Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect Franchise

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1669 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If they have DLC plans they'd probably do any voice work for that at the same time, so they aren't necessarily all related to a redone ending.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4655 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

If they have DLC plans they'd probably do any voice work for that at the same time, so they aren't necessarily all related to a redone ending.

It would make sense, but apart from possibly DA2, they haven't done it in the past.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6061 posts
I'm still holding off finishing this game until the real ending gets released, I still don't know and probably don't want to know how it currently ends now, haha

Edited by Bokishi, 23 May 2012 - 12:15 AM.

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2176 posts
  • Backer

I'm still holding off finishing this game until the real ending gets released, I still don't know and probably don't want to know how it currently ends now, haha

If you have been playing the game only for the action and don't really care for the plot, you might even like the ending.

If you have played the earlier games and play also to see how the story ends, the ending wins the facepalm awards of the century.
  • Nepenthe likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9348 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

You're going to be holding off forever then. The current ending is the "real ending". All they're doing (unless they go completely opposite of what they've said they're doing) is expanding or adding clarification to the current ending.

Bokishi

Bokishi

Graphics Lord

• Members
  • 6061 posts
Really? Well I don't like how things are going right now, all the characters I saved in ME2 keep getting
Spoiler

Janmanden

Janmanden

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 719 posts
A different ending wouldn't make it a better game. It's already botched in so many that it would be far too much work to make ME3 right. Besides Bioware has already paid and secured all the glowing reviews so.. well.. period.

BobSmith101

BobSmith101

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts
I gave up on ME3 as "strike2" I'm getting less and less interested in Bioware games with each release after DA:O.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4568 posts
  • Backer
Another MP DLC announced, and still no actual patch in sight (unless MC can correct me). I guess it's nice that Bio is trying to keep the game interesting by adding new content, but I'd like a bit more support. The tech kind.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2991 posts

Another MP DLC announced, and still no actual patch in sight (unless MC can correct me). I guess it's nice that Bio is trying to keep the game interesting by adding new content, but I'd like a bit more support. The tech kind.

MW2 proved how MP packs keep a game going despite buggy performance, BW is only following their example.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5460 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Really? Well I don't like how things are going right now, all the characters I saved in ME2 keep getting

Spoiler

Kinda makes you wonder what was the point of ME2 overall.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7256 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I only had one character die in ME3, and I'm pretty sure it was unavoidable. It was a great moment, so no worries from me.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9348 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If Bio/EA is going to insist on pushing the MP portion of the game as being more important than SP -- as witnessed by all the DLC they've released for it, yet still can't be arsed about making sure the import bug is fixed completely or the EMS issue -- they really could add more than one game type. This "horde mode" got real boring, real fast.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5460 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I only had one character die in ME3, and I'm pretty sure it was unavoidable. It was a great moment, so no worries from me.

Was that the cheesy moment with the prayer ? Think you can avoid them all getting killed, at least.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4655 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
http://masseffect.bi...t/extended_cut/

Extended cut releases on Tuesday.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8233 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Note that it's 2 gigabytes of data that's being moved.

Oblarg

Oblarg

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 878 posts

My god, that interview is pathetic. "Left a lot to the player's imagination?" These guys honestly don't see why the ending in its original state was utterly unsatisfactory.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4655 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

My god, that interview is pathetic. "Left a lot to the player's imagination?" These guys honestly don't see why the ending in its original state was utterly unsatisfactory.

I'm pretty sure they know exactly what was wrong with the game (by now, anyway), they're just singing the tunes of those who pay their salaries. And they can't lose face among the other sports car driving, stock option carrying, hipster beard wearing "artist" developers, now can they? :p

2GB is pretty interesting, considering similar releases in the past. DA:Awakening and Lair of the Shadow Broker similarly stretched the x360 maximum download limit...

Edited by Nepenthe, 23 June 2012 - 12:36 AM.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3608 posts
meh. I'm done with this game.

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1910 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm pretty much done with the series as well. Call of Mass Duty Effect.

I never asked for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users