What other classic games would you like to see Kickstarter Revival for?

Oerwinde

As long as it's done by Bioware.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh and a sequel to the Emperor of the Fading Suns 4x game. It wasn't a good game, but I love the universe and its really suited to 4x gameplay.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Dark Heresy RPG :p

I'd definitely chip in for that, as well.

I'd rather see Rogue Trader. It seems more open.

But that's one of the things that could never get a Kickstarter. Unless GW crashes sometime in the foreseeable future.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Love to see a Master of Magic sequel as well.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

A real Jagged Alliance game.

That would be support worthy too :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I would like to see a Master of Magic that is mostly just a face lift supporting higher resolutions, because it's pretty much already a masterpiece as it is.

And maybe Donkey Kong as a third-person 3D game with a key that works as both sprint, roll, cover and jump.. And sometimes you roll instead of jumping or try to cover and get stuck on a boulder and is squashed to Reaper paste, because you hit the do-all-key too late.. And some boulders can be romanced, but it's usually short and painful and with a lot blackouts.. naturally.

(Signatures: disabled) 

I'd rather set up my own, it's right around the corner! :p

But... uh... first I still need to find a 2D animator/artist willing to work on pygame/SDL tech demos with me. :)

Anyway I'm happy with the Firaxis XCOM 'remake', but an Alpha Centauri title would be nice. In the end I agree with WUE though, let kickstarter be a home for underground indie development, not just a publisher rejected projects central.

I would like to see a Master of Magic that is mostly just a face lift supporting higher resolutions, because it's pretty much already a masterpiece as it is.

Thats pretty much what I'd like. Maybe add some more tile improvements, add some more differences between the two planes, maybe add some quests or things to do with your actual wizard character, more diplomacy options. Overall though, just make it pretty to look at.

I'd also throw my hat in for a Star Control sequel and parrot the requests for Alpha Centauri. I'd also Like to see an Evil Genius sequel (Dungeon Keeper clone with a James Bond supervillain theme). I actually preferred EG to Dungeon Keeper.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Yeah, Dungeon Keeper is doing it for me.

:)

Also, in the vein of Might and Might 6 or 7...with graphic improvements, but yet are old skool, like they did with Grimrock. I don't want another Skyrim.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'd like a mix between the strong naration of Vampire Bloodlines and the timescale of Vampire Redemption. I would love a vampire game that have different chapters in different eras (middle age, renaissance, revolutions age, modern age, ...)

• Like 1

Given the kind of budget Arcanum was on, a sequel is easily within kickstarter's remit.

Other than that and an Avellone/Obsidian project, well...

I'd like to see something along the lines of a Privateer or Freelancer sequel/remake/"spiritual successor". I love the X games, have over 300 hours in X3:R and over 400 in X3:TC, but Privateer and Freelancer just feel different. In X, you really need a fleet and trade empire as you keep going. It'd be nice to have something smaller scale, you and your one ship, and with a decent story, which X never did all that well.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Tie Fighter

Homeworld

this is more of a remake, but Xenogears (so that the second disk actually has a more open feel to it and so much crap doesn't get cut).

Myth

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Wing Commander: Prophecy 2

Anachronox 2

Privateer 3

Final Fantasy IX-2

Planescape: Torment 2

Icewind Dale 2 in 2nd Edition AD&D with all the kits included, which were announced before changing the game into 3rd Ed.

EDIT: Oh my oh my, how could I forgot...

remake of Black Crypt is everything I dreamed about, after I found out info about this game, and that it was reelased only on Amigas :(

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Arcanum.

never liked the first game, but some of its parts had fascinated me. would love to play an upgraded version (preferably on ToEE's engine)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

this is more of a remake, but Xenogears (so that the second disk actually has a more open feel to it and so much crap doesn't get cut).

This. First disc rivals Suikoden II as the best JRPG, 2nd disc was what, 15 hours of cutscenes?

Devastatorsig.jpg

Wizardry

This, if they fixed the dreadful combat from the last one.

I'd also like a revival of SSI's Phantasie series (or something along those lines).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For some reason I always associate Phantasie with Mike Oldfield. Probably because that was what was playing on my cd player in the background during that epic last battle against Nikademus.

I seem to remember something about a spell that could summon an old ally to your aid too. Maybe my memory is just playing tricks on me. It's been a few years since that game was new.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Its been too long since I played it full through as well.

But fond memories and all of that (well except the memory of my brother loaning the game to a friend of his who promptly overwrote my game with his save).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man