Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect Franchise

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

tripleRRR

tripleRRR

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 784 posts
Babylon 5 is my favorite sci-fi TV series to date. While the effects are dated the story and characters are quite amazing. It's still definitely worth watching today.
  • Jaesun likes this

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2745 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Babylon 5 is my favorite sci-fi TV series to date. While the effects are dated the story and characters are quite amazing. It's still definitely worth watching today.

Word of God is that the actors playing Londo and G'kar tossed a coin to decide who was going to be the "bad" guy ... and from a general perspective, they're both so well written with the way they evolve, it's hard to tell who you could say is "bad" or "good"...

Giantevilhead

Giantevilhead

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

That's pretty standard for a series about contact with various alien races. There would be imperialism, a VOC company, a senate and a council, xenophobia and racism, sattelite wars. culture wars, technology exchange, psionics.

How could you NOT have all those things.

You could do without the reapers since it's just a very tired shtick.

Except most popular sci-fi's don't have all those elements. Star Trek doesn't have them, neither does Star Wars, Stargate, Farscape, Andromeda, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Macross, Gundam, etc.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9813 posts
Not just the popular ones, the best ones don't either (Lexx, Firefly, Blakes 7, Space 1999 etc.)

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts
Just for irony, here's something of humor. Despite it's ending, you could actually GET to the ending of ME3 within the first day of release and it had at least a dozen (actually more like 20-30 at least) hours of gameplay to get there!

And they even had Multiplayer!

So how does Bio look now in relation to Blizzard?

(not that they really were ever competing, but it's interesting the outrage there was about ME3's ending, in relation to the Server issues for D3).

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
server issues were expected by most people, no one was prepared for how bad ME3 was going to be :)
  • tripleRRR likes this

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3848 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
And there were Asians already on Hell level the first day. Diablo was killed within hours of release.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5386 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Just for irony, here's something of humor. Despite it's ending, you could actually GET to the ending of ME3 within the first day of release and it had at least a dozen (actually more like 20-30 at least) hours of gameplay to get there!

And they even had Multiplayer!

So how does Bio look now in relation to Blizzard?

(not that they really were ever competing, but it's interesting the outrage there was about ME3's ending, in relation to the Server issues for D3).

Can't really see them as comparable though, Diablo 3 will stabilize and become playable as the issue is external to the produced game. ME3's ending is static. :p
  • GhostofAnakin likes this

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
i know people who can get through diablo 2 normal difficulty in less than an hour

i went through normal difficulty last week, i finished off act 4 after about 31 hours.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7012 posts
  • Backer

server issues were expected by most people, no one was prepared for how bad ME3 was going to be :)

After Sovereign's "You're too stupid to understand our motives" speech, I did. And if you search long enough on this forum, you may even find the post I stated this too. :p

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9313 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Can't really see them as comparable though, Diablo 3 will stabilize and become playable as the issue is external to the produced game. ME3's ending is static. :p

This.

At least D3 can fix the major issues plaguing its release (ie. server issues, bugs, etc.). We're almost 3 months since ME3's release, and the ending still sucks donkey nuts.

Edited by GhostofAnakin, 16 May 2012 - 09:34 AM.

• tripleRRR likes this

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4568 posts
  • Backer

This.

At least D3 can fix the major issues plaguing its release (ie. server issues, bugs, etc.). We're almost 3 months since ME3's release, and the ending still sucks donkey nuts.

And the multiplayer problems haven't been addressed either. Poorly designed and unreliable store, ridiculous connectivity issues, mad lag, glitchy gameplay, etc. Most of those are in the game since day 1, and EA has done bugger all about it. Seriously, if anyone is still undecided, they should avoid this **** like the plague.

It's hard to imagine that Blizz will handle problems worse than EA has.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 16272 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"We're almost 3 months since ME3's release, and the ending still sucks donkey nuts. "

3 months later, ME3's ending is till better than most games including many other BIO game endings that don't get nearly the same flack. It's just cool to bash BIO noadays... yet still go out and buy/play their games. L0LZ
  • Jaesun likes this

zero_or_more

zero_or_more

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

After Sovereign's "You're too stupid to understand our motives" speech, I did. And if you search long enough on this forum, you may even find the post I stated this too. :p

As it turns out it should have been more like: 'Our motives are too stupid to understand.' :)

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2951 posts

As it turns out it should have been more like: 'Our motives are too stupid to understand.' :)

The worst part of it is when I actually get into arguments with actual intelligent people I know IRL, that are defending the ending because they "perceive" the meaning. What I hear its "I'm using my own brain to make sense of this cluster****"

Can we put the Reapers on the Chaotic Stupid category?

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9313 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

"We're almost 3 months since ME3's release, and the ending still sucks donkey nuts. "

3 months later, ME3's ending is till better than most games including many other BIO game endings that don't get nearly the same flack. It's just cool to bash BIO noadays... yet still go out and buy/play their games. L0LZ

Roofles.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1500 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

I haven't complained, but then I haven't bought a Bio game since KoTOR.

EDIT: To clarify, no, I didn't pirate them either.

Edited by TrueNeutral, 20 May 2012 - 08:49 AM.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7034 posts
So, guys... what happened to that "true ending" DLC?

Slinky

Slinky

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2176 posts
  • Backer

Coming later this year it seems.

“I just did another session with them.They were saying there’s a little bit of a problem with the abruptness of the ending, Hendriksen said."
Mass Effect 3 voice actors confirm new dialogue for Extended Cut

Abruptness, heh. Too little too late.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4625 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Coming later this year it seems.

“I just did another session with them.They were saying there’s a little bit of a problem with the abruptness of the ending, Hendriksen said."
Mass Effect 3 voice actors confirm new dialogue for Extended Cut

Abruptness, heh. Too little too late.

I dunno, it looks like they're at least doing it seriously, if they're rolling everybody out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users