What you did today

Tale

Hi everyone.

Heya :sorcerer:

Still donning the kevlar vest and commuting to Mexico?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nope that contract is finished. Nobody even tried to kidnap me. I guess word got around I had no money. :lol:

I'm back home for a while.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I guess word got around I had no money. :lol:

Dag nabbit. I specifically told those drug cartels "el tiene ningun dinero." My spanish is rusty, but that should translate to "he has 9 million dollars!"
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, good thing you're not dead or captive, I guess.

Watching Lonely Island's 'Throw it to the Ground", I'm making a note to one day throw some kid's birthday cake to the ground and tell him 'Welcome to the real world, jackass'

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I guess word got around I had no money. :lol:

Dag nabbit. I specifically told those drug cartels "el tiene ningun dinero." My spanish is rusty, but that should translate to "he has 9 million dollars!"

I thought it might translate to "he's got a ninja with guns!"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watching Lonely Island's 'Throw it to the Ground", I'm making a note to one day throw some kid's birthday cake to the ground and tell him 'Welcome to the real world, jackass'

:lol:

Still wistfully dreaming of the day where you can book "kid free" flights, domestically and in particular long haul.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

IEMs work well for that. Or just willpower :D

Last time I flew with on a flight with a kid, it was great, as the suit next to me annoyed me more with his moaning than the kid came close to. Also the kid bit his mom, and she belted him and followed with "Go on cry, no one cares and you're just making noise".

Also learned some visitors are coming into the office, ugh, means more enforced workplace socializing *shakes fist*

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Blargh!... I should have said no the let MSN Messenger update itself. It's completely fubar now. Time to find a replacement. Also time to find out how to permanently delete old Windows Live profiles.

Stabbing painful over the eye headache. Laid in bed all morning in the dark. Came down for a cup of tea, some paracetamol, checking emails for any emergencies, then disapearing back to the dark and hoping the dog doesn't eat the cat.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Stabbing painful over the eye headache. Laid in bed all morning in the dark. Came down for a cup of tea, some paracetamol, checking emails for any emergencies, then disapearing back to the dark and hoping the dog doesn't eat the cat.

Switch to ibuprofen, my friend. Paracetamol is a bit limited when it comes to headaches.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm not quite sure what happened today. After spending large chunks of yesterday hiding from the headache.. I sat down to achieve some work.. started having a poke at reading and understanding some things from Prince2, ITIL, and Modaf..and somehow ended up going to project managent and then onto Arcologies, Future Architecture, and the assorted basic sciences, methodologies and funky art surrounding them...

Wondering why my coworkers are so cheerful and chit-chatty. Suspecting they're normal, but I'll go with 'insane' as my conclusion. Spent 70% of my day on Wikipedia.

Edited by Malcador

Ever play "mongobingo"? (probably not since it's a Swedish name for it.. :p)

You and a couple of friends choose a topic, for example "Alpha Protocol". Then all of you go to Wikipedia and press Random Article. You start from that random article and the point of the game is to reach the Wikipedia page of the chosen topic in as few steps as possible, using only the links available to you on the Wikipedia pages in front of you (thus forming a chain). Shortest chain wins.

This is what I do at work. It's hilarious.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've got to try that!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Felt terrible again, slept most of the day. I think my Spring/summer allergies are starting to kick in, especially from the maples. Feels like I have a stuffy head cold/flu half the time.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Since it's May the 4th.. I'm pondering if I can get away with doing bugger all work effort, and spending large chunks of the day playing Star Wars games instead..

Since it's May the 4th.. I'm pondering if I can get away with doing bugger all work effort, and spending large chunks of the day playing Star Wars games instead..

What's special about May 4th?

Star Wars Day - May the Fourth be With you.. :dancing:

Star Wars Day - May the Fourth be With you.. :dancing:

I actually did read about that somewhere else, I just missed the connection :facepalm:

I actually did read about that somewhere else, I just missed the connection :facepalm:

For the weird.. The reference of "May the Fourth Be With You" was first used.. by the Tory party as a bit of advertising/pr back in 1979 for one of Maggie Thatcher's election.

Having it turn into a recognised geek cultural thing came yeears later. Actually decades..

Beware the Revenge of the Fifth!

• Like 1

Watching the Red Sox implode some more. Which makes me cry a little and reach for the beef jerky. Oh well. I had a feeling it wouldn't go well with all those changes and DL's and everything at once. Maybe it's the Orioles time to shine, now. Could be interesting! :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts