Piracy

So are you saying you're actually for freedom of speech? Reread what you wrote. It didn't make any sense "i want freedom of speech and total anonymity, then everyone will be held accountable", I just assumed you meant "i DONT want freedom of speech", because how the **** are you gonna hold everyone accountable if you don't know who they are.... ah never mind. I know you hate expression of opinions that don't coincide with yours. Seriously, Muslim Brotherhood is recruiting. And you love fancy quotes. You're the perfect candidate.

For the reading impaired...

In an ideal world, you would have an internet that didn't get monitored by authorities constantly and where there was no anonymity whatsoever. Then people would always have to face up to their actions.

But you are probably more concerned about the chip on your shoulder getting stained :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The whole 'internet is being oppressed' angle is slowly moving towards absurdity.

Internet has simply outgrown the whole wild-west stage and it will get regulated.

If pirates were capable of some forward thinking they would push for light regulation themselves.

This way they may delay things but when they'll finally happen they will hit hard.

Well, just that unlike games or movies, not every book gets pirated. Heh, I'll have to ask my friend about his reaction if his game gets cracked.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, just that unlike games or movies, not every book gets pirated. Heh, I'll have to ask my friend about his reaction if his game gets cracked.

It seems the vast majority of stuff floating around (to put it nicely) on the internet is "easy" entertainment. Maybe people who read Tolstoy are more likely to buy the book than people who watch Indepence Day are likely to buy the dvd?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yep, been too long since I checked. Doesn't matter if people who like readin Tolstoy are more pure or whatever, I think, high profile name so they'll put it out there. From what it seems though, good bit of Kindle files up, so who knows maybe they've just started grabbing anything and everything :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So are you saying you're actually for freedom of speech? Reread what you wrote. It didn't make any sense "i want freedom of speech and total anonymity, then everyone will be held accountable", I just assumed you meant "i DONT want freedom of speech", because how the **** are you gonna hold everyone accountable if you don't know who they are.... ah never mind. I know you hate expression of opinions that don't coincide with yours. Seriously, Muslim Brotherhood is recruiting. And you love fancy quotes. You're the perfect candidate.

For the reading impaired...

In an ideal world, you would have an internet that didn't get monitored by authorities constantly and where there was no anonymity whatsoever. Then people would always have to face up to their actions.

But you are probably more concerned about the chip on your shoulder getting stained :)

Oooooh, you mean mob justice then. Hey, well, in that case, how about you stand by your principles and give me your name, address and home number? That is if you want to face up to your actions like you say you do.

All that with a proof of course, take a picture of your mail and passport. I don't want to waste my time setting up an account on gay dating site for a guy who doesn't exist.

And I'll give you my credentials as well, no worries. Like in your beautiful theory. We'll test it, ok?

Is Delfosse an alt of one of the regular loons, or is he a new one?

You've got to work on your snarkiness, man.

Oooooh, you mean mob justice then. Hey, well, in that case, how about you stand by your principles and give me your name, address and home number? That is if you want to face up to your actions like you say you do.

All that with a proof of course, take a picture of your mail and passport. I don't want to waste my time setting up an account on gay dating site for a guy who doesn't exist.

And I'll give you my credentials as well, no worries. Like in your beautiful theory. We'll test it, ok?

You need to work harder still. Another strawman has to be put out of his misery. This is not an ideal world and I wouldn't trust you to not share my info with third parties who had no interest in reciprocating the gesture with other than harassment done under the cover of anonymity.

I love how the strawman defence immediately comes into play in a thread like this.. so old. Can't you please find some other internet meme to abuse incessantly now? Please?

It's also the perfect head-in-the-sand strategy. "So what if they're censoring one site, it's not like they're gonna censor any more! And anyone claiming it will be like China is building a strawman! Strawman strawman strawman blah blah herp derp blah"

I'm against piracy, I really am. But letting someone else control which sites you can or can not visit on the internet.. that's a really dangerous slippery slope.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Strawman strawman strawman blah blah herp derp blah"

Don't you guys build those huge straw goat effigies up there in Sweden?

This is not an ideal world and I wouldn't trust you to not share my info with third parties who had no interest in reciprocating the gesture with other than harassment done under the cover of anonymity.

What third party? The imaginary harassment agency?

Listen, don't be so scared. I'll only **** with you a little, you'll still be able to find a job, cause not all employers google you. And your wife won't leave you, probably. Jesus Christ, what a chicken**** you are. Bweh, disgusting. Alright, hide your head in the sand like a crybaby and keep trying to look tough by telling everyone that anonymity is bad. The truth is, with your ***** character, anonymity has probably saved you more times than you can imagine.

Edited by Delfosse

This is not an ideal world and I wouldn't trust you to not share my info with third parties who had no interest in reciprocating the gesture with other than harassment done under the cover of anonymity.

What third party? The imaginary harassment agency?

Listen, don't be so scared. I'll only **** with you a little, you'll still be able to find a job, cause not all employers google you. And your wife won't leave you, probably. Jesus Christ, what a chicken**** you are. Bweh, disgusting. Alright, hide your head in the sand like a crybaby and keep trying to look tough by telling everyone that anonymity is bad. The truth is, with your ***** character, anonymity has probably saved you more times than you can imagine.

That was almost a nice try :)

I'm actually more curious to know why we got so many Russian loons. Is LoF Russian, btw?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm actually more curious to know why we got so many Russian loons. Is LoF Russian, btw?

I thought it was obvious by now, this is ground zero for the red invasion.

Or Obsidian Entertainment is a red front.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

TPB has never once in its history attempted to remove copyrighted content. half hearted attempts were made by both Mininova and ISOhunt and others concerned with their long term survival. People go there to get illegal ****, and maybe they check out whatever band is being promoted as well. Lets call a spade a spade people.

Since we're calling spades spades...

TPB does not have any copyrighted content to remove as they don't host anything bar the torrent information. As such people cannot go there to get illegal asterisks, they can only go there to obtain directions to get (potentially) illegal asterisks. That's why they're still in business.

• Like 1

TPB has never once in its history attempted to remove copyrighted content. half hearted attempts were made by both Mininova and ISOhunt and others concerned with their long term survival. People go there to get illegal ****, and maybe they check out whatever band is being promoted as well. Lets call a spade a spade people.

TPB does not have any copyrighted content to remove as they don't host anything bar the torrent information. As such people cannot go there to get illegal asterisks, they can only go there to obtain directions to get (potentially) illegal asterisks. That's why they're still in business.

Maybe they just got tired of the semantics game and decided that "intent" sometimes counts too? In some parts of the world, you can get busted for knowingly assisting with illegal activity. Disclaimer: I've no clue what the legal situation is in the UK.

It is good thing to remember that not all TPB's directions lead to illegal asterisks, which might make banning the whole site illegal in itself. At least that's what is currently happening in Finland.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

No, you have to pay close attention, they are from the USSR. Which cracks me up to no end as most likely none of them were born in time to live one minute under Soviet rule.

You've got to work on your snarkiness, man.

Uh, it was a legitimate question, I'm not quite sure you are attacking me about it?

Anyways my guess is Lord of Flies. Obykneven posts with a different syntax.

It is good thing to remember that not all TPB's directions lead to illegal asterisks, which might make banning the whole site illegal in itself. At least that's what is currently happening in Finland.

If a massage parlor gives legitimate massages, but doesn't stop its therapists from giving a little extra on the side, it can still run the risk of getting shut down.

If a massage parlor gives legitimate massages, but doesn't stop its therapists from giving a little extra on the side, it can still run the risk of getting shut down.

Do you mean that if therapist freelance the entire parlor gets shut down? Or a you talking about happy endings?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

No, you have to pay close attention, they are from the USSR. Which cracks me up to no end as most likely none of them were born in time to live one minute under Soviet rule.

Says "Born in USSR" in my Russian passport. Says "Born in Leningrad USSR" in my Belgian passport.

I love how americans talk without knowing a single thing about the eastern world, it cracks me up.

Do you mean that if therapist freelance the entire parlor gets shut down? Or a you talking about happy endings?

If the therapist conducts their freelance work at the parlor, then the parlor may be shut down. It usually requires a few warnings and investigations first to see if the owners are actively trying to prevent the illegal activity.

What I'm saying here is TPB is not actively trying to prevent any illegal activity at their site, and so they can be held responsible.

My analogy breaks down a bit because you can't get a happy ending over the internet...yet!