RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

PC requires DRM stuff...so console still wins for me on that portion. However, I think the stiffer competition for the console will be the same thing that I will deliberate about, will I really spend enough time on this new console vs. my Iphone and Ipad type stuff to justify a purchase? I think the console competitions will be with the new Ipad type items people carry rather then the PC. The same thing has slowly happened with the handhelds and the Android/Iphones and I think the smart phones are winning.

having a cell phone more powerful than my pc (or a hypothetical ps4) sounds pretty neat, but it also sounds like its 20 years away. or maybe im not understanding what you are saying? or maybe i don't realize how powerful cell phones are?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

having a cell phone more powerful than my pc (or a hypothetical ps4) sounds pretty neat, but it also sounds like its 20 years away. or maybe im not understanding what you are saying? or maybe i don't realize how powerful cell phones are?

I think you'd be surprised, these cell phones are pretty dang powerful.

Screen size is the real challenge.

its just hard to imagine when i consider how big something like an nvidia gt580 is. why is that so big, and a cellphone so small, if they are nearly comparable in power?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

They aren't really comparable to a dedicated large scale desktop GPU, probably closer to integrated solutions and the like used in laptops or cheap beige boxes.

You wouldn't use a cellphone type device for its raw power anyway, that's all about convenience. They'd be 'good enough' to compete with consoles, but still nowhere near PC for high end stuff. They're unlikely to be competitive on genuine performance with PC at any stage as a PC (even a laptop) is designed primarily to be plugged into mains. A cellphone or pad becomes a lot less convenient if you start doing lots of high power draw stuff on it, and starts requiring recharging every few hours.

C9 came out a few days ago in English, characters are hot, combat is entertaining. Free to play.

Is it as grating as Vindictus or can you actually play without socializing?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

C9 came out a few days ago in English, characters are hot, combat is entertaining. Free to play.

Is it as grating as Vindictus or can you actually play without socializing?

I can't say, I played it till level 10 and then lost all interest as usual, it became too repetitive. Don't play it.

He already announced the next ZOE, didn't he?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Kojima going to re-reveal the Fox Engine on August 30th.

I still think Project Ogre = MGS5.

Fingers crossed for another Zone of the Enders.

Project Ogre is not ZotE, that is being confirmed.

MFW

57624.gif

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

But Raven hasn't made anything real good in a decade or so . :/(

edit: Besides doesn't Activision own Raven?

Singularity was fancy. For me, one of the better shooters in years. It wasn't up-par with Modern Warfare script- and animation-wise, but other than that it really didn't got enough attention, imo. Kind of similar to Spec Ops: The Line. Unpolished here and there, but other than that a quite good game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Probably being made by Raven :-

What a perfectly uninformed statement.

Oh absolutely. Absolutely uninformed sir. That said - who doesn't like the idea of starting a rumour.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!