Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

CoM_Solaufein

CoM_Solaufein

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 4766 posts
  • Steam:apocalypse_2000
I'm currently playing the best recent RPG there is, FNV!
  • entrerix and WDeranged like this

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8210 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
do NOT kill me.

Jaesun

Jaesun

Fabulous Paladin of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Kaiija
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Mass Effect 3 (With an import from 1 > 2 > 3). It's.................... interesting.

Labadal

Labadal

Janitor of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2664 posts
  • Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Still playing Avadon. I would have no problem with an Obsidian game with basic graphics like this as long as we get Obsidian quality writing. Not every game needs to look like The Witcher 2 or Crysis.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1892 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Playing ME3 multiplayer right now, still trying to get a damn krogan character.

Volourn

Volourn

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 15720 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
ME3 and NHL12.

pmp10

pmp10

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 852 posts
Saints Row the Third.
It's still fun as a sandbox and PC port is reasonable this time around.
Sadly the whole storyline/mission aspect took a major turn for the worse.

zero_or_more

zero_or_more

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
My guitar.

Bos_hybrid

Bos_hybrid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2117 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Krogan Solider is fun once leveled up. Run in and headbutt everything.

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4492 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

The Krogan Solider is fun once leveled up. Run in and headbutt everything.

If the Krogan Battlemaster unlocks after this weeks obfuscating multiplayer event, I might start playing MP at least.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1892 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Got a Krogan now. Pretty funny, indeed, especially because of the comments and because he feels so happy if you kill stuff. Saw another Krogan player yesterday and when a wave was over, we headknocked each other and stuff, cause we are cool Krogans. Though, in the beginning it was pretty hard, as he plays really different from the human soldier and I somehow cannot into shotguns... they feel so damn weak.

Amentep

Amentep

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3169 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Saints Row the Third.
It's still fun as a sandbox and PC port is reasonable this time around.
Sadly the whole storyline/mission aspect took a major turn for the worse.

Yeah, I thought the storyline aspect was a lot weaker than 2. Still enjoyed the game, but felt it didn't match what I really liked about 2.

Was working through the DLC of FO:NV; switched to do ME3 (with ME1->2->3 character - thanks face generation issue that made me have to try and recreate my face (and failed)). I'll go back to FO:NV when I finish ME3 so I can do Lonesome Road.

entrerix

entrerix

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3541 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
playing ME3 really slowly, an hour or two at a time, the game really bothers me for some reason and i keep having to quit to keep from getting frustrated. it feels like the developers wanted to make a movie but were forced to include some gameplay on occasion. hopefully it gets better.

also been playing some fightin games

looks like nothing good is coming out until diablo 3, so i'll probably try and play something on my backlog before that comes out

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Some Starcraft 2, also successfully finished the Civ V tutorials. Now better start with the real game (oh boyboyboy).

Syraxis

Syraxis

Arrow Fodder of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
ys: the oath in felghana steam ver.

$15 for a button masher done right.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5199 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Done ME1, now onto ME2. Or maybe will give the series a little break and go back to Civ V

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1053 posts

Some Starcraft 2, also successfully finished the Civ V tutorials. Now better start with the real game (oh boyboyboy).

I have to admit I'm more partial to III. I also really liked IV. There was something about V that struck me wrong though. I think it was V and not IV...which one decided to go all hexes on you?

I think many loved it...it didn't do much for me though.

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 9214 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I think it's back to Reckoning or Skryim for me. Mass Effect 3 goes onto my shelf to collect dust after only 1 full play through. Which is a record for me. I've played each of BioWare's games at least twice, before this one.

Zoraptor

Zoraptor

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1599 posts
My remailed copy of ME3 has turned up so I will be playing it, difficult avoiding all the spoilers though I've managed it. Will be interesting to see how Bioware ties all the threads together and what if anything all the C&C add up to.

Tigranes

Tigranes

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 8700 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
The Komnenoi rumble on as rulers of Constantinople.

Empress Antonina, the daughter of Alexios, ended up ruling an astounding 42 years from 1102 to 1146. With 29 diplomacy she defused many would-be civil wars with bribes, titles, soothing words and the occasional imprisonment. I decided that having taken back Anatolia and Armenia Minor, going further East in the Heraklean tradition would be pointless; the Muslims were fractured into many squabbling nations and posed no real threat, while the Crusades had not really begun proper. I focused my attention on conquering Southern Italy and Sicily as a jump-off point back into Europe, even as my over-eager vassals decided to venture far north of the Danube.

She was succeeded by Ioannes III 'the Great', who ironically earned the moniker by pretty much fighting twenty years of civil war. The Danubian Dukes rallied behind a certain Leon who declared himself King of Bulgaria, while many others took up the flag of rebellion. Actually, I wanted to white peace against the Bulgars and let them have an independent kingdom, as my vassals were expanding far too readily northward - but due to the crazy inter-duke warring in decades beforehand, Bulgaria also ended up with several random provinces all over my empire. The map-painter in me urged me to go to war to take those back, but the limited CK2 goals system meant a victory simply absorbed all of Bulgaria back. Unfortunately, the Bogomilist heresy spread to Byzantion around this time, and Ioannes decided to convert to a heresy that probably is followed by less than 10% of the population and nobility. That made the Empire a pretty unstable place, but thankfully, Ioannes kicked the bucket soon after.

So in the 1160s Manuel Komnenos (I'm naming them as close to history as possible) took over. He was a promising lad, if not a genius, but decided to get maimed in his first ever hunting trip at the age of 18. Miraculously, he survived, and healed back to perfect health, and governed for another twenty years, mostly upgrading a lot of provinces, sorting out some pesky dukes and watching Hungary blob into a fiersome neighbour. Now age of 39, he's again incapacitated and his son is only 5 years old. He will probably die soon, and when he does, the empire could well break apart - there's no holding back the dukes with bribes this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users