Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mass Effect 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
565 replies to this topic

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4365 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image
**** this ****

Edited by Nepenthe, 25 March 2012 - 06:04 AM.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3455 posts
This is what happens when you assembly line creativity.

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija
Really pissed that you HAVE to play multi-player in order to get the 8000 war assets for the "best" earth ending stuff. Thanks BioWare.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4365 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Really pissed that you HAVE to play multi-player in order to get the 8000 war assets for the "best" earth ending stuff. Thanks BioWare.

... The last I heard you needed 4000 or 5000 for the best, so you have either new or wrong info.

Edited by Nepenthe, 25 March 2012 - 06:28 AM.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3455 posts
Best you can do withtout multiplayer is 3500. Thereabouts. Assets only count for half without it.

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1905 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija

... The last I heard you needed 4000 or 5000 for the best, so you have either new or wrong info.

You need 8000 Total Military Strength, which equals 4000 Effective Military Strength for Earth to not take as much damage. Even importing a save from ME/ME2 and searching all planets and systems and getting all the Citadel assets, I am only at 7169 Total Military Strength. Granted A few decisions at the Specter Terminal do effect Total Military Strength, but that's only around 8 or 9 points less.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 6994 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I went on youtube and I didn't see any endings better than the one I got at about 3400 assets.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
"Nothing was more heartbreaking than the moment when Dragon Age 2, which was not yet in alpha status, was shipped out the door"

Hmmmm.....

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5552 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Lol at the "leak".

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2623 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Okay, random question, they say that the amount of minerals and such you had in ME2 has varying amounts of War Assets.
I've only seen them provide 25 War Assets, what sort of amounts do you need to get the 100 War Assets the ME Wiki says you can get??

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4365 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Lol at the "leak".

You mean the last Reaper isn't going to be called "murmur"? :)

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5552 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Lol at the "leak".

You mean the last Reaper isn't going to be called "murmur"? :)

I talked with Ray Muzyka just now. He told me the last Reaper is called "Fonz" and will play the Happy Days theme every time he appears. Take it with a grain of salt though, he laughed after saying that and I woke up pretty sweaty.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Given the weird names for their roles, the last one will be called 'Protos'

Cycloneman

Cycloneman

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

*grumbles something about a liara-shepard baby having been entirely possible and having an effect on the game where you pick between your kid and lover, and members of your crew*

No way, Shepard ain't no chump. An asari baby is a fool's choice. Okay, guys, let's compare two options: adopting a human child, or having an asari baby with Liara.

Human Child:
Pros:
- won't take a century to reach adulthood, and in fact will probably be capable of supporting you before they've lived half a century.
- might be a boy
- allows you to avoid the "whine and crap" phase of a baby's life if you adopt later.
- will probably not ever be a one hundred year old virgin
- when they become an adult, they will probably not run out and start stripping their way across the galaxy, shaming the Shepard family name
Cons:
- won't be your biological child

Asari Baby:
Pros:
- if you don't think about it at all, you can pretend like it's your biological child.
Cons:
- it isn't.

Edited by Cycloneman, 25 March 2012 - 08:01 AM.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3455 posts
the worst thing about the leak thing is that there appears to be plans for a DA3. Can't they just let crappy things die and try something else.

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts

After the exclusive conversation I think she still ends up pointing a gun at you, so that didn't strike me as a perfect relationship.

Man, you've only had dull relationships then.

Suddenly, when talking about relationships where someone is pointing guns and maybe even shooting the other person and calling anything else dull...makes me certainly glad I've only had "dull" relationships.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9377 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If you don't end up with a new scar during the first date, then how can you be sure you ever left home?
  • Nepenthe likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9119 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
If that Shepard is not really Shepard and "Mass Shift" part takes place, then that's even worse than the mysterious ending they have now. Seriously, who writes this stuff? Did they run out of ideas and just ask one of their children to come up with an idea for a cool story?

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9377 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
It's just a 4chan fan idea.

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts

If that Shepard is not really Shepard and "Mass Shift" part takes place, then that's even worse than the mysterious ending they have now. Seriously, who writes this stuff? Did they run out of ideas and just ask one of their children to come up with an idea for a cool story?

That leaker says too much. If he's real...it's a good thing he's gone already...or he'd be canned. Wonder what legal options there are for suing his arse.

If he's fake, then it will be known VERY quickly...well at least within a month.

However, I'd get the DLC. In a moment. It does clarify somewhat and give closure. It also means BW didn't ship a full game with a true ending.

Doubt I'd get the next ME game based simply on that...unless it got STELLAR RAVE FAN reviews. Forget the pro reviews...they do nothing for me.

Perhaps that's why they may not call it Mass Effect #

Edited by greylord, 25 March 2012 - 09:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users