What are you playing now?

Ultima7 .... kind of interesting. Graphics are actually tolerable/fine, considering. What I'm having trouble with is feeling like the game alternates between herky jerky and sudden speed ups, as well as mouse-click response delays. I dunno if it's GoG's dos-box usage to get it running on Windows or what, but makes it hard to get into the game that way. :/

So far the voice acting cracks me up. Not because it's bad or annoying, but so much of it seems a bit over the top, in almost a satire kind of way.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Went back to Amalur. I'm in that "wait, what was I doing?" stage of resuming a game after putting it aside for a month. Y'know, that stage where you spend an hour just trying to figure out what all the buttons do and a tutorial is no longer available. Then you try to figure out what quest you're on and how you get there.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Went back to Amalur. I'm in that "wait, what was I doing?" stage of resuming a game after putting it aside for a month. Y'know, that stage where you spend an hour just trying to figure out what all the buttons do and a tutorial is no longer available. Then you try to figure out what quest you're on and how you get there.

Yeah, not looking forward to playing swtor soon again after a couple of months.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Started process of setting up another placeholder email to try a second weekend of TOR on the other faction but decided against it. Still playing a mish-mash of short sessions of a few games.

1) One is slogging through ME2 slowly but not enjoying my adept - tempted to do the savegame edit to change my class.

2) Slowly getting to the finish of Return to Zork (knowing the solutions mostly but never actually playing it) - unfinished business for a game that scared me silly as a kid.

3) Installed KOTOR2 and am trying to piece together information on getting it in the most playworthy state before starting it with regard to patching and modding - I never got out of the starter dungeon first time around which was right around the time my 7900GT decided to blow up as I recall.

4) Trying to decide whether to play WC Saga now or wait a bit for the first wave of guinea pigs.

5) Checking up on Skyrim mods to see if there's anything interesting that might induce me to want to finish it - no luck thus far.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yeah, not looking forward to playing swtor soon again after a couple of months.

That's one of the big issues I have with SWTOR and its overload of abilities. It is hard to get back to it after a break.

Still doing my ME series playthrough. About to go through the relay and get a whole bunch of people killed (just to see what happens in ME3 if they are missing)! :)

Then it's off to my second playthrough of ME3, this time with a Renegade lady Shepard.

I really like Stacking from the look of it, but I am scared to test it out, as I am too lazy for too many puzzle elements in games nowadays.

Heh, puzzles in Stacking are more of the fun variety than difficult. And if you're really stuck you've got hints that more or less solve the puzzles for you. :D

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm playing Tales of Graces f. I've played a lot of games in the Tales series, but I think this has my favorite battle system. I can run around fighting enemies and never get bored. This is slowly becoming my current favorite JRPG series. Using quicksteps to dodge enemy attacks and then counterattack is great. Then there are two styles for each character, so there's a lot of skills to get. You gain skills via titles you get throughout the game, and collecting them has been really addictive. I don't know if I'll like this more than Tales of Vesperia, since I enjoyed almost everything with the game, but the battles are more fun in Graces f.

Playing Tales of the Abyss on my 3DS and also learned that Tales of Xillia was trademarked in Europe. Not that I think anyone here actually likes Tales games.

New Vegas Complete Edition - could finally finish the remaining DLCs.

I'd essentially agree with reviews - DM is repeatable, LR tedious, HH interesting but short.

Only OWB is forgiven all it's faults due to writing and humor.

And while on the subject of writing - what's going on with MCA character design lately?

Some of his NPCs are starting to feel artificial - like some sort of proxies for a philosophical debate with a serious dose of pathos and fatalism.

I've caught myself thinking repeatedly that the 'right' thing to do would be to mercifully put them down as they can't possibly survive in a world such as this.

Journey. Little PSN original. Mostly about sight and sound. A little platforming. Pretty cool.

It's online too, so you occasionally find someone else. And teaming up is very very helpful.

Edit: It's short. Just beat it. Has a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

Edit2: It keeps track of the people you meet along the way and tells you who it was at the end. I apparently crossed paths with 8 people.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still AOD demo, about two dozen characters, few of them went far but none have gone all the way. Engaging thing.

Playing Witcher 2 again as it apparently got a massive patch while I wasn't looking. The combat is far less tiresome.

Wondering if I should go with Roche or Inoveth for Chapter 2. I did Inoveth the first time and I have trouble imagining that Roche is as good.

Also, they still have the Good Old Monk promotion in game that now leads to a blank website. Strange.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

There's going to be another massive patch with new content in another month (Apr 17? I think) coinciding with the XBox release.

I went with Roche on my playthrough and I think on reflection I marginally preferred it. It's not as long - apparently in its original state you wouldn't hit the level cap unless you took Iorveth's path - but I think it's a tighter story going with Roche. By that I mean the plot gets driven with a bit more urgency, and it feels like the stuff you do directly relates to progressing it unlike the alternative which feels like a more traditionalist sidequest format. Plus you get exposition on the other side of the story - as in what happens to your quarry and his merry men.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Team Fortress 2 for the first time. The game is made of pure win.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

There's going to be another massive patch with new content in another month (Apr 17? I think) coinciding with the XBox release.

I thought the 'Witcher 2: Enhance Edition' was the X-Box version and the Witcher 2 2.0 was the Enhanced Edition for the PC?

It needs another patch. Combat is much improved but there are still times where I'll cast a sign and Gerelt will stand there like an idiot.

I went with Roche on my playthrough and I think on reflection I marginally preferred it. It's not as long - apparently in its original state you wouldn't hit the level cap unless you took Iorveth's path - but I think it's a tighter story going with Roche. By that I mean the plot gets driven with a bit more urgency, and it feels like the stuff you do directly relates to progressing it unlike the alternative which feels like a more traditionalist sidequest format. Plus you get exposition on the other side of the story - as in what happens to your quarry and his merry men.

I'll try it then.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Wondering if I should go with Roche or Inoveth [sic] for Chapter 2. I did Inoveth the first time and I have trouble imagining that Roche is as good.

Well I only saw Roche's path so far, but I really liked his character - the writing that is. I think it's part of what makes the game great, having characters that you can disagree with and still respect them for what they are.

Just finished portal 2 single player and while I understand why many like it I found it a tad boring and the puzzles a bit too easy. The co-op however played much better, more challenging and more fun.