Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect Franchise

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5278 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Will just watch it on Youtube.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9244 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://masseffect.bi...t/extended_cut/

Extended cut releases on Tuesday.

Did they change what the extended cut was going to include? All I read was "cutscenes" and "cinematics" to further explain the endings. So if that's the case, and there's no actual new game play for the player, why is the file so large? Are they giving us a 30-minute movie to explain away the silliness?

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9748 posts

Did they change what the extended cut was going to include? All I read was "cutscenes" and "cinematics" to further explain the endings. So if that's the case, and there's no actual new game play for the player, why is the file so large? Are they giving us a 30-minute movie to explain away the silliness?

Most likely a number of voiced cut scenes showing how things ended in various places of the galaxy. Sort of like the old Fallout slideshows, but with higher production values ;)

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2702 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I guess this means I might try finishing my second ME3 playthrough then.. oh and some multiplayer to get that War readiness up a few percentage again...
I've kind of been ignoring it all until this was released..

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9244 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Most likely a number of voiced cut scenes showing how things ended in various places of the galaxy. Sort of like the old Fallout slideshows, but with higher production values ;)

Still seems a rather big download for just cutscenes and cinematics, no?

Maybe it'll be an hour-long presentation by Casey Hudson on why Mass Effect 3's ending is all about artistic integrity.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4542 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

You're probably right, but it does seem like a lot. They've just been talking about an "epilogue", so it could really be anything.

This has the potential to be worse than the original ending, where I could still cling to the indoctrination theory security blanket. :p

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2869 posts
Y'all are wrong, they just finished putting the whole color spectrum as an ending choice. Now you get a customized explosion of the color of your choice, same crappy ending though.

BobSmith101

BobSmith101

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts

Still seems a rather big download for just cutscenes and cinematics, no?

Maybe it'll be an hour-long presentation by Casey Hudson on why Mass Effect 3's ending is all about artistic integrity.

Cutscenes and cinematics are the things that take up the most space. Which is why they tend to get cut out of demo downloads.

Meshugger

Meshugger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5134 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6994 posts
  • Backer
That's piracy, you know! Yarr!

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2140 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.

So 1.9 gigs explaining to people how the galaxy was screwed?

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • Silver Backer
I will just watch it on Youtube.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5278 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

aries101

aries101

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 258 posts
The FAQ says that any savegame before the attack on the Cerberus Base will do.

source:

http://www.masseffec...nded_cut/#s1q04

Oblarg

Oblarg

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 878 posts
Can anyone explain to me why the only sensible option involving the Reapers (destroy) also results in the death of all synthetic life in the galaxy? I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation for that one. Did BioWare just feel that they needed to make all the choices suck equally?
  • Nepenthe likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9244 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Can anyone explain to me why the only sensible option involving the Reapers (destroy) also results in the death of all synthetic life in the galaxy? I've yet to hear a satisfactory explanation for that one. Did BioWare just feel that they needed to make all the choices suck equally?

Artistic integrity.

It's the answer to any question you may have about Mass Effect 3.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2869 posts

Artistic integrity.

This is probably the No.1 reason I don't want games to become art, eventually everyone will start disguising their inadequacies as art. Pretty much what a lot of the Fine Arts world is now.

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hmm. Any chance that this corresponds with the basic game maybe getting a little cheaper? I've been pretty effectively spoiled as to plot, but I still do want to play it at some point (with reasonable expectations).

Edited by Enoch, 24 June 2012 - 06:39 PM.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9443 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Artistic integrity.

This is probably the No.1 reason I don't want games to become art, eventually everyone will start disguising their inadequacies as art. Pretty much what a lot of the Fine Arts world is now.

There's a fine response to it. Bad art.

So 1.9 gigs explaining to people how the galaxy was screwed?

I'm fairly positive Bioware's intent is not that the galaxy is screwed. So I anticipate that it's 1.9 gigs explaining how everything we know about the universe already that implied it would be screwed is wrong. Which I just can't see happen without it being heavy handed retcons and handwaves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users