RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

So I guess Resident Evil and FPS don't mix, eh?

sure they do, DOOM was a huge hit back in the day :)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

So I guess Resident Evil and FPS don't mix, eh?

sure they do, DOOM was a huge hit back in the day :)

Shush. I was referring to the just released RE: Operation Raccoon City.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I wonder which designer will be the next to crawl out of oblivion to beg for alms.

People forget that we also had plenty of bad games back in the day when designers were left to their own devices with little or no corporate oversight.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Derek Smart, I say.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wonder which designer will be the next to crawl out of oblivion to beg for alms.

People forget that we also had plenty of bad games back in the day when designers were left to their own devices with little or no corporate oversight.

True. Better we bury this and just go for the publisher model, eliminate all alternatives. Especially the ones relying on people being generous... I mean yuck. Taking chances? That's disgusting.

No, thank god we have exciting projects like Baldurs Gate remakes.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I'm not against Kickstarter I'm just saying that at this point I question the sincerity and passion of some designers. Reappearing after a decade of unremarkable games with tall tales and a bucket load of promises smells suspiciously like taking advantage of our nostalgia.

Its like Metallica announcing they're going to make Master of Puppets 2 and they only need my money to make it work.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Derek Smart, I say.

Molyneux. Would you bet against that?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rton-road-2012-2013-csg?ref=recently_launched

Who or What is Pinkerton Road?

Pinkerton Road is the new game studio started by game veterans Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes. Our focus is 3rd person adventure games for PC and tablet with rich stories, gorgeous art and seamlessly fun play. The studio will use a new model, "Community Supported Gaming" (CSG) to fund and develop their games.

Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines ala Dan Brown. She created the Gabriel Knight adventure game series at Sierra On-Line and the recent Gray Matter. And in the past eight years, she designed and directed leading casual games including Women

Im probably just picking nits here but the Shadowrun kickstart states "for Apple & Android tablets and PCs" but then on the right side of the page under the pledge rewards section it states "A Digital Downloadable copy of the game, DRM free on PC + one totally sweet, exclusive desktop WALLPAPER for your PC, Mac, tablet or mobile device."

So is it definately coming to tablet?

DE: That's why, like always, it's up to the consumer/investor to be smart with his money and make sure the project is what he desires before investing/purchasing. Don't support garbage and you won't get garbage. Twitcher taught me that. R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://www.kickstart...cently_launched

Who or What is Pinkerton Road?

Pinkerton Road is the new game studio started by game veterans Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes. Our focus is 3rd person adventure games for PC and tablet with rich stories, gorgeous art and seamlessly fun play. The studio will use a new model, "Community Supported Gaming" (CSG) to fund and develop their games.

Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines ala Dan Brown. She created the Gabriel Knight adventure game series at Sierra On-Line and the recent Gray Matter. And in the past eight years, she designed and directed leading casual games including Women

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

EA scoop golden poo award.

"Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo." - Consumerist's statement on EA's award.