Future of the Dragon Age franchise

MrBrown

Basically eventually he'll come up front and you simply say...Not interested. Don't pursue it. I'm not that type of person. And his heartbreaks or whatever.

However after that, he keeps hitting on you like suggesting you go behind a wall and do it...which is just wierd. Or making sexual innuendos about both of you and him.

LOL dude, Anders never said that stuff to me. I think he's got eyes just for you. ;)

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Basically eventually he'll come up front and you simply say...Not interested. Don't pursue it. I'm not that type of person. And his heartbreaks or whatever.

However after that, he keeps hitting on you like suggesting you go behind a wall and do it...which is just wierd. Or making sexual innuendos about both of you and him.

LOL dude, Anders never said that stuff to me. I think he's got eyes just for you. ;)

Yeah...stinks to be me. I should have killed him when I could. That's my problem probably, I'm too nice to the characters overall.

I should play DA2 once again, but this time with the sole eye to getting as many of the characters killed as possible.

• Like 1

I enjoyed DA2 overall. I played through twice once as a warrior and the other time as a archer rogue.

I agree with complaints concerning repeating areas, non-changing city and a non-reactive world. It made the game world pretty lifeless and did little to invest the player in it. I thought NPCs were ok, but I liked DA1 characters more. I found most of them annoying except for Aveline and Varric.

I enjoyed combat overall. I played on nightmare for the friendly fire and it does keep you on your toes, forcing you to create good cross-class combos. I wish they would get rid of the HP bloat in harder difficulties and just give enemies deadlier attacks, the same ones your party uses. I can understand having to hit dragons and demons many many times to kill them, but humans and humanoids shouldn't take hundreds of strikes to take down. The act 2 boss battle was horrible on nightmare.

I do wish Bioware would go with a less restrictive system though. I wanted my warrior to use bows as well as words and I love to play rogues with a short sword and buckler. If they made it so that your character can choose what skill trees they want from all classes (excluding the mage tree for lore reasons, unless you're a mage) I would enjoy that far more.

Guest Slinky

DA2 > ME1 > DA:O > ME3 > ME2

Funny, my list of ultimate galactic truth is exactly the opposite.

Virumor is the anti DD :bat:

I have neither purchased nor played any bio games since DA:O. I never bought any of the ME games at all. That's not on principle, though. I haven't had as much time to play for some time and so I've been a little more selective. I think Bio has focused on gameplay aspects I don't like as much lately, but I still follow them and I might pick up some of these titles off STEAM if they're part of a special offer. I truly enjoyed DA:O on the first run, but I tried to replay with the free DLC and, while it started out pretty well, it just wasn't all that. After that, I just kept hearing bad stuff about the latest titles, from ME3 to DA:2.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

For what I've seen and read so far, DA3 will be a more polished and bigger/richer/epic version of DA2 in most ways with DA:O's flavour C&C put in the mixture. So, if you hated the concept of DA2 and not just the execution then DA3 is not the game you should be looking for and there's not a lot of reason to complain about it. Just don't buy it.

Let's give for granted all the usual complains about DA2 and its mediocre execution. The game was rushed and for sure I won't buy the sequel at release if DA3 is rushed too.

Personally, I believe that after DA2 the setting is going in a more interesting and "original" direction with the Mage/Templar/Qunari civil wars as a background. At least, more interesting than yet another Blight or Hawke's adventure in Kirkwall. Must say that act. 2 in DA2 was actually quite interesting and fresh, storywise. If DA2 had just been a bigger version of that part of the game, with a little bit of branching and less heavy handed questing in the same environments, it would have been quite a better game, if short.

Gameplay wise, I don't know what to expect honestly. Imho, DA2 suffered from a lack of vision. They wanted to mix two different styles (action and tactical) and the end result is mediocre any way you look at it. The nearly complete removal of most non combat gameplay impoverished the game. If they just try to polish DA2 gameplay, I'm not sure that it's going to work that well. If they return to DA:O's gameplay and just try to improve it, there are more chances that the game will be well received.

Edited by meomao

"DA2 > ME1 > DA:O > ME3 > ME2"

DA2 = ME2 = DA1 > ME1 > ME3

half-rotten apple > DAO > horribly stinking garbage > sewers with human waste > a pile of men bathing in it and sexually gratifying each other > ME1-2-3 & DA2

Edited by Delfosse

ME2 > DA:O > DA2 = ME1 > ME3

act 2 of DA2 was actually pretty good, act 1 was ok, and act 3 was bad. imo the biggest problems with DA2 were not really about the story, and were more in the actual design of the game itself. it was like they made a story and a combat system, and then realized they hadn't made the actual game world yet and then hastily threw together a couple of dungeon maps and had everything run through them over and over again.

edit: the only one of the above names games that I think is legitimately "great" is ME2, the others are "good" at best

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well, since everyone else is getting into it....

BG2 > ME2 > KoToR > IWD > KoTOR 2 > BG > DA:O > ME1 > AP > Jade Empire > ME 3 > NWN (Campaign) (MP or D/l'd Modules was better then all of these combined!!!) > DS III > DA2 > Sonic RPG > FFXIII

:w00t:

Had to go a little overboard since everyone is on the hit list of doing this...

PS: My opinion on the above list will change by tomorrow most likely, probably have AP move up or down along with DSIII move up or down the list...and maybe DA:O move up or down the list along with ME1.

BG2, ME2, and FFXIII are pretty solid in their locations though.

Edited by greylord

Apparently, DA3 will take place in Orlais. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand all the french accents, they annoying enough in MotA.

This was pretty much hinted at in DA2 with Sandal going there.

As for the accents, you mean an entire city of people singing like Leliana isn't something you look forward to?!

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Apparently, DA3 will take place in Orlais. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stand all the french accents, they annoying enough in MotA.

This was pretty much hinted at in DA2 with Sandal going there.

As for the accents, you mean an entire city of people singing like Leliana isn't something you look forward to?!

Only if they all talk about their fruits not being forbidden.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hmmm... am still incredibly uninterested in the DA franchise at the moment. Am not sure whether that can change, either: the speed with which I went from raving fanboi to a "meh" so complete that I still haven't picked up DA2 and doubt that I ever will still baffles me. It's like Bioware PR has discovered the perfect, most efficient way to repel me as a customer. Never before have I experienced such a profound about-face of interest between one game and its sequel. Is quite amusing, really.

Well, maybe not so much for someone looking to sell their product, but on a personal basis I think it's pretty interesting.

Not being a particular fan of French accents, I doubt DA3 will be the game to change my mind on that score, but... never say never, and all that rot. If the early review are enough to crack through my current wall of apathy, I might yet check the game out.

Really basic level nuissances in the gameplay as I'm noticing now, replaying DA2. You can't switch between a ranged and a melee weapon. Why ?. They came up with 4 different damage state effects which are basically the same, stunned, staggered, shaken, stirred... so you would have to chose a member from each class in your party to take maximum advantage of cross class combos. Just really bad design decisions.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

DA3 set in Orlais; brace yourselves for the hordes of evil rapist Chevaliers. :aiee:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

In my aborted playthroughs of DAO (had no motivation to ever finish it), all the game did was make me loathe the nation of Ferelden and I'd like nothing better to raze it to the ground. Moving to any other locale, whether previously defined or not, would be therefore a guaranteed improvement. Not like dodgy French accents are any worse than dodgy ****ney accents - or German or Russian or Kiwi accents, whichever they choose to employ. Soft-reboot the series essentially, the setting is, at the moment, worth negative currency in my book and if it succeeds it will be despite it being a Dragon Age game, not because of it.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G