The photo thread

obyknven

Wish I had more books, I just have a cluttered shelf. Guess I started collecting only when I left University, up to that point, it was all about the public library :p

post-25426-0-44401900-1335736510_thumb.jpg

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wish I had more books, I just have a cluttered shelf. Guess I started collecting only when I left University, up to that point, it was all about the public library :p

See, my parents got me into reading when they gave me Enid Blyton books when I was around 5. Since then.. I've just collected a steady growth.

Last time I took a full count (not including rpg books or comics/graphic novels) I had just under 6,000. That was about hm. 3 or 4 years ago.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Took this one morning at work, rather nice view through the window near me. Almost makes it more bearable

post-25426-0-42104600-1335742470_thumb.jpg

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Very nice, Malcador. :) Wish I had an outdoor view like that from somewhere indoors.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oohh, a photo thread! Then I can finally show off some of my finest work!

stalker.jpg

I took this one night when I was strolling around in the bushes outside a dormhouse and saw a window that had NOT adhered to the warnings about a crazy stalker strolling around in their bushes at night. I aimed my zoomed in camera carefully and managed to get this incredibly sharp and morally perfected picture at first try. With one hand! Semi-running!!

I am very proud of myself.

It's actually my apartment and my Ukrainian friend.. I wanted to show her that she must remember to close the blinders because this is what it looks like from the street. And I actually got a real stalker because of her already! No joke!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I want something like this:

large-library-designs.jpg

Probably need to start playing the lottery more regularly. Either that or sell my children.

You could also host country house murders.

What they don't tell is how much dust that place gathers in just a couple of weeks time...

Edit: @mkreku: You sure she doesn't read forums?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I asked her permission. And if this wasn't a board set in the land of the free, I would upload the good pictures I've been taking of her. This girl is not shy. She's awesome.

I asked her permission. And if this wasn't a board set in the land of the free, I would upload the good pictures I've been taking of her. This girl is not shy. She's awesome.

*mumbles some envious expletitives* :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

One of my dogs (well sister's dogs, but whatever) unhappily showing his support

post-25426-0-20353800-1335974202_thumb.jpg

I really have way too many photos of these dogs.

Edited by Malcador

I will contribute with another one of my superbly artistic pictures.

backside.jpg

It's my favourite Ukrainian mail order bride yet again.

Weirdo.

Weirdo.

Yes, why can't he be normal and go over the same circular piracy discussion every month, instead?!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm not a dude, but even I'll say that looks like one cute, uh, friend. ;)

One of my dogs (well sister's dogs, but whatever) unhappily showing his support

I really have way too many photos of these dogs.

As long as a cat didn't see him wearing it, he's probably ok with wearing the doggie sweater. But if a cat saw him, he may never recover. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was in China last month playing around with my camera making weird pictures by capturing people as block characters. The photos haven't been photoshopped or manipulated in anyway. It's just one photo being taken while I do a vertical panoramic shot. The background is okay but the people at the front turn into block characters.

7138198099_3eabd4611a.jpg

6992115054_e4b3010d21.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not a dude, but even I'll say that looks like one cute, uh, friend. ;)

I sorta regret not going with the dumb & dumber reference (ie. he must work out) earlier, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Weirdo.

Yes, why can't he be normal and go over the same circular piracy discussion every month, instead?!

No, why can't he find a site that he could share those photos without fear... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Fittingly referring to periodic episodes. Points for it being random though. :thumbsup:

Not a sweater, it's a scarf I just tossed on him. They did buy them these sweaters to wear in winter, naturally being women my mother and sister decided that plain colours would be boring and got them zebra striped ones, tartan ones, etc. :p

Edited by Malcador

Yes, I've completely stopped taking nature shots. Sunsets? Pffft. Seen it already.

homeattire.jpg

Normal day attire. She calls them shorts. Yes. Shorts.

I can't believe I actually have to explain this for the mentally challenged, but the mail order bride thing is a joke. She's the daughter of one of my older coworkers. Me and him have a patent together and she was my translator because his English is not as good, thus we became very good friends. She calls herself "my Russian prostitute". It's also a joke. Don't ask.