Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What you did today

the never ending thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
501 replies to this topic

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9814 posts

Watching Lonely Island's 'Throw it to the Ground", I'm making a note to one day throw some kid's birthday cake to the ground and tell him 'Welcome to the real world, jackass'

:lol:

Still wistfully dreaming of the day where you can book "kid free" flights, domestically and in particular long haul.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5387 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
IEMs work well for that. Or just willpower :D

Last time I flew with on a flight with a kid, it was great, as the suit next to me annoyed me more with his moaning than the kid came close to. Also the kid bit his mom, and she belted him and followed with "Go on cry, no one cares and you're just making noise".

Also learned some visitors are coming into the office, ugh, means more enforced workplace socializing *shakes fist*

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9814 posts
Blargh!... I should have said no the let MSN Messenger update itself. It's completely fubar now. Time to find a replacement. Also time to find out how to permanently delete old Windows Live profiles.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Stabbing painful over the eye headache. Laid in bed all morning in the dark. Came down for a cup of tea, some paracetamol, checking emails for any emergencies, then disapearing back to the dark and hoping the dog doesn't eat the cat.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4625 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Stabbing painful over the eye headache. Laid in bed all morning in the dark. Came down for a cup of tea, some paracetamol, checking emails for any emergencies, then disapearing back to the dark and hoping the dog doesn't eat the cat.

Switch to ibuprofen, my friend. Paracetamol is a bit limited when it comes to headaches.
  • Rosbjerg likes this

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm not quite sure what happened today. After spending large chunks of yesterday hiding from the headache.. I sat down to achieve some work.. started having a poke at reading and understanding some things from Prince2, ITIL, and Modaf..and somehow ended up going to project managent and then onto Arcologies, Future Architecture, and the assorted basic sciences, methodologies and funky art surrounding them...

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4625 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I spent all day at work on wikipedia. HAH HAH HAH.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8771 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Today, I referenced a Wikipedia article in an academic article. I'm so bad!

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5387 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Wondering why my coworkers are so cheerful and chit-chatty. Suspecting they're normal, but I'll go with 'insane' as my conclusion. Spent 70% of my day on Wikipedia.

Edited by Malcador, 03 May 2012 - 11:46 AM.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8092 posts
Ever play "mongobingo"? (probably not since it's a Swedish name for it.. :p)

You and a couple of friends choose a topic, for example "Alpha Protocol". Then all of you go to Wikipedia and press Random Article. You start from that random article and the point of the game is to reach the Wikipedia page of the chosen topic in as few steps as possible, using only the links available to you on the Wikipedia pages in front of you (thus forming a chain). Shortest chain wins.

This is what I do at work. It's hilarious.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Backer
I've got to try that!

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Felt terrible again, slept most of the day. I think my Spring/summer allergies are starting to kick in, especially from the maples. Feels like I have a stuffy head cold/flu half the time.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Since it's May the 4th.. I'm pondering if I can get away with doing bugger all work effort, and spending large chunks of the day playing Star Wars games instead..

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9814 posts

Since it's May the 4th.. I'm pondering if I can get away with doing bugger all work effort, and spending large chunks of the day playing Star Wars games instead..

What's special about May 4th?

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Star Wars Day - May the Fourth be With you.. :dancing:

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9814 posts

Star Wars Day - May the Fourth be With you.. :dancing:

I actually did read about that somewhere else, I just missed the connection :facepalm:

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2747 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I actually did read about that somewhere else, I just missed the connection :facepalm:

For the weird.. The reference of "May the Fourth Be With You" was first used.. by the Tory party as a bit of advertising/pr back in 1979 for one of Maggie Thatcher's election.

Having it turn into a recognised geek cultural thing came yeears later. Actually decades..

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5387 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Beware the Revenge of the Fifth!
  • Nepenthe likes this

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Watching the Red Sox implode some more. Which makes me cry a little and reach for the beef jerky. Oh well. I had a feeling it wouldn't go well with all those changes and DL's and everything at once. Maybe it's the Orioles time to shine, now. Could be interesting! :lol:

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 970 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Happy Cinco de Mayo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users