Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Editions Announced

Lorfean

"I suggest that NWN2 had sold 1+ million copies (wich is fair for a PC exclusive: same as the glorified TW2). The links above talked about the sales of the franchise before MoTB and SoZ (it was Atari's announcement of Mask of the Betrayer). And I suggest that NWN1 sales after 2004 are not that relevant considering that it's a game of 2002. Having said that, maybe I'm wrong: so if you can find me some piece of info about sales that contradicts my links above I will admit being wrong without any problem."

The BIo site itseklf despite not being updated in years.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...compression technology has come a long way since#baldursgate shipped. The audio quality will be superior

That's the first real thing that's gonna be an actual improvement. Although I really liked the old compressed voices in obviously low quality with gurgle noise. There was something about it.

Yep, though I asked about it earlier and he said (then) that they didn't have original audio assets for _everything_. So we might get occasional cases of terribad compression. Again.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Volourn's insistent rantings aside, I think most gamers from our generation who are familiar with Bioware's name can recognise BG1 for the genius that it was.

My personal opinion is that BG1 and KOTOR are Bioware's two best games so far. BG1 was certainly the most talked about RPG in my peer groups throughout primary and high-school (after the Fallouts).

• Like 1

!

We are looking at dumping our client for #bgee. We think it is cool, but the market is talking and we're listening.

The plan was for #baldursgate Enhanced Edition to be a pure digital distribution title. From fan interest we are looking into a box version
Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I told you these guys were serious!

Seriously after your money at least.

My guess is the next tweet is:

"We heard bronies want to ride a pony in BGEE so we put that in."

And Gabe and Ray are after what, your love?

Relax, they're not going to force feed you the new edition.

That's... disturbing.

Seriously though. Since you are apparently following this quite closely, have they mentioned any changes to common hardcoded annoyances? I'm thinking stuff like <CHARNAME> petrification/imprisonment = game over, fully charmed party = game over, etc. That's the kind of thing that should be a piece of cake for pro developers to fix, but has been known to cause no end of grief to players.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The funny thing is that fan fixpacks have put almost all of these issues to bed over the past twelve years - a full BG TuTu install properly done and modded is probably the most stable IE experience you'll ever have.

How does it work if a developer wants to use a modder's content - does the original EULA mean that the modder in effect doesn't own it so, say, Trent and Co could use it?

sonsofgygax.JPG

^Yeah, peeps have found creative workarounds such as making Imprisonment work as a long-duration Maze spell and petrification a stun-like effect, but charm is still a problem. Especially if you are soloing.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That's... disturbing.

Seriously though. Since you are apparently following this quite closely, have they mentioned any changes to common hardcoded annoyances? I'm thinking stuff like <CHARNAME> petrification/imprisonment = game over, fully charmed party = game over, etc. That's the kind of thing that should be a piece of cake for pro developers to fix, but has been known to cause no end of grief to players.

I've no idea. Nothing regarding gameplay fixes has been mentioned so far. It should be a pretty minor thing to fix, if they're aware of it.

There's a huge list of things players want to see on a topic at the Beamdog forums, I'll check at some point to see if its there I didn't bookmark the page so I have to look for it all over again.

• Like 1

We are looking at dumping our client for #bgee. We think it is cool, but the market is talking and we're listening.

That's great news. Thanks Drowsy. I would have bought the game no matter what but being able to avoid installing another client after Steam and that pile of **** called Origins is a big plus for me.

• Like 1

Bah, even I, the pussiest of **** gamers have no problem with those. Wasted resources, working as intended.

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Not really, it's caused a lot of problems for, say, mods that want a different story or something. You want to give that flexibility.. though I'm sure modders would rather have had that 10 years ago.

"And Gabe and Ray are after what, your love?

Relax, they're not going to force feed you the new edition."

That's hilarious! When in doubt, attack the docs... who without, BG would not even exist so this silly Kickstarter would not even be here. L0LZ

More and more and more, this BG Kickstarter sounds stupid. At least the Wasteland one has awesome potential.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Are you too dumb to notice that Gabe Newell and Ray Muzyka were chosen randomly? Guess you are, because you think there's a BG kickstarter too.

gallery_68619_26348_14713532714ba38b816d3ae.gif

• Like 2

Bah, even I, the pussiest of **** gamers have no problem with those. Wasted resources, working as intended.

True...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"