Putin wants to return to the Cold War

Humodour

Leopard 2 is the best main battle tank around, a challenger 2 will do in a pinch. The Abrams has limited range and a horrendous heat signature owning to its huge jet engines. They don't even make them anymore, although they still service the current fleet with replacement parts.

So that was me tank trolling, how'd you like them apples.

Think the US Army is going back to diesel engines in their tanks, better fuel economy I suppose. Well that and infantry can follow the tanks without getting burned.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Leopard 2 is the best main battle tank around, a challenger 2 will do in a pinch. The Abrams has limited range and a horrendous heat signature owning to its huge jet engines. They don't even make them anymore, although they still service the current fleet with replacement parts.

So that was me tank trolling, how'd you like them apples.

Think the US Army is going back to diesel engines in their tanks, better fuel economy I suppose. Well that and infantry can follow the tanks without getting burned.

Figure five gallons to "turn the key" is a wee bit high.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I want atomic tanks. Why are there no atomic tanks?! Whyyy

Because there's no Yuri taking power in Russia.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean the rise of another military superpower, that would actually lead to the USA trying to exert more control on other countries, not less.

They already are, the situation has them rounding up control of the middle east through the recent revolutions, trying to crack Iran, surround Russia with the "rocket shield" missiles, check the growth of the Chinese navy and cut off their resources in Africa and the Middle East.

Its effectively a full scale global (cold)war and its intensifying with each passing year. It will intensify even more as the US is trying to advance very far, very quickly - I suspect because the hawks in Washington are realising that time is slowly but surely running out and in favour of other states.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

If you mean the rise of another military superpower, that would actually lead to the USA trying to exert more control on other countries, not less.

They already are, the situation has them rounding up control of the middle east through the recent revolutions, trying to crack Iran, surround Russia with the "rocket shield" missiles, check the growth of the Chinese navy and cut off their resources in Africa and the Middle East.

Its effectively a full scale global (cold)war and its intensifying with each passing year. It will intensify even more as the US is trying to advance very far, very quickly - I suspect because the hawks in Washington are realising that time is slowly but surely running out and in favour of other states.

I think you just hate democracy and freedom.

democracy <> freedom. In corrupted Russia or in savage Africa you have more personal freedom , then in civilized democratic states.

Uh no, you really don't. I guess this might depend on what type of freedom you want. In the US I have the freedom to follow any career path I want, to be rewarded for my hard work, and I can even push for change on many different levels of society.

I hope you're not serious.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

In the US I have the freedom to follow any career path I want, to be rewarded for my hard work, and I can even push for change on many different levels of society.

fix ...and I can even push for change on many different levels of slavery...

Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.

In the US I have the freedom to follow any career path I want, to be rewarded for my hard work, and I can even push for change on many different levels of society.

fix ...and I can even push for change on many different levels of slavery...

Today as always, men fall into two groups: slaves and free men. Whoever does not have two-thirds of his day for himself, is a slave, whatever he may be: a statesman, a businessman, an official, or a scholar.

Does this include weekends and holidays?

How did you work out the 2/3 number?

Since I spend most of my non-work time taking care of my kids, does that make them slavemasters?

You're just not seeing the real story, he wants to go back to the cold war therefore the little gollums built a flaming time machine. It's the plot of many bad video games brought to fruition, now we just need for Putin to build himself a mech suit suitable for an end game boss and an improbably named hero: I vote for Ozymandias Gunn.

Hail to the king of kings baby.

Well i'll be a son of a Gunn.

Talk to the Gun, 'cause the Gunn aint listening.

Good, bad - i'm the man with the Gunn.

This dreck writes itself.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Since by law the "work day" is considered to be 8 hours it looks like we escape the shackles of slavery! W00t, long live capitalism!

People work 8 hours ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

8 hours? what does people do the remaining 4 hours of the workday? :huh:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Since by law the "work day" is considered to be 8 hours it looks like we escape the shackles of slavery! W00t, long live capitalism!

But I thought laissez-faire capitalists hated regulations on the labour market such as worker's unions, minimum wage, and restrictions on shifts such as length and break requirements? The free market will sort it out, no need for regulation.

Edited by Krezack