Shadowrun Returns

Hadn't seen anyone mention this recent news of the kickstarter for a Shadowrun sequel located here

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns

I realize with all the recent news of kickstarters beginning which might end up causing kickstarter fatigue, I for one, am excited for this one as well and wanted to see if anyone else was that frequented these forums.

• Like 3

I'd never even heard of Kickstarter until this Wasteland thing. I am so not with it. :lol: It's been interesting to see the photography/film projects on that site, too.

As to the game...yet another one I've never heard of/played, probably because I'm not that into shooters. Did it really only work on Vista originally?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Look at the video they posted what they think about that FPS game. xDD Anyway they've got my pledge too. And they've already reached the goal so they better deliver what they promised.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Oh, so I was looking at the completely wrong wiki page/game title then... well, doh. :blush:

...still never heard of it, tho. But if it's a rpg then it has potential. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

As to the game...yet another one I've never heard of/played, probably because I'm not that into shooters. Did it really only work on Vista originally?

Actually I meant Shadowrun Online.

Shadowrun Online is a 3D in-browser, mission based MMO with an emphasis on co-op and PvP gameplay being developed by Cliffhanger Productions and scheduled for release in mid-2013. The game is set in the 2070 era of Shadowrun and will pick up on some of the plotlines and characters in our game, Shadowrun Returns, which is set in 2050.

Genesis and SNES Shadowrun games were fantastic (Genesis being the best IMO)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

^I cant remember which one of those I played back in the day I just remember getting stuck in some nightclub. Years later I read that you were supposed to use a flash on a vampire (?) to stun him to be able to advance the plot. Or something like that, I may have made that all up in my head.

I dont donate but this is a day one buy for me once its launched.

It's be cool if they can get the release date of December 21st this year.

I'm not sold on this Kickstarter thing being ideal though, it's one thing to fund a very proven team, but what have these guys done to this point?

^I cant remember which one of those I played back in the day I just remember getting stuck in some nightclub. Years later I read that you were supposed to use a flash on a vampire (?) to stun him to be able to advance the plot. Or something like that, I may have made that all up in my head.

I dont donate but this is a day one buy for me once its launched.

That was the SNES version and I remember getting stuck there too.

Also, it's probably better to think of it as a pre-order than a donation since you get something back for anything over 15 bucks. Who knows, maybe if they can get enough they will bring in an Obsidian dev too :p

Free games updated 3/4/21

Here's hoping it is like the Sega Genesis game.

MAN was that one extremely addictive.

Mass Effect 3: "Life sucks, then you die."

Alpha Protocol: "Life sucks, then you change that."

It's hilarious in that the SNES and Genisis version of Shadowrun between fans is like the eternal fight of which Final Fantasy game is better......

I never played either, I only played the PnP game with an OK DM and some very good players who knew the lore/setting/rules.

Best. Damn. Time. Of. My. Life. <3

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1613260297/shadowrun-returns/posts/202725?ref=activity

3rd update

- NO MULTIPLAYER

- Setting: Seattle (YEEEEEEAAAAH)

- XCom like

- German, French Spanish

- Riggers will be in game

To name a few.

They want to focus on great single Single Player, deep story.

For the 1,000,000 mark

- Kick Ass Music

- Better Editor

- Another major city (funders can vote one)

http://www.kickstart...25?ref=activity

3rd update

- NO MULTIPLAYER

- Setting: Seattle (YEEEEEEAAAAH)

- XCom like

- German, French Spanish

- Riggers will be in game

To name a few.

They want to focus on great single Single Player, deep story.

For the 1,000,000 mark

- Kick Ass Music

- Better Editor

- Another major city (funders can vote one)

I'm gonna buy that one, that is, if it ever comes out.