Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Nepenthe, I hope you're right about ME3's soundtrack being more like that of the first game, because the second game's music was just boring and generic, it left me completely cold. ME1's soundtrack, on the other hand, really stuck with me - it was unique, it was interesting, and it fit the atmosphere *so damn well.*

Agreed, completely. The score was my only disappointment with ME2. And, dare I say it, it was a rather large one.

Later edit: I've understood that most of the more electronic tracks in the ME1 score were penned by Hulick, so I'm really glad to see him back.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Anyone who doesn't like that at least a little tiny bit hasn't a soul.

He is one of my absoulte favorite composers (for movies).. I hope he plays a big role in the ME3 soundtrack.

Hans Zimmer didn't perform to my expectations on Crysis 2 (but I hold the developers responsible) and Harry Gregson Williams did the Metal Gears series so he's aces in my book (not to mention the OST for Spy Game) So i'm 1 out of 2 for my favorite composers working on games, time to see if Clint adds to that number.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Apparently, the ME3 demo has been leaked on XBL.

If you wanna watch a video of the first 2 missions and don't mind spoilers, click here.

RPG mechanics are expanded from ME2 - good, but still not as nice as they were in ME1.

Combat looks identical to that of ME2, right down to that ****ing Global Cooldown (ugh, **** that).

Art direction is a bit less grimdark (hooray!), and though it's a bit early to call it does seem the soundtrack is less orchestral and bland than ME2's.

The character animations and cinematics are really great, I'm not going to deny that. I hope the content is good enough to match, though.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

If you wanna watch a video of the first 2 missions and don't mind spoilers, click here.

No leak, they've been handing out early release codes for days.

Gameplay is so-so, but the sound design is terrific.

Will probably pick it up, and then join the complain-locomotive on these forums later.

Of course gameplay was so-so, the guy playing was a complete idiot :p

But, as usual, this type of game will be made or broken by what ties the missions together. Even for the people who'll say "screw this, I'm gonna go play Space Marine", which I'll never understand. ;)

Well, gonna try the demo when it hits PC.

Then wait till it's discounted like with the other two ME's (and heck, pretty much all games. Allows one to avoid titles like DA2. No pre-ordering for me...)

A stupid plot is far more forgivable for 20 euro than for 50 euro. And maybe one even finds the gold edition with all DLC...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Visuals are nice, cinematics not too shabby either. Music sounds like a copy of Vangelis' old movie soundtracks style wise (which is good). But Jeebus, whoever thought that combat system was a good idea needs a special Chinese Hell with all kinds of unpleasantness set aside for him =]

I wonder if you need to create new EA account to play the demo.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I still want the demo more for the Omni Daggers than to see ME3.... Either Kingdoms of Amalur is a lot better than I was giving it credit for, or I'm just not as into ME as much as I thought I was.

Idential gameplay to ME2 sounds good to me though. That was the major reason I enjoyed ME and ME2.

Edited by BobSmith101

Erm ... Gossssssszzzzzzz.... Watching those demos was a truly yawnsome, monotonous and boring experience. No witty remarks, no irony, no humorous battlecries, nothing to break a laughter, chuckle or a smile, just noise, strings in the background and kill this and more of that remainders.. Can't really say it was spoilerish, because it was pretty much what I was expecting and fearing.. More of the same pompous nerf-hearding slightly interactive video play.. Phew. That was quite a toll.. I wonder.. Seriously.. Erm.. What's going to keep me awake through this game? I am baffled, bottled, boggled. Ugh. Pardon me, I think I am having a fatigue attack. The only thing that really kept me awake through this was that loud german commercial that started playing everytime I turned my head in my sleep on the keyboard..

Wish Bioware would replace Mark Meer as the voice of Shepard with Jon St. John (Duke Nukem). Hail to the king.

Seems that there are a few improvements, more powers, grenades and acrobrrrratics.. but everything looks more cluttered and confusing somehow. I didn't see much use of the melee Omni-tool.. Not sure if it came up once, my brain was beginning to lag.. I am really curious about that Choose Your Experience option (picking Action, Role Playing or Story)..

It was just a demo.. Hopefully a very old and scrapped demo..

(Signatures: disabled) 

Well the Kingdoms of Amalur demo was so-so (very glitchy and lacking in some sound etc.) but the game itself has been something of a revelation. I'm not going to worry too much about the demo as long as the basics are intact. It's not like you can blame the demo for the skill of the person playing it. Kind of reminds me of whoever was playing Dragons Dogma at TCG, where do they find these people....

Hm, I wouldn't say anything in those videos were spoilerish as such, and they've pretty much shown that whole introduction and first mission off before now.

Although I would say Shepherds wrists/hands looked really small compared to his arms and body in the cinematics..

So nothing really fresh shown off about the game mechancis. And of course, since it's the introductory mission, it's keeping it fairly simple to show the player the basics.

I'll play the demo to see how it all feels, and I'm keeping my pre-order on track because I do want to wrap up the trilogy just to see what they do with it, and I'm curious about which choices will turn out to have effects - whether small or large.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a feeling I was missing something, because it was just too boring to watch, so I looked up the demos via Bioware's own site. Aha.. (oh noes!!11!!1!) It's all about Kinetic. So that's the fun factor.. Hmm..

(Signatures: disabled) 

The touching moment with the evacuee kid is still funny.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra