Good old Games

Gorth

Fallout free on GOG for 48 hours. Woo.

Must be popular... site's pretty hard to get to now.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Also Ubisoft in non-evil act shocker! :p

Yes, weird. Change in policy perhaps? Even though Rayman Origins isn't really a 'big' game, and Assassin's Creed and HoMM V are relatively old, that's still three games DRM-free in two months. Cautiously optimistic, I suppose.

Fallout free on GOG for 48 hours. Woo.

Really? Cool. I shall now go acquire it. Maybe someday, I might even play it.

...no speed problem downloading it for me at 1:20pm PST.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oooh, I just saw the vid for Botanicula. I'm not usually into point/click games like that but it's so cute. I may have to get it. Yes, I'm liking GoG more and more every year. I toss money their way every year and hope for their continued success.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Machinarium is the first new point-and-click adventure I've enjoyed in some time, so I'm keeping an eye out for Botanicula. Not quite as cute, though.

Machinarium was great. Then I played Gemini Rue and Grey Matter and I'm now convinced that anyone who talks about the adventure game genre as dead needs to get their head checked.

Botanicula looks great too. Insta-buy for me.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Bought Anachronox and Legend of Grimrock (pending release of course). Now if I could just find a bit more time...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oooh, I just saw the vid for Botanicula. I'm not usually into point/click games like that but it's so cute. I may have to get it. Yes, I'm liking GoG more and more every year. I toss money their way every year and hope for their continued success.

Oh, I wanted to answer. Fyi, the dev's site has some demos since these are flash games so you can check out the other games as well there.

Watched an 11min gameplay vid of Botanicula. Yes, must get. Die of cuteness.. I really like the graphics/artwork on it as well.

Bought Anachronox

That game is so disappointing man. Imagine that you buy a book, you read it, and then go "****, that was one of the best books I've ever played", and then you go to read the sequel since it leaves so much hanging in the air and was clearly designed to have an ending come out later. Except there is no sequel!!!!!11111! Bastards.

P.S. Play the game - it's amazing.

Ohhhh, yes, yes....they have Darkstone now. I can run it on Win7 without all the weird things I had to do to make it work. Wonder if my old save games will work with this version. lol

If you haven't bought Botanicula yet, check out the new Humble Bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/ It's a bit cheaper than Gog. :)

Nope, haven't bought it yet. I noticed that GoG's version doesn't include the full soundtrack, either, which is a bummer because I normally like to support GoG. But I don't understand the charity bundle thing... (edit: oh...nvm...I'm dense...got it.)

...bah. I need PayPal, Amazon, or Google to pay. No likey. Can I remove the CC info from Google after I've added it, or do they have it forever.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Eh, I was impatient, bought GoG's version. Loving the game so far. All the cute sound effects, humorous little bits and pieces, artwork, everything. Except now I'm stuck trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do in one spot (creature who spits out various bubbles+black bat-like thingie). :lol:

Adorable game.

Guess even almighty GoG can't find any copies of The Lost Vale, U8's infamously 100% finished expansion which was destroyed when EA decided to not bother releasing it. Though really its only value is just as some sort of historical curio, it's interesting how thoroughly its existence has been scourged from the planet.

One thing that has reemerged though, is the Prince of Persia source code, found in the back of Mechner's closets.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Guess even almighty GoG can't find any copies of The Lost Vale, U8's infamously 100% finished expansion which was destroyed when EA decided to not bother releasing it. Though really its only value is just as some sort of historical curio, it's interesting how thoroughly its existence has been scourged from the planet.

If anyone could have found it by now, I would have assumed the Origin Museum would have. I was hoping they would.

Watched an 11min gameplay vid of Botanicula. Yes, must get. Die of cuteness.. I really like the graphics/artwork on it as well.

If you haven't bought Botanicula yet, check out the new Humble Bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/ It's a bit cheaper than Gog. :)

Ah what the heck. I already had a couple of the other games from previous Humble Bundles, but it looks like a fun game. Crossing fingers and hoping that Trine 2 appears in one of these bundles too some day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Since so many ppl who pre-ordered from GoG were annoyed with the bundle/no full soundtrack (me not included), they've apparently given ppl free copies of Machinarium and Witcher Enhanced/Dir. Cut. Which if you already have, isn't a big deal I guess....but if you're like me and have neither, that's pretty awesome.

I didn't even pre-order, just technically bought before their deadline time I guess. Anyway....wasn't their fault, imo, so it's above and beyond. I can now check out Machinarium. :)