What you did today

Rosbjerg

.. Just one serious freaking cursing streak at the pc. Running errands, got home, put the kettle on and checked email.

Game - (the company) have just done a "We'd like to thank you for the 8 month preorder of ME3 Collectors Edition. We won't be giving it to you. To say sorry, here's a 5 pound voucher for the next game you order from us."

>_<

Edit:

For any other UK folks who've just been hit by this; http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1264480/uk_where_to_buy_the_mass_effect_3_n7_collectors_edition.html

Gee, it's wonderful to hear this so close to the release date.

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hah, sucks for you guys. :p

We're getting winter like weather here, amazed at how mild our winter has been. Of course I suspect this will lead to us having a brutally hot summer, which some fools will love - 40 C weather is really awesome, apparently. Meh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did I tell you folks I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse last week? We had just got our tax return, so I decided to treat my wife to a nice dinner. I had never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse, so I had no idea what to expect.

First off, you go fill up a plate with sides and salads on your own, buffet style. I was surprised by this at a fancy restaurant, but the sides were good. Then you sit down and turn a little block of wood over indicating you are ready for meat. A server comes over with a cut and gives you a piece. You can take as much as you want. The crazy thing here is that there were 14 different pieces of meat going around the restaurant. I didn't realize how important pacing was, I took seconds on a couple things before I tried everything.

These are really good pieces of meat too, my favorite was the filet mignon and the mutton. I only managed to get through 7 of the types of meat, so I definitely didn't try them all. Next time I go to a place like this, I need to remember, light on the side dishes, and just one cut per type of meat.

It was a very fun experience. I also didn't bother to look at the prices ahead of time (there is no menu) so when I received my $100 bill for the dinner, I was a bit surprised. It came out to $40 a plate for the two of us, which isn't cheap, but for a special occasion it was reasonable enough. I think it might be the first time my wife and I have cracked the $100 mark on a dinner.

Hurlie's post above reminds me of how vast the general price differences can be with games still costing roughly the same. I think it goes a long way of explaining my attitude towards dlc etc., living in one of the most expensive cities in the world.

.. Just one serious freaking cursing streak at the pc. Running errands, got home, put the kettle on and checked email.

Game - (the company) have just done a "We'd like to thank you for the 8 month preorder of ME3 Collectors Edition. We won't be giving it to you. To say sorry, here's a 5 pound voucher for the next game you order from us."

>_<

Edit:

For any other UK folks who've just been hit by this; http://www.nowgamer....rs_edition.html

Gee, it's wonderful to hear this so close to the release date.

Well, even I've been aware of the problems Game's been having, so it doesn't really come as a surprise. You're aware of the other dealers they're offloading the stock to?

(Edit: mental note, read the link before posting) :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Watched my husband fiddle with the Windows 8 pre-release build. From my perspective, it sucks. The Metro stuff especially.

If this is what the "masses" end up wanting as a PC O/S....I am disappoint.

Edit: Also....RIP Davy Jones. Your cheerful voice will be in my playlists forever.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Missed my train due to curry. Those who understand will understand all too well.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Missed my train due to curry. Those who understand will understand all too well.

Had green curry chicken for dinner today... :yes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I assume you punished that porcelain throne without mercy.

• Like 2

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Work is all the more bearable for the plan to go the bookstore at lunch, gonna nab the three newest HH books and maybe one on Python.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Work is all the more bearable for the plan to go the bookstore at lunch, gonna nab the three newest HH books and maybe one on Python.

HH?

Horus Heresy series. Which is is just really Warhammer 30k as they've not really moved along the heresy path that much over the books (I think we're up to post-Istvaan V and Calth?), but still have found most to be an entertaining bit of pulp reading.

Ahh righty. I've only read two of those so far. Horus Rising and Legion.

Well you've read two of the better ones. Bad habit of myself I suppose, start on some media series then I have to finish it. :lol: At least the books aren't too pricey.

Some errands around the village - the sun had set, the air had that slightest of breezes, and a light fog that grew thicker as it wound up the trees and gave all the street lights that hazy effect on all the area around.

Horus Heresy series. Which is is just really Warhammer 30k as they've not really moved along the heresy path that much over the books (I think we're up to post-Istvaan V and Calth?), but still have found most to be an entertaining bit of pulp reading.

They're very mixed, and certainly not above pulp quality in parts. But there's a few gems in there too.

I'm going to re-reading Exile Kiss, by George Alec Effinger.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I assume you punished that porcelain throne without mercy.

It was like a Vietnam film up in there. Sheets of napalm.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Apparently my cousin got into a BBC news piece

http://www.bbc.com/t...wn-destinations

"We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee."

What the hell? :lol:

Try .co.uk? For those wondering, my cousin is Tom who had to get his shoes on.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Heh, for the random interest .. Mars close enough that you can see it glow red in the sky with the unaided eye...

And so far the night sky is completely cloud free. I'm tempted to go out with a small bottle of port, a fine cigar, my ipod to listen to some Two Steps From Hell, and see if I can spot it....

Heh, for the random interest .. Mars close enough that you can see it glow red in the sky with the unaided eye...

And so far the night sky is completely cloud free. I'm tempted to go out with a small bottle of port, a fine cigar, my ipod to listen to some Two Steps From Hell, and see if I can spot it....

I approve of that plan. Instead it's the Full Monty soundtrack and (hopefully) some of the final paragraphs in my dissertation. Looking forward to having a life again, and even sort of the the working out necessary to drop the massive amount of weight I picked up between my ex leaving and me sitting indoors writing this thing at lightspeed for the past two years.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif