Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9842 posts
I was checking out my old game of Painkiller yester evening. Noticed the date stamp on the save file... August 2010. I could have sworn that was something I played and saved recently. Also a reminder that I really should reinstall Windows some day, too many quirks accumulated over time :sweat:

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5626 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Speaking of Dragon's Dogma's demo.. *cough*

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2162 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Damn wrong thread.

Edited by Bos_hybrid, 02 May 2012 - 12:40 AM.

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1910 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ultima Underworld. And since I own a higher end Roland MT-32 (The CM-500) MIDI Sound Module I can finally hear all the "special" sound effects they used in the game with that sound module. :bouncy:

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7015 posts
  • Backer
Played and finished Binary Domain. Let me put it this way: If it were a movie in he '90s, it could've blown Terminator away. Maybe.
It's like Alpha Protocol with less (but not devoid of) C&C and some bare-bone RPG elements, but has an overall higher quality. Basically, it's a TPS set in an old-school cyberpunk future (post-disaster, lots of robots, shiny megapolis, etc). The plot is great, very reminiscent of the Old Ones, the combat mechanics are tight and the shooting is fun (enemies break down as you hammer them). Animations and cutscene direction are sweet, writing is on par with a good '90s movie. It's an awesome game, IMO. Not flawless, but steal awesome.

The Walking Dead: Likewise, a C&C driven RPG disguised as an adventure game, and simply great.

Edited by Oner, 02 May 2012 - 10:09 AM.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5626 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Wait.. h-how is Binary Domain like Alpha Protocol? Wasn't Alpha Protocol's defining characteristic the fact that it offers different playstyles and plenty of consequences for even small choices? While it's my understanding from the press/fans coverage and the demo that Binary Domain it's essentially an interesting TPS with a couple of unusual mechanics that also happens to be made in Japan? Am I missing something? (I'm serious and I don't want to dismiss what you're saying, I just genuinely don't understand the angle.)

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4086 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wait.. h-how is Binary Domain like Alpha Protocol? Wasn't Alpha Protocol's defining characteristic the fact that it offers different playstyles and plenty of consequences for even small choices? While it's my understanding from the press/fans coverage and the demo that Binary Domain it's essentially an interesting TPS with a couple of unusual mechanics that also happens to be made in Japan? Am I missing something? (I'm serious and I don't want to dismiss what you're saying, I just genuinely don't understand the angle.)

He's overreacting. There's only a little actual C&C in Binary Domain (though theres definitly a strong illusion of choice in the first playthrough) but theres some things that are a little different or have unique banter depending who you team-up with.

That said its good, it has a fun, somewhat interesting plot and charachters and great bosses. I didn't expect less though as its a pretty high quality dev in general. Ever played the Yakuza games?

Edited by C2B, 02 May 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7015 posts
  • Backer
Well, it's a TPS with C&C and a hint of conspiracies, that's all I reall meant.
Oh and the characters are well written, with actual personalities, the plot is really great.

Frankly, I love the little extra details in the game. The japs speak jap, the brits have british accents, the japs have jap accents, the US guys have US, etc. The only odd one out is Faye, who doesn't sound chinese, but is at least voiced by Laura Bailey. -Oh and the voice acting is great too.

Edited by Oner, 02 May 2012 - 11:49 AM.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5626 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Well, it's a TPS with C&C and a hint of conspiracies, that's all I reall meant.
Oh and the characters are well written, with actual personalities, the plot is really great.

K cool. I think I'll get it eventually, just a bit later. Weird, because I don't usually enjoy third person shooters, hated the Gears of War titles.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7015 posts
  • Backer
Well, GoW was made by a douchebag, for douchebags, whereas this one has genuine effort behind it. :p

Edited by Oner, 02 May 2012 - 12:14 PM.

• Morgoth likes this

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The Hungarian speaks the truth.

Binary Domain is really good. Better than all Mass Effect and Gears games put together. But as usual, shoddy Sega marketing let to abysmal sales, hence no sequel.

Oner

Oner

• Members
  • 7015 posts
  • Backer
Oh shucks no.

Btw, the game also has some easy time-based scenes. Not QTEs per se, but something similar. And the boss fights might not be to everyone's liking *cough* the losers at Gametrailers *cough*, so reading up on the game a bit would be advised.

That said, buy it folks!

Edited by Oner, 02 May 2012 - 12:23 PM.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3053 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
A shame the sales were horrible. I have the game, but have yet found the time to play it. I have several games that I need to finish on PS3 before I start BD.

If you're unsure about the game, you could always try the demo.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8236 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finished my campaign as the Brutii. Basically I attacked east and took all the way to Sainai before considering my options. Realized that with my industrial and financial base in the Greek Archipeligo, I could easily take on the other houses in rome and spent the next six years shifting over four legions (for kicks I call my RTW stacks that) to the italian peninsula. and then was the time to strike. Managed to take the peninsula within 2 years, and expanded to include gaul, and much of the former dacian territory before victory was declared.

Installed Medieval 2, started the grand campaign as Britannia. First order of business was the elimination of the Scotts. Quick and easy. Control of the isles was mine alone, and I moved my forces south to attack out of Caen. Managed to cut my way south taking Caen, Rennes, Angers, and Bordeaux with papal sanction. before they sued for peace. Admittedly the peace didn't last long as Milan decided to flex it's muscles and attack from it's northern provinces (it's been cut in two by the HRE). As I fended off the Milanese, the French decided to try for round two and lost their last four provinces (Tolose (to a crusade), Paris, Rheims, and Dijon). Almost as soon as I finished off Rheims (and thus France), I had war declared by the HRE, and a full army appeared near Metz, with a fleet blockading Tolose.

Oh and the danes declared war but have done nothing because of their treaties with the now-dead French.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2084 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I didn't even heard of Binary Domain till now. At least I don't remember that I've heard about it before.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3053 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I didn't even heard of Binary Domain till now. At least I don't remember that I've heard about it before.

That's not a surprise, it's a SEGA game... marketed by SEGA.

Orchomene

Orchomene

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've tried the demo of Warlock: Master of the Arcane and found the game quite pleasant. I've thus bought the preorder at gamersgate.
I've also finished Risen 2 which was quite good and avoided a last chapter as awful as in Risen 1.They also have improved their storytelling skills in PB.

Mamoulian War

Mamoulian War

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2112 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:mamoulianfh
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Finished my second playthrough of Hyperdimension Neptunia :D Weird anime old school japanese style dungeon crawler in not so modern graphics and one of the few games that are trying to be comedies, and it made me laugh on many occasions :)

And now little bit of e-peen waving - I tried to get all the trophies this time and I succeeded :p

My 4th platinum after God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII and White Knight Chronicles, looks like even old farts like me can have enough time for this kind of stuff :p

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2162 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Currently playing two games:

Elemental war of Magic Fallen Enchantress Beta. Much better than the original, the AI works better, roving monster bands are now more of a threat, better quests and more spells. The loss of attributes for sovereigns and heroes is disappointing, but the random traits make up for it somewhat(enjoyed getting afraid of dieing perk after a wipe). Looking forward to the full release.

Just started Endless Space alpha (4X space), so far seems very promising. Will give a better run down of it after some more play time.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7259 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I've been seriously hitting SW:TOR lately, I started a bounty hunter on a new server, and I've got him up to level 30. I want to unlock my legacy, and then I'll start a few alt characters for fun. Almost there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users