Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shadowrun Returns

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
549 replies to this topic

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1910 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
It's hilarious in that the SNES and Genisis version of Shadowrun between fans is like the eternal fight of which Final Fantasy game is better......

I never played either, I only played the PnP game with an OK DM and some very good players who knew the lore/setting/rules.

Best. Damn. Time. Of. My. Life. <3

Jaesun

Jaesun

• Members
  • 1910 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
http://www.kickstart...25?ref=activity

3rd update

- NO MULTIPLAYER
- Setting: Seattle (YEEEEEEAAAAH)
- XCom like
- German, French Spanish
- Riggers will be in game

To name a few.

They want to focus on great single Single Player, deep story.

For the 1,000,000 mark

- Kick Ass Music
- Better Editor
- Another major city (funders can vote one)

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7012 posts
  • Backer
\o/

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

http://www.kickstart...25?ref=activity

3rd update

- NO MULTIPLAYER
- Setting: Seattle (YEEEEEEAAAAH)
- XCom like
- German, French Spanish
- Riggers will be in game

To name a few.

They want to focus on great single Single Player, deep story.

For the 1,000,000 mark

- Kick Ass Music
- Better Editor
- Another major city (funders can vote one)

I'm gonna buy that one, that is, if it ever comes out.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2229 posts
  • Silver Backer

\o/

QFT

and Jaesun lol of course it was going to be Seattle. :D

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7012 posts
  • Backer
Do they have a forum yet? Haven't found it if they do. I want to suggest Alexander Brandon for the OST. Deep down, you all know It's the right choice!

Majek

Majek

• Members
  • 2229 posts
  • Silver Backer
If you're a backer you can comment on the kickstarter page. Maybe they'll read it. :D

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I want to suggest Alexander Brandon for the OST. Deep down, you all know It's the right choice!

It is. Suggest away.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7012 posts
  • Backer

I want to suggest Alexander Brandon for the OST. Deep down, you all know It's the right choice!

It is. Suggest away.

So I did. Should've edit it a bit to not be a concentrated wall of text, but it's too late now. >.>

Majek

Majek

• Members
  • 2229 posts
  • Silver Backer
Yeah it's annoying that you can't edit.

TheHarlequin

TheHarlequin

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 525 posts

If Obsidian could just do one game in this setting, It would be the best Obsidian (and Shadowrun) game EVAR. That'e never going to happen though. If only I had trillions of dollars.

Welcome to the bandwagon. I have been saying this on this forum for YEARS. Obsidian should look into lic the SR property and making a kickass CRPG. But now the founder of SR made the plunge, so too little to late at this point. Considering the finicial position of Obsidian and how poor it currently looks you'd think they would jump on one of the best selling and well known RPG franchises after D&D and V:tM.

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 971 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm not sure about the 4 realities thing as I think there should just be the real world, astral plane and the matrix. I hope they clarify if there will be a separate matrix and the like in a future update

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 971 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
They just added a new deluxe boxed edition at the $125 level

Posted Image

It amazes me how I complained about $150 bucks for SW:TOR and how readily I dropped even more on this game with even less of an idea on how it's going to play

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9565 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
USB Dog Tag. That is the most beautiful feelie I have seen in years.

Auxilius

Auxilius

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Since everyone is talking of Shadowrun recently, I tried to give a go to the SNes game, especially since they mentioned its hero in the last kickstarter video.
After one hour spent on the game, I know have one tiny question that spawned in my mind:

WHAT THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?

Seriously, that's terrible. I find matches and a paper mentioning a warehouse and a club named Wastelands (Coincidence). I get out of the morgue, some guy tell me I'm done for and run away. I follow him, he get killed, I get his gun, kill the assaillant, encounter a cryptic cyber-dog and then, nothing else to do. I'm supposed to bring him objects. What objects? Why can't I explore because everyone is trying to kill me? Why is there no warehouse nor Wastelands club anywhere? Why is there no objective? Why do I want to channel the AVGN?

I'm all for complex games but there is a line to NOT cross between complexity and vagueness. i sure hope that new game won't do that.

Jaesun

Jaesun

• Members
  • 1910 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
SHINY.... SHINY.... USB.... Shadowrun...... Dogtags..... must...... resist.....

Oh screw it. Upped my pledge.

Hopefully there will be a sale on Tap Ramen so I can eat that for a month.... :/
  • ShadySands likes this

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5622 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Latest goal is a new backers-only mission if they reach $1.5 millies which will tie up with the SNES and Genesis games. Backers don't seem to like the idea that they'll be the only ones to get it, though, so they might just change their mind on that.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9816 posts
I am tempted. Never played Shadowrun, but if it's anything like a Bladerunner type game, I might just brandish my CC at the oblivion threatening good games and yell 'Charge!'

Jaesun

Jaesun

• Members
  • 1910 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I am tempted. Never played Shadowrun, but if it's anything like a Bladerunner type game, I might just brandish my CC at the oblivion threatening good games and yell 'Charge!'

Get a copy of the rule set and read. It is utterly..... insane and so fantastic at the same time. It's brilliant.

Aedelric

Aedelric

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 473 posts

Latest goal is a new backers-only mission if they reach $1.5 millies which will tie up with the SNES and Genesis games. Backers don't seem to like the idea that they'll be the only ones to get it, though, so they might just change their mind on that.

Not surprising at all that backers are not keen on the idea. Exclusive content, day one DLC's and other such withheld or cut content is the major reason people are fed up with `Big Ass Games´ companies. Harebrained Schemes sentiments are right, they want to show appreciation to their Kickstarters, but their approach is wrong and not quite thought out. I do hope they are as open and in touch with their base as InXile with Wasteland.

Personally I did not back Shadowrun, I do think it a good game, but I spent enough money this month (Guild Wars 2, Wasteland 2, Legends of Grimrock) and I was going to buy Shadowrun on release as my means of support, now I am not so sure as it feels I would not be getting a complete game.

Edited by Aedelric, 14 April 2012 - 09:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users