RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

demons souls had no marketing and probably sold better than that, surely there must be other factors behind sales of lesser known games?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

demons souls had no marketing and probably sold better than that, surely there must be other factors behind sales of lesser known games?

Demon's Souls spread very slowly, though. But yes, it was mostly due to being somewhat fresh experience.

Binary Domain doesn't offer anything new, that's why nobody really cares about it.

But Sega's marketing is still lacklustre.

Greylord, Max isn't balding, he just shaved his head.

I know...they even show him shaving it in the ads...supposedly so he's in "disguise" or something...who getting a new start or something. Then he blows it by shooting everything in sight!

Even if he shaved it, they make him appear bald...so bald and fat it is. Reminds me of some of their game developers! In fact, striking how he resembles one that can't even run 100 yards...

Yeah, I was a big fan of Max Payne, I might give this new one a shot...but I think they stand a chance of having ruined their franchise with this installment. I'm not really wanting to play a fat bald man that in real life I would outshoot, outrun, and out bullit time.

Demon's Souls spread very slowly, though. But yes, it was mostly due to being somewhat fresh experience.

Binary Domain doesn't offer anything new, that's why nobody really cares about it.

But Sega's marketing is still lacklustre.

I love Sega...but you hit this dead on in my opinion...

Maybe you should replay MP1/2 to refresh your mind and give your memories an anti-nostalgia shock-treatment.

It's not that long when I last played one of em. Still pretty damn entertaining and I still find both games pretty much one of the best shooters released during those years.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Maybe you should replay MP1/2 to refresh your mind and give your memories an anti-nostalgia shock-treatment.

It's not that long when I last played one of em. Still pretty damn entertaining and I still find both games pretty much one of the best shooters released during those years.

So?

MP3 will still wipe it's arse with it.

Gamersgate is offering the entire 1C catalog for $20, which is 80+ games. While a large percentage of them aren't worth playing, the Men of War games were decent, King's bounty series was well received and I enjoyed the Star Wolves games. Also the Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusade seems decent.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Edit: Other news. http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/abrash/

Valve is also investigating wearable computing.

Wearable computing... sounds just as useful as cellphone cameras did at first. But what do I know...

Gamersgate is offering the entire 1C catalog for $20, which is 80+ games. While a large percentage of them aren't worth playing, the Men of War games were decent, King's bounty series was well received and I enjoyed the Star Wolves games. Also the Real Warfare 2: Northern Crusade seems decent.

King's Bounty is silly, but surprisingly good. Worth its price in any sale if you're a fan of turn-based, imho.

And re Max Payne 3: the previous games had that not-so-serious vibe to them, the baseball bat boy and the comics, and MP2 had a TV show with a NY detective who said amusing things like: 'When in my situation, you can only use metaphors...'

I fear it's going to be less like that and more like Max Payne shooting in GTA tech.

Thread getting a bit long. More news this way

:skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein