Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The relationship between Halbech and AP

I dont get it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7013 posts
  • Backer
I've been thinking back on AP for a few days now and I realized I never quite wrapped my head around the main plot.

Spoilers, obviously.

So Halbech wants to sell guns, okay. And they plan on doing that is creating crises to scare the US into buying more arms I assume? Leland tries to achieve this by asking a top secret US government agency they somehow knew about (Marburg I guess), contacted them and successfully coerced it to help create a global cold war. Why? Why aren't the supposedly extremely loyal to the US soldiers uncomfortable with the idea that a rogue agent and his PMC/Armsdealer boss are walking around in a top secret facility? Why did Parker agree to this crap? Why did Westridge agree to this crap?
I don't get it.

Sannom

Sannom

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1267 posts
  • Backer

Why? Why aren't the supposedly extremely loyal to the US soldiers uncomfortable with the idea that a rogue agent and his PMC/Armsdealer boss are walking around in a top secret facility? Why did Parker agree to this crap? Why did Westridge agree to this crap?
I don't get it.

Parker outright tells you that he sees his plan as working in favor of his country. For him, Halbech is the United States and what is good for Halbech, is good for his country. His logic is stupid and he probably just jumped at the prospect of working on his own project, but that's the arguments he gives you.

Westridge is said in his dossier to follow orders without discussion, that's basically the reason why he's going along with Halbech. He perhaps doesn't realize that Leland is the one who asked to his contacts in the government to introduce him to Alpha Protocol.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7013 posts
  • Backer
Hm, I didn't remember Parker saying that. Thanks for the answers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users