Obsidian currently working on new secret project?

funcroc

that was fast. But, good. They probably couldn't keep 80+ employees on South Park alone.

What are the chances this is a ex-publisher chipping in? Seems like someone offered them a contract in reaction.

Edited by C2B

Vermont was something older I would imagine, since it Sydney Wolfram (?) working on it and she was laid off like a year ago.

This new project is most likely their kickstarter project. Unless Feargus had an ace up his sleeve with another contract waiting to be signed.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I have a mixed feeling about this. On one hand it's great news, because they have a new project that hopefully will let them stay afloat, but on the other hand, getting a project on such a short notice may not bode well for WHAT the project is. If Faergus got this project just now and it's not a result of some long-term talks closed recently, it may be some crappy/uninteresting license or bad terms (like with Bethesda, or even worse). I really hope it's not like that and a new project will be something awesome. If it's kickstarter, then announce it already and take my money :)

Vermont was something older I would imagine, since it Sydney Wolfram (?) working on it and she was laid off like a year ago.

This new project is most likely their kickstarter project. Unless Feargus had an ace up his sleeve with another contract waiting to be signed.

I wonder if Fader just mistook Vermont with Virginia (Would be weird though). Since Vermont is the 14th state by date of statehood after North Carolina (12th) and Rhode Island (13th)

Well, whatever it is, it didn't stop the layoffs from happening, so at best it's a 10 of Diamonds up his sleeve...

Well, whatever it is, it didn't stop the layoffs from happening, so at best it's a 10 of Diamonds up his sleeve...

Hard to say, it could be many things as PNC was bigger of the two projects they have. It could be a new project for publisher with smaller staff, Kickstarter or a project they are working on to pitch it to publishers.

Hate the living, love the dead.

That second-to-last Need For Speed game had that (time comparison to friends etc.), so it might not be what you're thinking. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Could be a turn based rpg. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the point.

Turn based would be likely. It could also be a WEGO system such as used in the Combat Mission games where 'turns' are resolved simultaneously in real time, once both players have set up their moves.