As expected and yet surprisingly well done

Aye, the DLC is well worth the full price. It's not your BioWare DLC with 30mins of gameplay (yes I'm looking at you Dragon Age). I think it took me and Bendu about 8 hours to finish on Hardcore. The last boss itself (I think) took at least 1 hour, maybe even more.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Well, yeah, but who's your first favorite? <.< Seriously, I'm hoping eventually to get a shot at all of them. I always play the mage first.

Reinhart

Let me get back to sleeping. I'm tired...

I finished up Stonebridge, it was quite enjoyable all the way through. Reinhart is a pretty powerful guy, I don't know if I accidentally power built him, but he never lost any health save for the final boss fight. Not even those electrical robots could hurt him.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I finished up Stonebridge, it was quite enjoyable all the way through. Reinhart is a pretty powerful guy, I don't know if I accidentally power built him, but he never lost any health save for the final boss fight. Not even those electrical robots could hurt him.

What kind of build did you use for him? Because he tended to be the weakest of my characters.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

My Reinhart was a glass cannon. But it was so damn fun playing as him, because his attacks are insane when he also starts critting enemies frequently.

Reinhart and Katarina were my favorite characters to play as. Anjali was fun, but I didn't enjoy playing as Lucas.

Finished the game. The entire ending section kinda ruined it for me. If the game had ended at the Spire, I would've been perfectly happy, but the way things turned out with Kassynder infuriated me. As if having to endure her self-righteous prattling (in a snotty British high-born voice, to boot), the most annoying battle taunts ever and her running away 30 times weren't enough, somehow the game needed to end with a boring combat slog followed by a gimmicky bossfight. I turned the difficulty to easy to get it over with quickly.

I don't know how anyone would expect the player to leave that bitch alive after all the crap she pulled at the end.

Edited by virumor

I don't know how anyone would expect the player to leave that bitch alive after all the crap she pulled at the end.

Considering I was a major reason she pulled that crap in the first place. Had no problem with leaving her alive.

So, no. Didn't have any problems leaving her alive. Still, have a "worse" impression of the legion (especially Odo) than I have of Kassynder even after the end. And its not like any of the real puppet masters behind the whole thing have appeared so far (except maybe Azunai).

Edited by C2B

I replayed it and even when I made the choice 'true to the Legion' (handing her over to the Queen), she was still murdered. Any place where I can watch all endings? Exile seems like a very bad idea.

I think what bothers me the most is that I never found any great loot for Katarina that truly complemented my playstyle. Even the unique items available for purchase at the very end were virtually useless.

I think the choice 'true to the Legion' is to leave her alive and ask for her help in rebuilding Ehb. I think that value is in the 'pillars' of the Legion in Stonebridge. And yeah,

she dies in two endings, is jailed in one, becomes an ally (and a subject of assassination's attempts) in one and leaves forever with her maidens in another.

"Mercy in victory" and "loyalty to the Crown" are two of the pillars, so if you had promised the Queen to leave her alive it's logical to hand her over (there's the fact Jeyne would likely make a very good queen herself, so at the very least she'd be an excellent advisor to the Queen). Having Jeyne work for the Legion seems cruel considering how much she hates them for having killed her father.

My decision to kill her wasn't really very true to my previous decisions in the game, but the final part of the game just pissed me off.

Edited by virumor

Having Jeyne work for the Legion seems cruel considering how much she hates them for having killed her father.

Not necessarlly. It can be benefitial with both sides realizing that they are different from how it used to be. Keeping them apart just strengthens the anger and hate between legionaires/those loyal to them and Jeyne/archons.

That atleast was my reasoning for working together.

The toughest fight in the game should be the gargoyle fight in the DLC temple area. Did anyone have trouble with him?

Is that the one in the sorta sideroom? If so, yes... But I did beat him on Hardcore though after a few tries. It's lucky that he seems to have fairly low hit-points since he hits like a truck and it's a fight in an enclosed area. Mirror Image coupled with Geometry of Annihilation as Reinhart worked well if I remember correctly.

I still found the final boss of the DLC to be the hardest though (still haven't beat it on Hardcore). A lot of it because it's a real endurance fight with not a lot of room for mistakes, sorta similar to one of the first Jeyne fights (the one which everyone complaints about). I liked the DLC fight better though in the sense that I found it easier with the overview of things, it's bone-hard but you can most often tell what kills you. In the Jeyne fight, there can be so much going on that I just lose visual track of what the hell is happening at times.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The toughest fight in the game should be the gargoyle fight in the DLC temple area. Did anyone have trouble with him?

I really have to get on with playing the DLC.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think we wiped on it multiple times with Bendu, though after a while we just went all-out on it and killed it pretty fast (gotta love Katarina). We had way more wipes on last boss.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I have to admit that the Daeva Statue was tougher, but I did have to get the hang of the gargoyle statue fight. He was a boss, for sure. To be candid, I had been drinking the night before when I made my failed attempts to do the Daeva Statue and so I tried the gargoyle a few time. The next day, I did the gargoyle statue after a few attempts and used tactics I used on the gargoyle statue to finish off the Daeva statue in one attempt. The fights in the DLC were of the variety where there is a certain tactic that made the fight easier. For example, I simply avoided damage much more in the gargoyle fight. In the Daeva fight, I summoned my mirror image guy to pummel her while I did my best to build up orbs to use for burst damage. Sadly, I have also been drinking tonight and I'm afraid I'm not being as coherant as I would like.

Anyhow, to you and Alvin, it was a great game. You all did a splendid job. That ain't just the marsala talkin'.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!