What are you playing now?

Up to level 27 in KoA. I've finished only one faction questline, and still have quite a bit of the map to go. It's a lot longer a game than I first thought. I was expecting since it was EA produced that it'd have the same short streamlined feel of DA2/ME3, but it's actually quite lengthy.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Tropico 3, the expansion's a bit trickier, so that's good. Sadly I'm getting a freeze-CTD issue on one level, bleh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Forgotten Sands was the final nail in the Prince's coffin.

I was unaware that they made coffin nails out of AWESOME now.

That game hit just the right spot. I was needing something good after Mass Effect 3's bitterness. The Two Thrones didn't quite manage. Now maybe to check out an adventure game or try Outcast.

Outcast. Definitely, definitely Outcast.

Well, finished my next playthrough of ME3. I played through the entire ME series again with ME3 finale. Renegade Femshep. ME3 losing much of it's luster, even more on this playthrough. Done with it for a while.

Started up with Record of Agarest War. Plan on playing it (it's a VERY VERY VERY looooooong game in comparison to any of the ME games), and then Agarest Zero. In spare time I plan on playing Star Ocean or some other RPG. However, plan is to finish the first two Agarest games in order to play Agarest 2 when it comes out in a few months.

Well, finished my next playthrough of ME3. I played through the entire ME series again with ME3 finale. Renegade Femshep. ME3 losing much of it's luster, even more on this playthrough. Done with it for a while.

Started up with Record of Agarest War. Plan on playing it (it's a VERY VERY VERY looooooong game in comparison to any of the ME games), and then Agarest Zero. In spare time I plan on playing Star Ocean or some other RPG. However, plan is to finish the first two Agarest games in order to play Agarest 2 when it comes out in a few months.

Gonna say, the marketing campaign that was behind Agarest is sot of... embarassing if you wanted to pick up the game (I did... the phyiscal copy)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thing is, that's only the american marketing... with the actual GAME playing out more like Final Fantasy Tactics, and having a generational story... that allows you to adjust the stats of your next protagonist based upon the partner of the current protagonist.

Basically actually giving the game a reason to have a romance plotline, and providing consequences for your actions (kinda)

Far Cry 2.

Lol... I don't know what to say. Playing this, I was reminded how awful I am at first person shooters. More than 3 enemies attacking me? I start panicking and it's a 100% confirmed game over. I've given up on it since I know I won't be able to complete it, but what I played was fairly fun.

Thing is, that's only the american marketing... with the actual GAME playing out more like Final Fantasy Tactics, and having a generational story... that allows you to adjust the stats of your next protagonist based upon the partner of the current protagonist.

Basically actually giving the game a reason to have a romance plotline, and providing consequences for your actions (kinda)

Wow...after people posted about googling, I googled myself to see what was up about that. I had no idea that's how they marketed the game!!!

I originally heard about the game through the grapevine and got it because it sounded like a pretty cool strategy game, but with ideas from Phantasy Star III (you have several generations, each one depending on who you choose as the lucky couple from the previous generation).

Wow...after people posted about googling, I googled myself to see what was up about that. I had no idea that's how they marketed the game!!!

I originally heard about the game through the grapevine and got it because it sounded like a pretty cool strategy game, but with ideas from Phantasy Star III (you have several generations, each one depending on who you choose as the lucky couple from the previous generation).

Yeah, when the 360 version was released I remember we had to keep the box behind the counter becuase it was to M to be on the floor at gamestop.

And the "extremely naughty edition" (the disc version basically) came with... an egonomic mousepad where the wrist rest was one of the characters breasts, and a body-pillow case with one of the ladies. It's like they tried to scientifically drive off anyone who thought of buying it.

seriously

Haha... what the heck?

"Who wants... a GAME... when they can have... FMV cutscenes!"

Pretty sure that trend died early 90's

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think it's more "who wants to know about mechanics when we have BEWBS!"

Ironic, the stuff the advertise takes up maybe .05% of the gametime you actually spend playing. Minimal time with the pictures and such...whereas the actual gameplay and strategy (battles) is where 98% (a majority) or your time...or at least my time...is spent.

It's amazing just how massive this game is in relation to many other flashier games there are. Timewise it's going to take me forever in relation to other games. For example, I could probalby finish the entire ME series...maybe twice...in the time it takes me to just finish the first Agarest game!!!

The Forgotten Sands was the final nail in the Prince's coffin.

I was unaware that they made coffin nails out of AWESOME now.

That game hit just the right spot. I was needing something good after Mass Effect 3's bitterness. The Two Thrones didn't quite manage. Now maybe to check out an adventure game or try Outcast.

Outcast. Definitely, definitely Outcast.

Outcast is awesome, from back when awesome actually meant something.

As you wish, so it is done.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm not especially enjoying it so far. The gameplay's very uninteresting. Reading all the praise, I have to wonder if I got the wrong game.

Go to the Well of Essence. Okay... where is that. Oh, it's northeast of the temple of fae. Where's the temple of fae? No seriously. Whatever, maybe it's that big thing in the middle surrounded by the baddies. Oh great, the well is surrounded by baddies too. Sneak sneak, talk to the guy I need to. Oh look, I'm being shot while talking to the guy. And now I'm dead.

Edit: Oh whew, talked to the guy. Now to go outside Temple Fae for something. Where outside Temple Fae? Heck if I know! Surrounded by all the guys who will kill me. That's fun. How do I get there? Maybe I'll swim! Op, sorry, you can't climb up out of water, so just enjoy dying to the fish.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, it isn't a "rush after the quest compass" game. Take your time, explore, go to other worlds to get new weapons. You can ask most locals for directions and information, and get subsidiary quests from them as well. If you run out of health packs the priest guys will heal you for free. If you run into a lot of enemies just run away. There are quite a few groups of mook soldiers around without leaders (leaders are taller, use different weapons and wear different uniforms) who ought to be easy to take out.

Playing Gabriel Knight 1, never did play it back in the day.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Replaying DA2 with mark of the Assassin. Havent gotten to where i can start the DLC yet. I might have been a bit unfair to the game. It's not terrible. It's just half the NPCs that poison the well. It's sortof OK-ish if you just ignore Fenris and whatshisface, the cleric that betrays you later on, whenever possible. Ohh and bow guy, I really hate him too. And your buthurt brother criticising everything you do just because.

It does leave you with very few choices though and since I'm playing a mage and the magic skill doesn't actually transfer to spell damage, just staff damage, I'm finding it hard. No healers available, and I'll be damned if I'm going to do that myself. Hawke is for ass kicking.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I've just finished Anachronox. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it a lot even if I am not at all into jRPG. Companions are original, the story is fun and interesting, the combat is not the best point, but the game avoids to send waves of enemies. And there is some good humor too.

• Like 1

Playing Wasteland for the first time. It's interesting seeing all the huge amount of references of Wasteland in Fallout (like fixing the water purifier in the first town of Wasteland), which I never would have noticed.

I just killed Bobby. Not sure how I feel about that.... D:

Absolutely wonderful game so far. Bashing things with crowbars has never been so much fun!

Edited by Jaesun