Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Bought some fave city build/sim games from GoG (stronghold, RCT), as well as finally grabbing BG1 for my Win7 machine. But I also bought Ultima7 pack. I've never played it. I hear it's an uber classic or something. :p

....let's see if I can get past the "omg this is so old..." reaction that I get from looking at screenshots.

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1936 posts
Stacking. Tim Schafer does it again, that's all I can say.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1960 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I really like Stacking from the look of it, but I am scared to test it out, as I am too lazy for too many puzzle elements in games nowadays.

Janmanden

Janmanden

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 718 posts
Been playing a lot of ME3 MP. It's quite fun WHEN it works, but absolutely disastrous when it doesn't and I miss a lot features that are present in other games like text chat, because most people never speak.. The storm button is like using a magnetic suit clinging to all surfaces, but at least ASWD works exactly the way it should!

Edited by Janmanden, 21 March 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1936 posts

I really like Stacking from the look of it, but I am scared to test it out, as I am too lazy for too many puzzle elements in games nowadays.

Don't be, the game is (so far) excellent.

LadyCrimson

LadyCrimson

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 7551 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Ultima7 .... kind of interesting. Graphics are actually tolerable/fine, considering. What I'm having trouble with is feeling like the game alternates between herky jerky and sudden speed ups, as well as mouse-click response delays. I dunno if it's GoG's dos-box usage to get it running on Windows or what, but makes it hard to get into the game that way. :/

So far the voice acting cracks me up. Not because it's bad or annoying, but so much of it seems a bit over the top, in almost a satire kind of way.

Edited by LadyCrimson, 21 March 2012 - 03:04 PM.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2693 posts
Try running it in Exult if it feels any better. http://exult.sourceforge.net/

I think Richard Garriott did his own voice-work for Lord British back then - particularly notable in the Serpent Isle intro.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3534 posts
Has anyone played Fall of the Samurai.

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9483 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Went back to Amalur. I'm in that "wait, what was I doing?" stage of resuming a game after putting it aside for a month. Y'know, that stage where you spend an hour just trying to figure out what all the buttons do and a tutorial is no longer available. Then you try to figure out what quest you're on and how you get there.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4583 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Went back to Amalur. I'm in that "wait, what was I doing?" stage of resuming a game after putting it aside for a month. Y'know, that stage where you spend an hour just trying to figure out what all the buttons do and a tutorial is no longer available. Then you try to figure out what quest you're on and how you get there.

Yeah, not looking forward to playing swtor soon again after a couple of months.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2693 posts
Started process of setting up another placeholder email to try a second weekend of TOR on the other faction but decided against it. Still playing a mish-mash of short sessions of a few games.

1) One is slogging through ME2 slowly but not enjoying my adept - tempted to do the savegame edit to change my class.
2) Slowly getting to the finish of Return to Zork (knowing the solutions mostly but never actually playing it) - unfinished business for a game that scared me silly as a kid.
3) Installed KOTOR2 and am trying to piece together information on getting it in the most playworthy state before starting it with regard to patching and modding - I never got out of the starter dungeon first time around which was right around the time my 7900GT decided to blow up as I recall.
4) Trying to decide whether to play WC Saga now or wait a bit for the first wave of guinea pigs.
5) Checking up on Skyrim mods to see if there's anything interesting that might induce me to want to finish it - no luck thus far.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7167 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Yeah, not looking forward to playing swtor soon again after a couple of months.

That's one of the big issues I have with SWTOR and its overload of abilities. It is hard to get back to it after a break.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai for a neat 17. The download takes a while though. I expect to get totally battered, since I lost all my interest in the TW series after Rome. But this one sounds intriguing, I also hope they put Tom Cruise as a Dachshund-Samurai into the game as a cameo.

Plus: I feel like the luckiest bastard on this planet, since I snatched away a friggin' Diablo 3 Beta key at Eurogamer today. Man...now I'm gonna sell it at Ebay and with that money I could buy two Diablo 3 full copies if I want to. :grin:

Edited by Morgoth, 23 March 2012 - 10:35 AM.

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts
Still doing my ME series playthrough. About to go through the relay and get a whole bunch of people killed (just to see what happens in ME3 if they are missing)! :)

Then it's off to my second playthrough of ME3, this time with a Renegade lady Shepard.

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2223 posts
  • Silver Backer

Heh, puzzles in Stacking are more of the fun variety than difficult. And if you're really stuck you've got hints that more or less solve the puzzles for you. :D

WDeranged

WDeranged

Ordinator of The Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1393 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I never completed Stacking on the PS3 but I really liked it, I never finish games on a console, it just feels wrong, I'll grab it on the PC when the price comes down.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2901 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I'm playing Tales of Graces f. I've played a lot of games in the Tales series, but I think this has my favorite battle system. I can run around fighting enemies and never get bored. This is slowly becoming my current favorite JRPG series. Using quicksteps to dodge enemy attacks and then counterattack is great. Then there are two styles for each character, so there's a lot of skills to get. You gain skills via titles you get throughout the game, and collecting them has been really addictive. I don't know if I'll like this more than Tales of Vesperia, since I enjoyed almost everything with the game, but the battles are more fun in Graces f.

Playing Tales of the Abyss on my 3DS and also learned that Tales of Xillia was trademarked in Europe. Not that I think anyone here actually likes Tales games.

WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5619 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't own a console that can play any Tales of game released in Europe :( I guess that will change when Tales of Graces gets released here so I'll be able to provide feedback.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2901 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I was going to wait, but I couldn't resist importing. It's also a cheaper option for me. I rarely buy games here in Sweden anymore.

pmp10

pmp10

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 861 posts
New Vegas Complete Edition - could finally finish the remaining DLCs.
I'd essentially agree with reviews - DM is repeatable, LR tedious, HH interesting but short.
Only OWB is forgiven all it's faults due to writing and humor.

And while on the subject of writing - what's going on with MCA character design lately?
Some of his NPCs are starting to feel artificial - like some sort of proxies for a philosophical debate with a serious dose of pathos and fatalism.
I've caught myself thinking repeatedly that the 'right' thing to do would be to mercifully put them down as they can't possibly survive in a world such as this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users