Wasteland 2 Kickstarter

C2B

this is beautiful

545055_348850028497600_319549084761028_925713_879851924_n.jpg

• Like 3
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Edit: Oh, just noticed, $2.395m not including Paypal. Still approx. 4 days to go. Might actually reach $2.5m

"With $2,431,203 from Kickstarter and $68,910 from Paypal, the Wasteland 2 drive has passed its $2.5M goal with three-and-a-half day to go."
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

this game has a lot of goodwill riding on it... fingers crossed it ends up being satisfactory

• Like 1

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Sure is. Although from the practical point of view, the tail is superfluous. I guess the originality outweighs the unrealistic aspect in this case. Really ****ing cool.

The tail does actually allow more degrees of freedom for that tail minigun to target objects, just from visual observation.

The tail does actually allow more degrees of freedom for that tail minigun to target objects, just from visual observation.

A 360 degree rotating turret equipped with a canon, or minigun if you prefer, would be more effective, as well as simpler to construct, repair and handle through software.

I was hoping for a less wacky post apocalyptic experience than Fallout, but I guess that's out of the question.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Got to admit I know nothing about the original but what interests me about that picture isn't what's in the foreground - it's that it looks like a city with its skyscrapers mostly intact. That, and how lush the greenery is.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Looks like.. Erm.. Transformer, Reaper or Robo-scorpion? I think the tail-gun is a bit too much.. And it looks like it's standing on a road turned into a wet and misty swamp.. I would imagine that a construct of this size and shape would simply sink and disappear into the mud or whatever.. Nice picture though.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Biching at a wallpaper. Internet, never change.

If it's good enough for Khorne, it's good enough for the wasteland. Tail guns are cool...

275755brassscorpionofkh.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

you should check out the Codex in regards to this and similar threads. it's hilarious

Walsingham said:

From what I understand Wasteland did giant robotic scorpions first, so it is everything else that was inspired by it.

Wasteland seems to be getting it right when it comes to designing an rpg, they will not be compromised by a publisher that knows nothing about the genre (Bioware with DA/ME) or have to cater to a gaming system and player demographic which lowers the quality of their work (Bethesda with consoles). I am very optimistic about this project and the openness of the developers, not to mention the developers history's in being involved in many of the most pivotal past rpg's. The, quite frankly, amazing concept art already released is very inspiring, the art direction seems to be going in exactly the right direction.

From what I understand Wasteland did giant robotic scorpions first, so it is everything else that was inspired by it.

Ummm, NO. I think you'll find that if you bother to do a little research, you'll discover that it was Rise of the Triad that first exhibited robotic scorpions! Jesus, are you like 12 or something? Any real gamer would know that.

Rise of the Triad (if it's the same game) was released in 1995. Thats even newer than Games Workshops from 1993. Wasn't Wasteland released in 1988? Sheesh, any real gamer would know that ;)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ummm, NO. I think you'll find that if you bother to do a little research, you'll discover that it was Rise of the Triad that first exhibited robotic scorpions! Jesus, are you like 12 or something? Any real gamer would know that.

You must make so many friends.

Thanks for saving me some trouble Gorth.