Future of the Dragon Age franchise

MrBrown

Guest Slinky

Just remember if the indoctrination theory proves to be right (as I personally believe), the really crappy ending will turn in to one of the best endings ever in record time.

Though even if that happens, I'm not going to be all that happy if the real ending dlc has to be bought.

There is nothing good about indoctrination theory. It is still a terrible ending. Probably worse, because it's not an ending at all. It's just "rocks fall, everyone dies" outside the boss room. Except maybe you survive the rocks and it fades to black.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest Slinky

There is nothing good about indoctrination theory. It is still a terrible ending. Probably worse, because it's not an ending at all.

I get that, would have been much better if the game wouldn't have "ended" there.

It's just "rocks fall, everyone dies" outside the boss room. Except maybe you survive the rocks and it fades to black.

I don't get that, what rocks? Who dies? Huh wat?

There is nothing good about indoctrination theory. It is still a terrible ending. Probably worse, because it's not an ending at all.

I get that, would have been much better if the game wouldn't have "ended" there.

It's just "rocks fall, everyone dies" outside the boss room. Except maybe you survive the rocks and it fades to black.

I don't get that, what rocks? Who dies? Huh wat?

Indoctrination theory posits that Shepard dies and humanity loses in two of three endings. And is surrounded by rubble (rocks) in the third. The squadmates that went to the beam are definitely dead.

If you're unfamiliar with the concept of "rocks fall, everyone dies" that's another thing.

http://tvtropes.org/...allEveryoneDies

This is what happens in role playing games when the game master gets utterly fed up with the players: he kills them all spectacularly.

Regardless of the cause, if the GM goes as far as Rocks Fall Everyone Dies, the campaign has failed on a grand scale.

This is often considered a bad thing.

Guest Slinky

Indoctrination theory posits that Shepard dies in two of three endings. And is surrounded by rubble (rocks) in the third).

No, shepard gets fully indoctronated in 2/3 endings. In the destroy ending he doesn't, he manages to resist it. And then wakes up where he was when (apparently harbinger) tried to indoctrinate him, at london by the shot up street.

And there is isn't any proof that the squad members shepard had with him died, while that sure is a possibility. I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Edited by Slinky

Which is a terrible ending. Far from "one of the best endings ever."

That'd be clever on their part. But fooling their customers that way won't go down very well, I wonder if all the leads to this are just proof of them planning this but then axing at the end due to some reason. So how does the Normandy and Stargazer bit fit into things with this theory?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Guest Slinky

Which is a terrible ending. Far from "one of the best endings ever."

Heh, I personally find it awesome that the game also "indoctrinated" the player. You have to agree that is not something you often see in a game where things are far from what they look like. (If the theory proves right of course)

That'd be clever on their part. But fooling their customers that way won't go down very well, I wonder if all the leads to this are just proof of them planning this but then axing at the end due to some reason. So how does the Normandy and Stargazer bit fit into things with this theory?

Yeah I've been wondering too if they just axed it out from the final product just to sell lots of DLC. NOT NICE if that's the case. No idea what's with the normandy scene, the stargazer is probably just some continues in the next episode type thing,,

Heh, I personally find it awesome that the game also "indoctrinated" the player.

Making me think the ending to the game is terrible is not "indoctrinating" me.

This is no more mind control than locking someone in a room with three doors that all lead to a punch to the throat is a clever prank. But hey, one of the three doors also has losenge.

The correct answer to any such game is not door number 1. It is to not play.

Guest Slinky

I sense bitterness around here somewhere :p

Edit: Just remember, if this thing happens to be true, the ending of ME3 is just the ending for that game, not the trilogy nor the story. Now I try not to talk about it anymore, going to see bio's next move.

Edited by Slinky

Hm, if it's a trilogy how can the third game's ending not be an ending to the trilogy ? :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I sense bitterness around here somewhere :p

Edit: Just remember, if this thing happens to be true, the ending of ME3 is just the ending for that game, not the trilogy nor the story. Now I try not to talk about it anymore, going to see bio's next move.

Don't hold your breath. If ending DLC is released it will be because Bio has been scrambling the past couple weeks to throw something together with the most popular fan theory rather than something that was planned out in advance.

If they actually had something like this in the works the PR machine would be tripping over itself to reassure people to just hold on rather than the current focus of "We're listening to your complaints and we're collecting feedback".

Edited by Deraldin

Guest Slinky

Don't hold your breath. If ending DLC is released it will be because Bio has been scrambling the past couple weeks to throw something together with the most popular fan theory rather than something that was planned out in advance.

Even that would be better than leave it like it is though.

If they actually had something like this in the works the PR machine would be tripping over itself to reassure people to just hold on rather than the current focus of "We're listening to your complaints and we're collecting feedback".

For some reason I feel like they WANT people to go all hurr durr about the ending. And then drop the bomb later.

But who knows, let's see what happens.

Even that would be better than leave it like it is though.

For some reason I feel like they WANT people to go all hurr durr about the ending. And then drop the bomb later.

But who knows, let's see what happens.

I agree on your first point.

As for the second, you're half right. They want LOTS OF SPECULATION about the ending. I don't think they thought about the second portion.

How would shipping the "real" ending several weeks after the game was released be a smart move? The people that post on forums are a small percentage of the people who purchased the game, so the vast majority of people who purchased the game would have no idea of this and just feel burned.

http://blog.bioware....012/03/21/4108/

To Mass Effect 3 players, from Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of BioWare

As co-founder and GM of BioWare, I

Edited by Malcador

How would shipping the "real" ending several weeks after the game was released be a smart move? The people that post on forums are a small percentage of the people who purchased the game, so the vast majority of people who purchased the game would have no idea of this and just feel burned.

Didn't seem to be a problem with Fallout 3,

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Eh? FO3's ending was never supposed to be some clever mindjob, it just stunk. Those advocating that ME3's ending is the BESTEST SEKRET the world has ever seen are the ones saying this is smart when in fact 95% of the user base will never know of THE SEKRET because they dont visit forums. Besides, who knows how many people even tried the FO3 ending redo.

i didn't know they did a redo of the fallout 3 ending. that ending was such a pos i never even bothered with the main quest in subsequent playthroughs.

you know what game had a great ending? fallout. the ending of that game was perfect.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i didn't know they did a redo of the fallout 3 ending. that ending was such a pos i never even bothered with the main quest in subsequent playthroughs.

It was changed via the Broken Steel DLC (instead of dying, you just get sick and the game continues). IIRC, there were other changes, too, but this is the one I am particularly referring to.

Eh? FO3's ending was never supposed to be some clever mindjob, it just stunk. Those advocating that ME3's ending is the BESTEST SEKRET the world has ever seen are the ones saying this is smart when in fact 95% of the user base will never know of THE SEKRET because they dont visit forums. Besides, who knows how many people even tried the FO3 ending redo.

Well, I don't have the sales numbers for Broken Steel and the ultimate edition of FO3, but I've been under the impression that they were both profitable, well-received ventures :p

Apart from that, I can't help but feel you're answering somebody else, as it has nothing to do with what I was saying (the core problem with ME3's ending being that it sucks, and not really that differently from FO3, artistic pretensions notwithstanding).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif