Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6089 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Keep telling us about your recent endeavours in gaming, here.

Myself, I'm going through The Witcher 2, and Deux Ex:HR, right now.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.
Started playing MechWarrior 4 just now. Took me... 2 hours... to figure out that the game kept minimizing on me because firefox was running in the background. >_<

Edited by Azdeus, 11 May 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7013 posts
  • Backer
Do you have the MekTek version? It should be more compatible with newer Windows versions. And play Mercenaries too if you can. Really hard at places, but loads of fun.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Tried a little Nation Red. Mindless gunning fun. I think I'm going to like it.

Anyone played any of the games in the Avernum series? Downloaded demo for the #6 one, going to check that out today. Looked kinda old-skool rpg or something.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5392 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Civ V, still leaving me a bit cold, but eh, was in the mood for a Civ game.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Silver Backer
awesomenauts - quite fun, especially for a free game ;D
  • Labadal likes this

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2962 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

awesomenauts - quite fun, especially for a free game ;D

I played this yesterday, but I was awful at the game.

Edited by Labadal, 11 May 2012 - 06:55 AM.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8226 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Dirt [loading] 3.

Just yutzing around learning how to properly drive a rally course.

Gonna start messing around with uncharted 3.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2100 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I can't decide what to play this weekend :( It sometimes suck to have such a big collection of games :(

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9573 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Portal 2. Trying out numerous custom puzzles. I always try to give constructive criticism.

Might make one, myself.

Azdeus

Azdeus

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Location:Sweden. The ass-end of nowhere, on the right hand side.

Do you have the MekTek version? It should be more compatible with newer Windows versions. And play Mercenaries too if you can. Really hard at places, but loads of fun.

No, I had'nt even heard of it, I'll check it out, cheers. :)

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2750 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Still puttering around on TOR. Have got to get back to play some of the Saints Row the Third dlc at some point, but haven't been in the right wacky mood.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9573 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Portal 2 still. Spent the past 4 hours creating two mechanics. Integrated them into a minor test chamber and published it as friends only. Add me as a friend if you want to see it and please please leave feedback if you do.

Going to try out some other people's chambers, then come back fresh tomorrow to try to put those two mechanics into a more complex puzzle.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Haha, starting to really like Nation Red. Fits my current short-gaming-session mentality. No questing, dialogues, or purpose but to shoot and survive. Wouldn't play it all day but very fun to do a few level plays in a row. Haven't tried the "Mission" levels yet, still trying to get better at surviving longer.

Tried Alan Wake...I love the atmosphere of the game but the fast stress (shadow person! run! into the light! run! thump! flashlight! run!) tired me out quickly. The aim/shoot controls do feel a little clumsy, but it's not too bad. Night time scenes look/feel awesome - character faces (in all the cinematics) are horrid, tho. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson, 11 May 2012 - 11:57 PM.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9573 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Spent 4 hours working on my test chamber. And found a neat revision for a mechanic, followed by a new related mechanic.

Promptly tried using them both together and received a cacophony of laser noise. And that's why you should never get attached to anything you design. Because those two should not be on the same map, let alone the same puzzle. Heck, the old mechanic wasn't that good anyway. I think I'll scrap half the chamber and forget it ever existed.

Serrano

Serrano

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 978 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Haha, starting to really like Nation Red. Fits my current short-gaming-session mentality. No questing, dialogues, or purpose but to shoot and survive. Wouldn't play it all day but very fun to do a few level plays in a row. Haven't tried the "Mission" levels yet, still trying to get better at surviving longer.

Tried Alan Wake...I love the atmosphere of the game but the fast stress (shadow person! run! into the light! run! thump! flashlight! run!) tired me out quickly. The aim/shoot controls do feel a little clumsy, but it's not too bad. Night time scenes look/feel awesome - character faces (in all the cinematics) are horrid, tho. :lol:

This isn't a story spoiler but it is a game mechanic spoiler

Spoiler

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5624 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Too tired to play any live games. So it's Civ time for me, while listening to Conn Iggulden's pulp fantasy/history of Genghiz Khan.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8226 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Uncharted 3, Drake's Fortune.

The game as a whole feels very... scattered. Basically if you took the plot down to it's base it's about Nathan Drake and his relationship with Sully (his father figure). The thing is that there are so many plot cul-de-sac's that it gets just annoying. Levels pop up out of nowhere and are never mentioned again (a whole segment that's technically impressive in the middle of the game on a boat is only there because it's an amazing setpiece and shows off water/tidal effects). Basically it's what happens when a dev team go "Ok, we've got our set pieces... now what do we do to make em work?"

They have a stealth mechanic but I found that it was very clunky and I'd get off one or two stealth kills before just getting into a firefight... and getting killed a dozen times because there'd be RPG's and guys in heavy armor (that take a full load of ammo to go down), as well as the standard punks to get ya.

The actual shooting was fine, although they need to change how tossing grenades back works. And add in a track target feature somehow. Major drawback, however, is that the game seems tailor built (excepting one or two sequences) for co-op play, so you're facing down REDICULOUS odds with an ai partner who can barely shoot, and never uses more than the standard pistol.

More thoughts in the mornin if there's interest.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9573 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Drake's Fortune felt very weak for me, too. Chloe and the new guy were only bit characters. Elaine's arc felt like old territory. I hope they don't do a 4, and move onto something new, but if they do, hopefully they can stop trying to reintroduce Elaine and their relationship. They're married, let's move on.

And when will they learn about pseudo supernatural fights near the end. They don't know how to do them well, they should stop trying. I swear, the monsters get less fun to fight every single game.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9817 posts
Warlock - Master of the Arcane.

A dangerous game. Just one more turn. Then one more turn. Ah what the heck, just one more turn... suddenly the afternoon had disappeared.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users