What you did today

Tale

End of old thread.

I did everyone's favorite activity, nothing. Which I'm feeling guilty over because I need a replacement for my current job. Should have been looking at new ones and sending out resumes.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

But... how did it taste?

Surprisingly well. Not the nauseating sugary stuff you get in chocolate bars and sprinkled on top of pastry. Harder in consistency than I thought too, unlike the grated, dried stuff you normally get.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm not quite sure how to take this, but whilst picking up assorted groceries (ie; parsnips, potatos, broccoli, mashed swede, salmon fillets, chicken kiev and such-things) I also picked up a bottle of Port.. and then got stopped and ID checked by the lady on the checkout.

Then, as I left the story carrying my goods some venerable gent glared at me, spat on the ground at my feet before calling me a "F'ing nonce!" and stormed off.

That was a slightly odd five minutes.

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Found an old (ok, circa 1993-94) chess set from Radio Shack, one where you can play against the PC. So will muck around with that to reinforce the fact that I do indeed suck horribly at chess. Fun day at work, trying to test a release and it's a wonderful mess of a choking DB, non-existent or nebulous test plans and the fact all these changes were developed 9 months ago :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Then, as I left the story carrying my goods some venerable gent glared at me, spat on the ground at my feet before calling me a "F'ing nonce!" and stormed off.

According to Wiki a "nonce" is British slang for a sex offender. What a weird thing for one random stranger to say to another. Were you walking around with your junk out? :p

According to Wiki a "nonce" is British slang for a sex offender. What a weird thing for one random stranger to say to another. Were you walking around with your junk out? :p

Well it was equal opportunity for "sex offender" or "gay" depending on your generation.

And nope. General laid back jeans, shirt, jacket, bags of groceries in each hand.. Just..bizarre.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe he thought your groceries weren't manly enough.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had a ridiculous time getting my computer setup these last few weeks. My first motherboard went up in smoke and flames and killed my i5 processor with it. And then my replacement motherboard did the exact same thing with my replacement processor. It turned out that it was my 1200w PSU dying, and overvolting every part with it. So I swapped it out for a more modest 750w. Running off my third mobo and processor, stable so far we'll see how it goes...

Sorry to hear that, Bok. Hope the new one works out OK.

EDIT/ASIDE:

What kind of sub-moron, in front of thousands of people and hundreds of cameras, deliberately knees someone during anything other than an arse-kneeing contest?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Same one that'd shag his best friend's girlfriend or call another player 'black ****'. So disappointed they won yesterday, damn English are insufferable when they win anything. *shakes fist at the heavens*

Had a ridiculous time getting my computer setup these last few weeks. My first motherboard went up in smoke and flames and killed my i5 processor with it. And then my replacement motherboard did the exact same thing with my replacement processor. It turned out that it was my 1200w PSU dying, and overvolting every part with it. So I swapped it out for a more modest 750w. Running off my third mobo and processor, stable so far we'll see how it goes...

:o

I'd be so raging/pulling my hair out in that situation. Hope the 3rd time's the charm. :cat:

I need a surefire way to keep weeds and weed grasses from ever growing back in one spot again. Well, as surefire as it gets anyway. And for lazy people. Not the lawn itself. A dirtbed area. Seems like I'd have to radiate the ground or destroy the water table with chemical dumping or something, tho. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Got a 97 on an exam!

And used "Fear will keep the local systems in line... Fear of this battlestation!" as part of that!

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Spent 5 hrs comforting and carting around a friend to docs offices for back pain.

Hoping to write a few thousand more words tonight so I don't suffer from Have-Risen-2-but-cannot-play-is-becoming-psychopath condition.

Today I got $1450 for doing nothing. :thumbsup:

You're one of those naked sushi people, right?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Maybe he's a Swedish Quango?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got drunk with several of my managers at work.... This is an odd feeling because last night and tonight are the first times I've been drunk.

Am alone in the office early and alone so am singing 'Three Little Birds' along with the Ajax fans on Youtube.

Tough week at work, and about to start working on the index of my dissertation. Mebbe save it until tomorrow, but that's going to be this weekend's theme at any rate.

Not sure if I ever bothered to mention it, but I had a love-at-first-sight experience on the first day at my current place of employment. Her birthday's on Sunday, got her a book on italian organized crime (which she loves). Too bad she's taken, good thing we work at the same place so I have to keep myself in check.

On the more happier front, we had a stakeholder party last night and a cute blonde lawyer chick was hitting on me all night. Might have to pursue that, to keep myself sane re: dream woman. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today I got $1450 for doing nothing. :thumbsup:

You're one of those naked sushi people, right?

Hey, that's supposed to be a secret!

I have some shares and I think the phrase I'm looking for is share dividends? I've been buying and selling for the last 2-3 years and sometimes I've bought the shares at a very good time, and I've gotten some money without having to sell anything.