RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

They obviously have more resources than a single-player team, but whether those resources necessarily translate into a lot more work done on the world when they have to focus on a lot more stuff compared to the single-player titles.. well...

Besides, I'm sure they can easily do all of Tamriel, the problem is whether they will manage to keep a balance between a sense of scale and density. We'll see.

I wonder if you can still mod all the bugs and other horrible crap out if it's an MMO.

I wonder if you can still mod all the horrible crap in if it's an MMO.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't really see how they can possibly include all of Tamriel, I would think they would handle it like Lord of the Ring Online has with Middle Earth. You don't want a bunch of generic towns everywhere.

Xbox 360 banned along with MS Win 7

http://www.gamespot....s-judge-6374678

This is interesting...

The move will not have immediate implications, the site reports, because a US district court in Seattle, Washington, has granted Microsoft a preliminary injunction against Motorola that prevents the phone company from enacting the German order.

Apparently US courts have now jurisdiction over Europe... /sigh

actually banning the stuff in Germany is little bit over the top, but ignoring German court, because US court said so is ridiculous as well...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's irrelevant in which region they're gonna set Elder Scroll MMO, how it's gonna look, etc. Wherever and whatever. I just want a ****ing HARDCORE mmo, like they used to be before WoW started this bull**** where players died and kept their equipment, and then it became more and more teddy-bearish. I want people to be able to ****ing track you down, ambush you in an unfair fight and take everything you collected for a month, and I want you to lose a level too, which took you a week to gain.

I want you to ACTUALLY SUFFER from death. Because when there's no real suffering, there's no real joy either.

Edited by Delfosse

I want you to ACTUALLY SUFFER from death. Because when there's no real suffering, there's no real joy either.

Very true, but at least since 2004, aren't MMOs one of the last places you'll get that?

To be perfectly fair, I don't really play them, but making myself play them is too high a price to pay to speak authoritatively on the subject.

It's irrelevant in which region they're gonna set Elder Scroll MMO, how it's gonna look, etc. Wherever and whatever. I just want a ****ing HARDCORE mmo, like they used to be before WoW started this bull**** where players died and kept their equipment, and then it became more and more teddy-bearish. I want people to be able to ****ing track you down, ambush you in an unfair fight and take everything you collected for a month, and I want you to lose a level too, which took you a week to gain.

Then you should check out Darkfall, imo that is MMO you are looking for ;)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Then you should check out Darkfall, imo that is MMO you are looking for ;)

I tried that, couldn't get more than 10 fps back at the time. Should definitely try again with a new machine.

Also played Fallout Online (on a rewritten fallout 2 engine). This was really great. Endless possibilities for making a tough character, and there was always someone smarter than you with a character using unusual tactics. People got bored with it too quickly though and the servers became almost empty. Well there wasn't enough people to stumble upon in the desert and that was it for me. The game was the best I had played since early 2000s.

Edited by Delfosse

Very true, but at least since 2004, aren't MMOs one of the last places you'll get that?

LA2 was the last bulwark of morality in this sense. Koreans killed their own creation with stupid addons, but it was somewhere around 2007. My wife played it, but I completely missed it unfortunately. Got stuck in muds for too long.

Looking at the current sorry state of MMOs, I'm absolutely sure if NCSoft or Blizzards decided to open a few vanilla servers for their games, those servers would become overcrowded in less than a day. Sure, WoW was **** compared to other true mmos, but now that those old mmos are dead and WoW has become this giant teddy-bear game with rainbow lights sticking out of every character's ass, a vanilla wow would be like an oasis in this ****ty mmos world.

They would definitely make money with it, too. And they know people are begging them to make it happen. But they've refused on numerous occasions, cause doing so would be confirming their own impotence and stupidity.

Edited by Delfosse

EVE ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eve is good. Not my cup of vodka though.

Also Anarchy Online is good (even though equipment doesn't drop, the pve is okay, which is a rare thing indeed). They're making a new graphical engine cause the game just wouldn't die, people are still playing it. I hope it's good, I got high hopes for it.

Edited by Delfosse

re elder scrolls online: is this going to be like a regular game you can play online (ie buy the game, play online for free) or is this going to be one of those monthly fee games? I'm not down for monthly fee's

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Eve is good. Not my cup of vodka though.

Also Anarchy Online is good (even though equipment doesn't drop, the pve is okay, which is a rare thing indeed). They're making a new graphical engine cause the game just wouldn't die, people are still playing it. I hope it's good, I got high hopes for it.

Vanguard was a pretty decent MMO that had more of the hardcore elements. I believe it is still running today with a few servers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Company of Heroes 2 will be Stalingrad to Berlin, coming 2013.

http://www.pcgamer.c...-looks-amazing/

Now this only needs a German campaign too and I'm sold.

Well, the original had two German campaigns in the expansions, including Arnhem so I guess they'll do it eventually. There's certainly enough scope to do it. I'm interested to see the new engine too, CoH was all about platoon level combat. CoH2 is promising bigger battles, I hope they ain't too big. Although obviously I'm looking forward to rumbling up to the Brandenburg Gate in my Stalin tanks...

If you haven't played the existing Eastern Front mod, that's pretty good and the Soviet unit rosters are very well thought-out.

But CoH really shines in multiplayer, which is what many of us are pretty pumped about.

sonsofgygax.JPG