Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

Orchomene

Orchomene

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 676 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I will try the demo. I'm downloading it.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9641 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I was playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

In doing so I came to a decision. I need to be more discriminating. It's not that it's a bad game. It is a good game. It's just not a great game. I have a rather significant backlog of books and games and there's little point in spending too much time with those that are simply passable. Further, I'm in the mood to improve my understanding of the ways that good stories can be told. All this game is doing for me is reminding me of the flaws of long cutscenes, pointless sideplots, and unclear impetus. The lesson about how those are bad is one I think I've already learned.

The effect of this decision seems to be that I've shelved most of my current queue and gone back to reading. I hear delightful things about Nier and Dragon Quest V, so I may pick those up shortly.
  • entrerix likes this

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9842 posts
Managed to play a bit of Gratuitous Space Battles and Trine 2 towards the end of the weekend.

Testing new ship designs is fun, but not being into the whole internet gaming thing, I wish the single player game had been more "expansive".

Trine 2 is if possible even more fun than Trine. Some of the puzzles (to get all experience points in a level) requires some rather creative thinking. You know the answer is there and it's solvable with the tools at hand. A bit like ye olde adventure games.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9353 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm somewhere in Chapter 1 in the Witcher 2 right now. Pretty cool game so far. I'm liking the story thus far. Oh, and I've had sex with Triss twice now.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8236 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm somewhere in Chapter 1 in the Witcher 2 right now. Pretty cool game so far. I'm liking the story thus far. Oh, and I've had sex with Triss twice now.

That's all normal.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2994 posts

That's all normal.

And the rash will go away on it's own if you don't scratch it.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2235 posts
  • Silver Backer
Fallout : Tactics Despite its shortcomings there is something fun about killing raiders, tribals, beastmen, beasts and super mutants. Must be their death animations. :D

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5464 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I liked Fallout : Tactics, although I never really finished it due to never having anyone on my squad developed to be robot killers (d'oh). Right now, screwing around in ArmA 2/OA (300 hours in that game now, heh) while I try to find a new game to get myself involved in.

Majek

Majek

• Members
  • 2235 posts
  • Silver Backer
The robots are annoying. So these days i stop playing or even restart after they appear.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3053 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Tried out the Dragon's Dogma demo and thought it was fun. It's just baffling that didn't try to include online or offline co-op. I know that not every game needs it, but you already have *pawns* with you. Might as well make it possible to play with real people. I might get it later in the year. The release date isn't exactly good for me.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9641 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Tried out the Dragon's Dogma demo and thought it was fun. It's just baffling that didn't try to include online or offline co-op. I know that not every game needs it, but you already have *pawns* with you. Might as well make it possible to play with real people.

Yeah, but pawns follow you around. They don't try to enter the shop while you leave town, then complain when they find out it won't load two different areas and let you keep your characters and quest progress separately from the host.

Saw that pop up with Neverwinter Nights 2, Fable 2, and Dungeon Siege 3.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3053 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Tried out the Dragon's Dogma demo and thought it was fun. It's just baffling that didn't try to include online or offline co-op. I know that not every game needs it, but you already have *pawns* with you. Might as well make it possible to play with real people.

Yeah, but pawns follow you around. They don't try to enter the shop while you leave town, then complain when they find out it won't load two different areas and let you keep your characters and quest progress separately from the host.

Saw that pop up with Neverwinter Nights 2, Fable 2, and Dungeon Siege 3.

I knew someone would post something like this, and you're right. I usually don't play online, but when I do, I mostly do it with people that actually want to do "proper" coop, ie: Wait for eachother, and not run around doing other things.

It would have been cool if I could take my character into a friends game and play with him/her.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
A two player offline mode would have been great though, oh well, I still need to try out the demo

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2994 posts

A two player offline mode would have been great though, oh well, I still need to try out the demo

Offline multiplayer, do they even do that anymore?

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Hitman: Rambo: Conviction trailer

Majek

Majek

• Members
  • 2235 posts
  • Silver Backer

Offline multiplayer, do they even do that anymore?

Rayman Origins has only offline coop. Up to 4 players.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
borderlands and borderlands 2 have offline coop (thank god - its the absolute funnest way to play)

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7596 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Playing the GW3 beta (even for the brief time I did) broke my Risen2 momentum and today I find myself sitting here at the PC, thinking I'll play Risen2 and yet not turning the game on. :(
....*pokes self*... c'mon LC, don't be this way yet again, turn it on. You know you want to.

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2754 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I can't seem to stir much gaming enthusiasm at the moment. Or at least, what I do stir tends to slide into TOR play. Waiting on ME3 dlc stuff before I get back to that..
I haven't turned on steam in about a month.. And I've got a batch of Saints Row the Third to actually amuse myself with at some point.. but eh.. mood.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
i've just been reading a lot lately, and started kickboxing again this week so that will eat up some time. i'm bouncing around between civ games and brief forays into diablo 1. killing time until diablo 3 gets released.

tonight i think i'll spend some time with the dragons dogma demo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users