Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Putin wants to return to the Cold War

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

obyknven

obyknven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 248 posts
LOL! Would you expect Putin saying "Russia needs weak military"? Or ANY other President of ANY other nation? Such a stupid article.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

LOL! Would you expect Putin saying "Russia needs weak military"? Or ANY other President of ANY other nation? Such a stupid article.

In a civilizied country, talk about military shouldn't even be on the table when running for president. But I know where you're coming from...

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4570 posts
  • Backer
Right. Because "civilized" means exclusively sunshine and butterflies, huh? Armed forces are so 4th century BC.

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts

Thinking about it there does need to be some power in the world that can realistically check America.

America is checked by its economic dependency on other countries. If you mean the rise of another military superpower, that would actually lead to the USA trying to exert more control on other countries, not less.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3609 posts
Leopard 2 is the best main battle tank around, a challenger 2 will do in a pinch. The Abrams has limited range and a horrendous heat signature owning to its huge jet engines. They don't even make them anymore, although they still service the current fleet with replacement parts.

So that was me tank trolling, how'd you like them apples.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5462 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Leopard 2 is the best main battle tank around, a challenger 2 will do in a pinch. The Abrams has limited range and a horrendous heat signature owning to its huge jet engines. They don't even make them anymore, although they still service the current fleet with replacement parts.

Think the US Army is going back to diesel engines in their tanks, better fuel economy I suppose. Well that and infantry can follow the tanks without getting burned.

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8236 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Think the US Army is going back to diesel engines in their tanks, better fuel economy I suppose. Well that and infantry can follow the tanks without getting burned.

Figure five gallons to "turn the key" is a wee bit high.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8098 posts
I want atomic tanks. Why are there no atomic tanks?! Whyyy

Calax

Calax

Former Superman

• Members
  • 8236 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Because there's no Yuri taking power in Russia.

obyknven

obyknven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 248 posts

Because there's no Yuri taking power in Russia.

Because russian military like zerg rush.

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2064 posts

If you mean the rise of another military superpower, that would actually lead to the USA trying to exert more control on other countries, not less.

They already are, the situation has them rounding up control of the middle east through the recent revolutions, trying to crack Iran, surround Russia with the "rocket shield" missiles, check the growth of the Chinese navy and cut off their resources in Africa and the Middle East.

Its effectively a full scale global (cold)war and its intensifying with each passing year. It will intensify even more as the US is trying to advance very far, very quickly - I suspect because the hawks in Washington are realising that time is slowly but surely running out and in favour of other states.

Hildegard

Hildegard

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 488 posts

If you mean the rise of another military superpower, that would actually lead to the USA trying to exert more control on other countries, not less.

They already are, the situation has them rounding up control of the middle east through the recent revolutions, trying to crack Iran, surround Russia with the "rocket shield" missiles, check the growth of the Chinese navy and cut off their resources in Africa and the Middle East.

Its effectively a full scale global (cold)war and its intensifying with each passing year. It will intensify even more as the US is trying to advance very far, very quickly - I suspect because the hawks in Washington are realising that time is slowly but surely running out and in favour of other states.

I think you just hate democracy and freedom.

Gfted1

Gfted1

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3901 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
More likely the same Napoleon Complex several of you project.

obyknven

obyknven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 248 posts

democracy <> freedom. In corrupted Russia or in savage Africa you have more personal freedom , then in civilized democratic states.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7258 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

democracy <> freedom. In corrupted Russia or in savage Africa you have more personal freedom , then in civilized democratic states.

Uh no, you really don't. I guess this might depend on what type of freedom you want. In the US I have the freedom to follow any career path I want, to be rewarded for my hard work, and I can even push for change on many different levels of society.

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2064 posts

I hope you're not serious.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3609 posts
Choice is an illusion created between those with power and those without. Who was that again, Nietzsche ?

obyknven

obyknven

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 248 posts

In the US I have the freedom to follow any career path I want, to be rewarded for my hard work, and I can even push for change on many different levels of society.

fix ...and I can even push for change on many different levels of slavery...

Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3609 posts
Google tells me it was the Wachowski brothers. Surely not.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7258 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

In the US I have the freedom to follow any career path I want, to be rewarded for my hard work, and I can even push for change on many different levels of society.

fix ...and I can even push for change on many different levels of slavery...

Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.

Does this include weekends and holidays?

How did you work out the 2/3 number?

Since I spend most of my non-work time taking care of my kids, does that make them slavemasters?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users