What you did today

Tale

For the past two weeks I have done nothing but fish, read, play with the dogs, and sleep. It has been nice but I'm ready to get back to work now. BTW Lady Crimson, how about them Rays!

Tarna your cheerful attitude and strength of will in the face of the most terrible of adversity is nothing short of amazing. I'm praying for you buddy, I wish there was more I could do.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

BTW Lady Crimson, how about them Rays!

Yeah, they're doing good. What I find more interesting, however, is the Orioles. Staying on top for as long as they have, that's a change. It'd be kind of cool to see them finally do well again after so long. The AL East needs a shakeup (away from constant Boston/NY). Doesn't make me like them, tho. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had a new PET scan tuesday however. Present chemotherapy is not working any longer. For as long as I can remember, I have always had an extremely strong and adaptive recuperation immune system. Apparently my original cancer cells also hold that adaptive system. I've now been through two seperate chemo treatments and the damned cancer has rapidly adapted to both. My oncologist has taken away my 2-3 years and replaced that statement with "I'm very, very worried". That's very freaking nice.

Can't be much satisfaction, but knowing the only thing tough enough to kill you is YOU is pretty much the definition of badass.

EDIT: Presumably some of your immune system is still loyal? The cancer may be tougher, but it's not part of a regulated system of systems like your normal defences. I wonder if you could leverage that somehow?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Retagging a few dozen albums with all correct names and art for a nifty Android music player that has a visual cloud navigation system.

n7player_1-680x3321.jpg

And no, that's nto my music.

BTW Lady Crimson, how about them Rays!

Yeah, they're doing good. What I find more interesting, however, is the Orioles. Staying on top for as long as they have, that's a change. It'd be kind of cool to see them finally do well again after so long. The AL East needs a shakeup (away from constant Boston/NY). Doesn't make me like them, tho. :lol:

Plus they had just beaten the Sox 2 out of 3 in Fenway when I posted that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Lightly steambroiled one hand. >_<

New kettle, just boiled some water. Poured one cup, started to pour the second, lid fell off and cloud of steam ran up my arm.

Cold water under the tap never felt so good.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a job interview today. Still debating on whether it went well or not.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Plus they had just beaten the Sox 2 out of 3 in Fenway when I posted that.

Yes, I figured that was a part of it. ;)

After the first month or so of the season I haven't watched the RedSox much. I check the scores and the news but between the fact I still can't used to Tito being gone (cries), half the players being injured/reinjured, the bullpen/pitching being terrible, and a general feeling that the team has yet to find its groove as a team, it's hard to watch/root for them. They'll get it together eventually ... and I don't mean necessarily that they'll start winning big. I mean more the team attitude. There's something not quite right there. They're not...cohesive. Missing Varitek and Tito's ability to manage personalities, perhaps...adjustment to new manager and all of that.

Middlebrooks looks to be a potential awesome addition, however. I wonder what they'll do about that, since Youk is supposed to be on 3rd base.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Today I realised I have a kidney stone again, I look forward to several days of pain and not being able to pee, bah, I blame the queen :getlost:

I feel for you, good luck and the best of pain meds to you.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Retagging a few dozen albums with all correct names and art for a nifty Android music player that has a visual cloud navigation system.

Pretty cool looking, which player is it?

n7player. There's a 7 day fully-fledged demo, then it costs... less than three bucks. I'm happy with it. It's pretty good at finding album art (automatically, or manually where it searches google/bing/etc), and lets you mass edit tags to get rid of duplicates and whatnot. It took me a few hours since my music all had contradictory tags, but now everything is great.

Today I realised I have a kidney stone again, I look forward to several days of pain and not being able to pee, bah, I blame the queen :getlost:

I think I got away with it, must have been a tiny one but I think I felt it pass, I appreciate the sentiment though, a few years ago I had my first stone and it was the worst pain of my life.

I think I got away with it, must have been a tiny one but I think I felt it pass, I appreciate the sentiment though, a few years ago I had my first stone and it was the worst pain of my life.

Lucky that it was a small one, although perhaps a change of diet it's in order. I got mine because I chose to drink sodas instead of water, to this day I hate corn syrup with a passion. Maybe something similar its the cause of yours.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The only fluid i regularly consume is coffe, which as it happens is not as bad for you as previously thought. I take it with milk, no sugar, which has conditionedme to dislike anything really sweet such as soda or candy. They say it happens automatically as you get older, but I've had this dislike since forever.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Glad I drink a lot of water. Probably not that much though, will drink about 2 L while I'm work over the course of ten hours.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's finally finished. My restoration project is finally done! Pics will be posted soon!

That was a teaser by the way.

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

It's finally finished. My restoration project is finally done, for the most part at least. The last three weeks I've been putting it together, I finished rebuilding the engine and installing the seats and dash. I rebuilt both the front and rear, put on the new rotors and brakes. The only things I did not do myself were the transmission, paint, tires and convertable top. It has a rebuilt dodge 383 engine (original engine), 4 barrel Mopar carburetor (new), rebuilt transmission (from a 73' Barracuda) the dash and seats are from a '61 Fury and the backseat and convertable motor is from a ' 69 Chevelle. Definitely a mutt car but it runs f*****g great.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 2

Thomas Sowell

Hah! Nice wheels. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thanks all! I just took it for a long shake down ride today. Definitely a lot of fun.

Thomas Sowell

The only fluid i regularly consume is coffe, which as it happens is not as bad for you as previously thought. I take it with milk, no sugar, which has conditionedme to dislike anything really sweet such as soda or candy. They say it happens automatically as you get older, but I've had this dislike since forever.

Glad I drink a lot of water. Probably not that much though, will drink about 2 L while I'm work over the course of ten hours.

I survive mostly on tea, I'm starting to suspect it's the reason for the kidney stones, I know I should drink more water but I'm really going to have to flavour it with something, can't do plain water.

I've consumed disturbing amounts of soda over the past 6-7 years (basically grad school and court internship)... It's been of the diet variety, which might have saved me from kidney stones but probably from little else. Currently happily sipping on some water, trying to slowly redirect myself that way now that the hell is pretty much over.

Which is what I should have posted a week ago; "I sent my dissertation off to the publisher."

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif