RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

alan wake was a disaster, and im not a remedy fan anymore.

max payne was still a rad game though. this looks enough like my memories of that game for me to say it looks like a max payne spinoff starring some fat bald dude instead of max.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Valkyrie Profile is the best Japanese game in my book

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i was really excited for alan wake, i love atmospheric and scary games.

unfortunately, alan wake was a badly executed action game set in an atmospheric location. i don't need every game to have amazing action (i love silent hill 2 for example) but alan wake had so much combat in it, it was clear that the developers either wanted to make an action game, or didn't know how else to make a game... a game.

silent hill 2 has some action in it, there are enemies around that must be avoided or killed, but its not really an action game, more survival horror with a strong emphasis on the horror part -with a lot of exploring and some puzzle solving too. alan wake on the other hand was more about shooting shadow people in the woods over and over again than exploring. just my 2 cents, i never finished that game, it was tooooo bad to finish

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I really have trouble seeing anything resembling the first two Max Payne games in that video.

Can't you see? The character jumps like the original Max Payne, plus you've got "Max Payne" in the title. So there!

And the graphics are better, so the game must be better too, see? At least that's what's Morgoth tells us, and I don't see anything wrong with that, because what else is there in a game other than graphics? I mean if you want content, just go read a book, you ****ing weirdo. Games aren't made for aesthetically educated people, games are for school boys who love to shoot **** left and right yo! Don't believe me? Ask Morgoth, man, he'll tell ya, aight?

Edited by Delfosse

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://www.strategyi...erium-alliances

EA ripping off GW, apparently.

Good luck defending that one EA.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

You mean Warhammer right? not Gears of War. But yeah, blatant rip off.

He means Games Workshop, the company behind warhammer.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm surprised there are even Remedy fans left after the disastrous Alan Wake. But whatever.

How exactly was it disastrous? I found it quite entertaining and the atmosphere in the game beats most generic shooters easily.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I'm surprised there are even Remedy fans left after the disastrous Alan Wake. But whatever.

How exactly was it disastrous? I found it quite entertaining and the atmosphere in the game beats most generic shooters easily.

Maybe, but luckily enough, I don't play *generic* shooters. What are you up against today, Flouride? Maybe you should replay MP1/2 to refresh your mind and give your memories an anti-nostalgia shock-treatment.

Maybe, but luckily enough, I don't play *generic* shooters. What are you up against today, Flouride? Maybe you should replay MP1/2 to refresh your mind and give your memories an anti-nostalgia shock-treatment.

Morgoth, sometimes I love you for bringing a smile to my face.

Edited by C2B

http://www.gamasutra...ortem_Waves.php

I love postmortems, so I'm posting it. Waves is an indie game that sold 15k. A full 96% of his sales were from Steam. I wonder if that's a good conversion rate from the demo.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like Max Payne. It is an enjoyable game.

Max Payne 2 was okay, not as good as the first, but okay.

Max Payne 3, no idea how it will be. The fat, bald guy doesn't look like any Max Payne I know though. I know many cops who actually exercised, stayed in shape and ARE NOT fat and bald.

I think MP3 is designed by gamers who want to be Max Payne, they are all fat and bald, but could never do bullit time...so create the vortex of impossibility of someone who can via a computer game.

Will it have the Noir feel to it still? Or will it simply be a Uncharted rehash now? Except instead of a fit guy who travels with fit companions (one who happens to be an older guy who adventures and is NOT fat and bald) it will be a fat, bald guy who somehow acts as if he's 25 and athletic!

On another note: Yes, those tanks from EA certainly do look like a blatant rip of Warhammer 40K designs.

Edited by greylord

When my dad started shaving his head, he said it was to look like Bruce Willis. That's probably the reason Bruce Willis shaves his, too.

Edit: Other news. http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/abrash/

Valve is also investigating wearable computing.

• Like 5
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."