Piracy

Pirate Bay's response to the UK ISP bans - http://thepiratebay.se/blog

TPB gets censored in the UK

The Western countries of the world all complaints about the censorship in Iran, China, Saudi Arabia and so on. But they are really the worst culprits themselves, having double morals in doing an even worse thing themselves.

Today news was out that the UK high court has decided that TPB is "massively infringing on copyright". The facts that no copyright is being infringed upon here at the site was not a welcome fact, so that was ignored apparantly.

Noone from TPB was invited to the court case, which would be normal to do in a democracy. This is not the first time this happens, it's been the same in most countries we're censored in. We have no right to speak since we're not rich.

Five ISPs got sued by the record companies to force them to block us. This is particularily interesting since music released and promoted exclusively here on TPB is currently in the brittish top charts. We are simply competitors that they just managed to squeeze out of their market, in a maffiesque way.

As usual there are easy ways to circumvent the block. Use a VPN service to be anonymous and get an uncensored internet access, you should do this anyhow. Or use TOR, I2P or some other darknet with access to the internets. Change your DNS settings with OpenDNS. Or use googles DNS servers... we could go on...

But don't forget that we can't allow this **** to happen. Next time they're coming for something else. And yes, there will be a next time if we don't stop them. Write to your ISP and tell them to appeal the case. Write to your local MPs and tell them that this is not allowed. Make sure your voice is heard. Remember, we're all the pirate bay, and we must stand united against the censorship from our opponents!

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't we already have a piracy thread?

This is not about piracy, this is about censorship... Just read the link https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-bay-boosts-sharing-is-caring-into-the-music-charts-120427/

They cut Dan Bull and other people like him from promoting their music in UK... What does this have to do with piracy?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I know, where will this respect of basic property rights end, eh?

1- Torrents aren't used exclusively for pirating. I download approximately 10-15 gigabytes per month of historical and political shows that aired in Russia on free television channels. That's just one of the million examples to use torrents legitimately.

2- What do you qualify as basic property rights, as opposed to advanced property rights? Owning physical objects such as apartment and a car is basic. Owning rights to a certain sequence of ones and zeros, that once decoded with a certain algorithm, turn into singing of words (that may have been "stolen" from previous singers), how is that simple? A singing that you did just once, then went home and made millions from it, that's not "basic", because it raises questions. How do you own rights of a sequence of ones and zeros? For how long should it remain YOUR property? How many millions is a person allowed to make yearly, since our resources aren't unlimited and by making so much money, your slow down humanity's progress, and since certain amounts of money are immoral, especially since they come from simple luck and no real useful accomplishment? Keep in mind, that money could be spent on research and development, or on sick kids, or on medical research for cancer. It's basic to you because you make absolutely no distinction between malum prohibitum and malum in se, which is a common trait of Westerners. If something is prohibited by law, then it must be bad (even if it isn't). If something isn't, then it must be good (even if it isn't). Independent thinking is frowned upon.

3- There can be models, in which private property in cultural and entertainment spheres doesn't exist, simply because those are essential to human beings, like medicine. Depriving people of such is one of the most inhuman ways to treat anyone. Providing a poor with a digital copy of his favorite song that he can't afford and WOULDN'T have afforded anyway (which means nobody loses anything), is it really a crime? Is it a crime that a kid whose parents are poor or simply don't spend money on him, gets to listen to someone sing? What a grim world you must live in.

Nothing is simple about digital content.

Edited by Delfosse

Whoa. I agree with the basic point that there is no such thing as 'inherent' property rights, and especially intellectual property is a particular historical construction rather than founded on a consistent set of ethics, but that's a whole load of equally artificial assumptions and judgments you're bringing in there.

Anyway, feel free to create a thread on this or find an existing one, but let's keep this one for game news...

I know, where will this respect of basic property rights end, eh?

1- Torrents aren't used exclusively for pirating. I download approximately 10-15 gigabytes per month of historical and political shows that aired in Russia on free television channels. That's just one of the million examples to use torrents legitimately.

2- What do you qualify as basic property rights, as opposed to advanced property rights? Owning physical objects such as apartment and a car is basic. Owning rights to a certain sequence of ones and zeros, that once decoded with a certain algorithm, turn into singing of words (that may have been "stolen" from previous singers), how is that simple? A singing that you did just once, then went home and made millions from it, that's not "basic", because it raises questions. How do you own rights of a sequence of ones and zeros? For how long should it remain YOUR property? How many millions is a person allowed to make yearly, since our resources aren't unlimited and by making so much money, your slow down humanity's progress, and since certain amounts of money are immoral, especially since they come from simple luck and no real useful accomplishment? Keep in mind, that money could be spent on research and development, or on sick kids, or on medical research for cancer. It's basic to you because you make absolutely no distinction between malum prohibitum and malum in se, which is a common trait of Westerners. If something is prohibited by law, then it must be bad (even if it isn't). If something isn't, then it must be good (even if it isn't). Independent thinking is frowned upon.

3- There can be models, in which private property in cultural and entertainment spheres doesn't exist, simply because those are essential to human beings, like medicine. Depriving people of such is one of the most inhuman ways to treat anyone. Providing a poor with a digital copy of his favorite song that he can't afford and WOULDN'T have afforded anyway (which means nobody loses anything), is it really a crime? Is it a crime that a kid whose parents are poor or simply don't spend money on him, gets to listen to someone sing? What a grim world you must live in.

Nothing is simple about digital content.

I don't really give a rat's arse about your definiton mate. The law in the UK regarding copyright is clear. The UK is entitled to operate within it's jurisdiction regarding the same.

On a personal level, I've just written a book. It's with a publisher. It took me a long time to write, and if you want to read it you pay for it. Whining about free access to other people's labour just because it's in code doesn't cut any ice with me.

Grow up.

Edited by Monte Carlo

sonsofgygax.JPG

Who's being crazy here ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How many millions is a person allowed to make yearly, since our resources aren't unlimited and by making so much money, your slow down humanity's progress, and since certain amounts of money are immoral, especially since they come from simple luck and no real useful accomplishment?

I wish i were this drunk

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Who's being crazy here ?

People who believe this has anything to do with censorship?

Funny how they always try to play that card every time such ugly concepts as accountability and similar rears their ugly head.

In an ideal world, you would have an internet that didn't get monitored by authorities constantly and where there was no anonymity whatsoever. Then people would always have to face up to their actions.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I guess they'll have to start actively screening for a whole host of things. Probably should have brought the TPB folk in to hear from them, but eh, is Britain.

LOL Britain.

That's what is happening when your country is run by a bunch of entitled Oxford college-kids that think they can wield power like an absolute monarch.

Such juicy things as their libel laws and now this. Britain really likes free speech it would seem.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So hacking phones it's ok but hacking the pop charts it's wrong. Britain its a confusing place :ermm:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

TPB has never once in its history attempted to remove copyrighted content. half hearted attempts were made by both Mininova and ISOhunt and others concerned with their long term survival. People go there to get illegal ****, and maybe they check out whatever band is being promoted as well. Lets call a spade a spade people.

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I don't really give a rat's arse about your definiton mate. The law in the UK regarding copyright is clear. The UK is entitled to operate within it's jurisdiction regarding the same.

On a personal level, I've just written a book. It's with a publisher. It took me a long time to write, and if you want to read it you pay for it. Whining about free access to other people's labour just because it's in code doesn't cut any ice with me.

Grow up.

I knew you didn't give a flying **** about any of it right when I saw your post. Cause you wrote a book. And you're so superior now. A writer, not like that everyday scum! Not like everyone else around who is just a biological waste, and if they want to read your oeuvre d'art, they have to pay you cause you're a genius.

I know people like you, buddy. You're not surprising anyone, nor do you look unique with your "i don't give a **** about anyone but myself" approach. Behold the typical byproduct of post-modernity.

In case you're wondering - no, I don't want to read your book. But if I did, I'd probably go to a store and read it there legally and then I wouldn't buy it, just to piss you off. But hey, since it's legal, means it's okay (morally good!), by your own logic.

In an ideal world, you would have an internet that didn't get monitored by authorities constantly and where there was no anonymity whatsoever. Then people would always have to face up to their actions.

If you had to face up for your last action, my friend, I don't think you would've liked that :no:

And hey, good news for you, they already did that in China, everyone has to register in MMOs and on forums with their passport! China as in "the country that takes the last spot in the countries graded by freedom of speech". I think you should move there, or Saudi Arabia, especially since you're big on travel.

Edited by Delfosse

Idon't really give a rat's arse about your definiton mate. The law in the UK regarding copyright is clear. The UK is entitled to operate within it's jurisdiction regarding the same.

Grow up.

To be fair, I doubt your book'd be pirated. :p

If you had to face up for your last action, my friend, I don't think you would've liked that :no:

Try harder.

And hey, good news for you, they already did that in China, everyone has to register in MMOs and on forums with their passport! China as in "the country that takes the last spot in the countries graded by freedom of speech". I think you should move there, or Saudi Arabia, especiallyg since you're big on travel.

False dichotomy. Try shopping online for strawmen. You are burning them up at an alarming rate.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So are you saying you're actually for freedom of speech? Reread what you wrote. It didn't make any sense "i want freedom of speech and total anonymity, then everyone will be held accountable", I just assumed you meant "i DONT want freedom of speech", because how the **** are you gonna hold everyone accountable if you don't know who they are.... ah never mind. I know you hate expression of opinions that don't coincide with yours. Seriously, Muslim Brotherhood is recruiting. And you love fancy quotes. You're the perfect candidate.

Edited by Delfosse

To be fair, I doubt your book'd be pirated. :p

Fair point. You too noticed he wrote "within it's jurisdiction"? I don't think he actually has a book. Maybe a comic book? Because frankly, illiterate writer = division by zero.

Edited by Delfosse