What you did today

Tale

Mother is in the hospital. Has a kidney stone that's too big. Today they were to put a stint in and actually take care of it on Monday. In the process they moved the stone, so she's in lots of pain. Putting her on medication that will knock her out and they're keeping her over night.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mother is in the hospital. Has a kidney stone that's too big. Today they were to put a stint in and actually take care of it on Monday. In the process they moved the stone, so she's in lots of pain. Putting her on medication that will knock her out and they're keeping her over night.

Yikes, I've heard those are incredibly painful. Best of luck to her and you.

Hope she gets/feel better soon, Tale.

I haven't had time to play Risen2 much yet. Was planning on some (silent) Let's play footage, but it's a pain to play, record, exit, crunch video, upload, repeat all the time. Don't know if I'll keep that up for long. Gotta run some errands before I can settle in for a weekend of gaming again. woot. Seem to be in more of a gaming mood again. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As someone who has had a kidney stone I can honestly say that I feel for your mom, best of wishes so that she gets well soon. Also can you ask her if it's more painful than labor pains, it may help me settle a long time argument.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Ouch, my dad had one. He never complains about pain, but the kidney stone hurt as hell, he said. Hope your mother gets better.

Feel nauseous/headachey, went to bed early. Gaming put on hold. Felt like this a couple days ago too, but it went away in a few hours/assumed it food related. Woke up an hour ago and nausea etc. came right back. Heh. Back to bed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got up, realised no-one else was up and moving around.. so I went back to bed.

Later proceeded to make a cup of tea, watch the latest episode of "Person of Interest", and idly along a little time by poking at some forums and reading some Aeon Trinity.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Meh, tired of sleeping/napping. Still feel pretty oogy but time to do some things before taking another nap. No fever at least.

They let my mother out today.

Orogun, I asked, and both my mother and sister agree, the kidney stone is more painful.

They let my mother out today.

Orogun, I asked, and both my mother and sister agree, the kidney stone is more painful.

Great news!:aiee:I won that argument!!!...Oh, yeah. Congrats on your mother's recovery.

On a more serious note, did she pass the stone or was it merely broken. If it's the latter make sure she has the proper pain meds. As I was sent home without them and had a return trip to the hospital.Yay USA.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

She still has the stone. They're not removing it until Monday. They were putting the stint in first. They're going to break it and remove it to my knowledge.

She still has the stone. They're not removing it until Monday. They were putting the stint in first. They're going to break it and remove it to my knowledge.

Another thing that factors in it's the initial cause in my case it was my diet at the time. Drinking soda instead of water doesn't do the body good.

So you guys are going to have to deal with a bit prevention, don't want to aggravate the situation.

At any rate, at the very least the methadone was fun. What do they have her on?

village_idiot.gif

Second night of strange dreams of alien invasion.. and I haven't even been watching sci-fi.

Seriously heavy r ain and strong wind all through the night and still going this morning. Kind of laid in bed listening to it all.. Strangely hard to get up when you're snug in bed, feeling kind of lazy, and can hear the trees bending and creaking in the wind and the windows getting hammered by rain....

Very quiet day today. Dragged out for beers yesterday, and rolling around town like a good 'un. Just contemplating whether I really need to spend a few thousand on improving the insulation and security on the house. I had the quote yesterday and it comes all told to about a grand more than I intended. But then I look at the place and think how much better I'll sleep if I'm warm and safe(er).

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Very quiet day today. Dragged out for beers yesterday, and rolling around town like a good 'un. Just contemplating whether I really need to spend a few thousand on improving the insulation and security on the house. I had the quote yesterday and it comes all told to about a grand more than I intended. But then I look at the place and think how much better I'll sleep if I'm warm and safe(er).

And with good insulation..the heating bills will drop a fair bit over the winter...

• Like 1

Weekend's passed way too fast. I can't wait for the dissertation to be done for good, it sucks my soul away. Happily Tuesday's off, I'll take it off the unpaid work, too.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

A familiar story where the piece I'm writing is transforming in nature precisely as I write, so that when I'm done, it will already be something very different in my mind, and what is actually written will be a horror-child caught in an existential crisis between two states of being.

Also, it would probably be better without Risen 2. Grrr.

A familiar story where the piece I'm writing is transforming in nature precisely as I write, so that when I'm done, it will already be something very different in my mind, and what is actually written will be a horror-child caught in an existential crisis between two states of being.

Also, it would probably be better without Risen 2. Grrr.

I think it actually gets worse when you're done with that and just working on the index. :D :D:D:D:D:DDDDDDD :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Yeesh. Caught a bit of a documentary about "Extreme Couponing".

Okay, spending a "minimum" of 35 hours a week on collecting/arranging/organising coupons, so you can go and do massive shopping sprees that end up costing you $0.. and having hordes of stuff you don't actually use for years if at all.... That's a point where you aren't "saving money" just losing a serious chunk of your life. If the choice is spending a hundred bucks or so, and getting 35 hours of your life back...

Edit:

Hm, and my mothers kindle is starting to go. The battery isn't lasting as long as it should and it doesn't let you switch the thing off. Or rather you can..but then it'll randomly switch itself on or into standby mode over the course of a night..

And kind of annoyed with Amazon about it - looking at the possibilities of picking up a replacement, the UK versions cost ridiculously more then buying it in the US. And Amazon.com no longer allows you to buy them and get it shipped across to the UK (which is how I got it for her birthday about 3 years ago).

I mean, seriously, Kindle Touch 3G in the US = $149. Or.. in the UK =

Edited by Raithe

You can't ask someone to buy & ship from US for you? E.g. I'd be happy to, but (a) you may not want to trust an Internet Person (horror) with moneys, which is understandable, and (b) I'll be out of US for the summer in a week. But maybe you know somebody on the other side?

You can't ask someone to buy & ship from US for you? E.g. I'd be happy to, but (a) you may not want to trust an Internet Person (horror) with moneys, which is understandable, and (b) I'll be out of US for the summer in a week. But maybe you know somebody on the other side?

I know a few people so I'm giving it some thought.

Heh, of course that's turned out to be an interesting issue - ordering a Kindle and Amazon will automatically set it up to your account unless you tell them it's a gift. So several have been stolen en-route, and the thieves get to buy books and such via the Kindle since they weren't set up with passwords or wotnot. Although that was some months ago, not sure if they've solved that problem yet...

Exciting day of vacuuming my penguins and general dusting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Exciting day of vacuuming my penguins and general dusting.

Santa?

Wrong pole ;)

After a heavy downpour that lasted more than 30 hours, the silence when it ceased was almost deafening. It also meant a weekend spent cooped up indoors. Managed to catch up a bit on my gaming, but otherwise very uneventful.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein