Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting Scarlet on that boat.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Craverguy

Craverguy

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
I have heard tell that, in the final scene of the game, you can arrange to have Scarlet leave on the boat with Mike. I no longer believe this. I think it's a myth, like honest politicians or frozen pizza that's as good as delivery.

I've played the game through three times now. The first time, I didn't know about the boat, so I didn't plan for it. I used SIE as my handler for the final mission (so I could get the "Ladies Man" achievement), rescued Scarlet from the interrogation room, accidentally abandoned Mina to die (because I went through the wrong door), and got the "Thorton, Inc." ending. I ended up on the boat alone.

The next two attempts, I was aware of the boat and tried to plan ahead accordingly. I read on the Alpha Protocol Wiki that, if you have Heck as your handler for the final mission, Scarlet can end up with you on the boat at the end. So I went with Heck, saved Scarlet, deliberately shot Mina on Leland's orders, got the "Thorton, Inc." ending...and wound up on the boat with Heck.

The third time, I was getting a little sick of that ending, so I went with Albatross as my final handler and went for the "No Compromise, No Mercy" ending. This time, I didn't even get the opportunity to save Scarlet from the interrogation room, saved Mina (with no option to kill her), and ended up getting shot by Scarlet while menacing Leland. Even after I talked Scarlet out of killing me, I wound up on the boat with Mina.

In all three cases, I had 10 points of rep with Scarlet. In all three cases, I had gotten the "Exclusive Interview" perk. And in all three cases, I had 100% of Scarlet's dossier by the end of the game.

So...I have to know: is it actually possible to get this game to end with Mike riding off into the sunset with Scarlet, rather than with Mina, with Heck, or alone? What's the secret here?

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1548 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Here is the proof that it is possible (as a rule-of-thumb, never underestimate the power of youtube) :

Craverguy

Craverguy

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 4 posts
OK, but how do you do it?

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10830 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm curious about this myself, given my thread just below this.

I think Mina, with her mad hacking skillz, made sure she ends up on the boat instead of Scarlet. That's my theory.

Baeus

Baeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
If you save Mina, she will always show up on the boat if you get a boat ending. So you have to stop her from showing up first. If you're working with Leland, you'll get the option to kill her. If you turned down Leland (or he didn't want your help), then you get the option to leave Mina behind tied to the bombs *if* and only if you have a low rep with her. So if you have a high rep with her and aren't working with Leland, don't go into the area that has her.

It's also not enough to just save Scarlet and have good rep with her, you have to team up with her. If you just tell her to get out of the room and run for it, she'll vanish. Ask her to work with you, and if you get her talking on your com through the mission and showing up later with her rifle in hand, you're on the right track. It's easier to get her to join you if you get Omen's data. If you see Heck, G22 or SIE gunning down guys after talking to Scarlet, you didn't say the right things. After that, just get an ending that puts you on the boat and she should be there.

Edited by Baeus, 08 June 2012 - 02:17 AM.

Sannom

Sannom

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1548 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
What happens if you romance Scarlet but not Mina and still frees the latter and take the former as your handler in the last level? Wouldn't Scarlet get on the boat with you in that case?

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10830 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
So Mina ends up the boat with me unless I kill her or let her die? Geeze, she's needy. I just want to be friends, but apparently unless I want her dead, she'll push her way onto my yacht.

Baeus

Baeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

What happens if you romance Scarlet but not Mina and still frees the latter and take the former as your handler in the last level? Wouldn't Scarlet get on the boat with you in that case?

Nope. Mina always shows up on the boat if you save her.

Baeus

Baeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

So Mina ends up the boat with me unless I kill her or let her die? Geeze, she's needy. I just want to be friends, but apparently unless I want her dead, she'll push her way onto my yacht.

I would think that a good friend would offer someone a ride off the secret island of death that's about to blow up, hey? :)

Gelatoman

Gelatoman

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:SolidCLOUD_
That was my first ending... I was quite the whore...

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10830 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I would think that a good friend would offer someone a ride off the secret island of death that's about to blow up, hey? :)

Not when I'm trying to mack it up with Scarlett. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users