Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9449 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Tried playing Warrior Within again. Could not stand it. Finally moved on to The Two Thrones. Much better, but it does have those quirks of PS2 action adventure games that make me want to toss a controller through a window. Including absolutely stupid boss fights.

Edit: And now I'm getting sad that 2008 is never getting that sequel.

Orchomene

Orchomene

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've played Yesterday. I would say it's a pretty good point and click adventure game. Pendulo has done a good job of story telling with an original story. It's better than their last game.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6851 posts

Edit: And now I'm getting sad that 2008 is never getting that sequel.

There shouldn't be a sequel. Just pretend the final five minutes never happened. The game had a perfect bittersweet ending, until Princie decided to doom the entire world to save the girl he flirted with a couple of times.

The Prince also lost the girl at the end of Sands of Time (even twice!), but he manned up.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9449 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Started up Forgotten Sands. I'm officially going to hate Assassin's Creed from here on out. Because that game is why they're not making more Prince of Persia. :(

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6995 posts
  • Backer

Started up Forgotten Sands. I'm officially going to hate Assassin's Creed from here on out. Because that game is why they're not making more Prince of Persia. :(

I'm treating AC 2 as if it were SoT 2.

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6851 posts
The Forgotten Sands was the final nail in the Prince's coffin. At this point I just want more Beyond good & evil.

I might play Assassin's Creed though when I'm done with Dungeon Siege 3. 9,99 on Steam is not that bad.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9449 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Forgotten Sands was the final nail in the Prince's coffin.

I was unaware that they made coffin nails out of AWESOME now.

That game hit just the right spot. I was needing something good after Mass Effect 3's bitterness. The Two Thrones didn't quite manage. Now maybe to check out an adventure game or try Outcast.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8751 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finally getting round to trying my first game of Jagged Alliance 2. Am playing it without the 1.13 fanpatch for the moment, and trying to work out the ropes.

(1) Why can't I scroll the screen with my mouse at the edges? Do I have to click on the minimap all the time?
(2) Why can't I select a merc by clicking on the portrait? It seems to instead 'flare' the merc.
(3) Any way to speed up walking animations?

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9748 posts

Finally getting round to trying my first game of Jagged Alliance 2. Am playing it without the 1.13 fanpatch for the moment, and trying to work out the ropes.

(1) Why can't I scroll the screen with my mouse at the edges? Do I have to click on the minimap all the time?
(2) Why can't I select a merc by clicking on the portrait? It seems to instead 'flare' the merc.
(3) Any way to speed up walking animations?

I don't remember the first one, too long ago, but you can select mercs with number keys 1-6 if I remember correctly. Space bar toggles squads and equal key '=' selects all 6 in current squad.

You squaddies can run instead of walk, but only for limited periods of time. Then they'll start gasping for air and fall down, making funny remarks about physical exercise. As for changing the actual animation speed, no idea. Probably never felt it as an issue.

Hint: Overload your mercs with heavy gear and send them running to improve their stamina.

Edit to add: Close. That was F1 to F6 instead. List of shortcut Hot keys

cernex

cernex

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:Furecer
Currently I'm on my third Alpha Protocol run.
  • greylord likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9247 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Up to level 27 in KoA. I've finished only one faction questline, and still have quite a bit of the map to go. It's a lot longer a game than I first thought. I was expecting since it was EA produced that it'd have the same short streamlined feel of DA2/ME3, but it's actually quite lengthy.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5280 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Tropico 3, the expansion's a bit trickier, so that's good. Sadly I'm getting a freeze-CTD issue on one level, bleh.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6995 posts
  • Backer

The Forgotten Sands was the final nail in the Prince's coffin.

I was unaware that they made coffin nails out of AWESOME now.

That game hit just the right spot. I was needing something good after Mass Effect 3's bitterness. The Two Thrones didn't quite manage. Now maybe to check out an adventure game or try Outcast.

Outcast. Definitely, definitely Outcast.

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Outcast is awesome, from back when awesome actually meant something.
  • Oner likes this

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts
Well, finished my next playthrough of ME3. I played through the entire ME series again with ME3 finale. Renegade Femshep. ME3 losing much of it's luster, even more on this playthrough. Done with it for a while.

Started up with Record of Agarest War. Plan on playing it (it's a VERY VERY VERY looooooong game in comparison to any of the ME games), and then Agarest Zero. In spare time I plan on playing Star Ocean or some other RPG. However, plan is to finish the first two Agarest games in order to play Agarest 2 when it comes out in a few months.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8213 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well, finished my next playthrough of ME3. I played through the entire ME series again with ME3 finale. Renegade Femshep. ME3 losing much of it's luster, even more on this playthrough. Done with it for a while.

Started up with Record of Agarest War. Plan on playing it (it's a VERY VERY VERY looooooong game in comparison to any of the ME games), and then Agarest Zero. In spare time I plan on playing Star Ocean or some other RPG. However, plan is to finish the first two Agarest games in order to play Agarest 2 when it comes out in a few months.

Gonna say, the marketing campaign that was behind Agarest is sot of... embarassing if you wanted to pick up the game (I did... the phyiscal copy)

HoonDing

HoonDing

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6851 posts

Record of Agarest War

I regret googling that

Posted Image

JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3514 posts
luls

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8213 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Thing is, that's only the american marketing... with the actual GAME playing out more like Final Fantasy Tactics, and having a generational story... that allows you to adjust the stats of your next protagonist based upon the partner of the current protagonist.

Basically actually giving the game a reason to have a romance plotline, and providing consequences for your actions (kinda)

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2846 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Far Cry 2.

Lol... I don't know what to say. Playing this, I was reminded how awful I am at first person shooters. More than 3 enemies attacking me? I start panicking and it's a 100% confirmed game over. I've given up on it since I know I won't be able to complete it, but what I played was fairly fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users