What you did today

Rosbjerg

Gave out chocolate domestically and internationally.

Doing my part for the market.

"Valentine's Day can be a lot like your taste in chocolate. Sometimes its soft and gooey. Othertimes its just dark and bitter..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hm, my sister is sort of the same way. I probably should leave home soon, can't really think of any real need to - other than directly paying the bills, heh. Got back to working in the office, felt like stabbing people after 30 minutes. Also need to work on my resume tonight too.

On the bright side, my dog's about 90% recovered from his back surgery so can take him for walks.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't if I have been living boring uneventful life or was I just in the right place at the right time, but today happened the greatest thing in my life so far. During Rammstein's encore Apocalyptica came on stage and the played together Mein Herz Bernnt. It was like having sex with two women at the same time, but instead of women they would be large sweaty men with guitar and cello shaped ****. It was epic.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I don't if I have been living boring uneventful life or was I just in the right place at the right time, but today happened the greatest thing in my life so far. During Rammstein's encore Apocalyptica came on stage and the played together Mein Herz Bernnt. It was like having sex with two women at the same time, but instead of women they would be large sweaty men with guitar and cello shaped ****. It was epic.

??????

I don't know how but you have described the most awesomest thing ever in the gayest way possible.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My Father-in-law has stabilized, but he is going to be in the hospital for awhile, and will need to go into a care center for awhile afterwards. Basically he needs to lose weight and get his heart and kidneys back in shape. After that he is unlikely to work again, which is fine, he is 61 and has spent his life working 6 days a week, so it's time to focus on himself. He got moved out of ICU today, so I will take the kids to visit him tomorrow.

My wife and I have a bunch of stuff to figure out. First thing is to get him moved out of the house he is renting. We are going to put everything in storage until we know more. He will need to live with someone, probably my mother-in-law. They are divorced, but they have a good relationship, he drove truck for her business for years.

Next we have to figure out how disability and social security work, and all that. Power of attorney was given to his son earlier so we can start doing paperwork for it.

Anyways, there is a lot to learn, but I'm hopeful he can make a good recovery and still has some good years left ahead.

Anybody knows how to deal with a possum?

Maybe GuardDog has a spare coyote he could lend you?

Read somewhere the best way is to bait a trap with cat food from tin and then deport it to somewhere away from your place.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sorry to hear about your father in law, Hurlshot. Hope your wife is coping OK.

~~

My Valentines woo-fest got out of whack and I had to spend two days effectively holding station, but once launched totally successful. Probably a first for surprise presents of creativeness. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Call animal control, if you have such a service available. We had a couple in my old neighborhood. You shouldn't risk dealing with it yourself.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You can try a live opossum trap. My coworker used the same thing for a raccoon infestation he had in his attic. Or a pellet gun should work. I dont like poisons though, I feel they are cruel.

:lol:..... :down: No, like I won't hurt animals but 60 bucks for a trap is just too much. Anyways it's gone and I didn't have to hit with a stick.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

??????

I don't know how but you have described the most awesomest thing ever in the gayest way possible.

Thank you. I did my best.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Meanwhile, spending the saturday working on my dissertation and sipping on some 18yo Glenlivet. Never drink whiskey under the age of consent, kids.

Happy word's autocorrect also no longer chokes on big documents on the new computer, it's coming in handy.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Enjoying the spectacle outside our lunchroom windows. We have a pair of Water Dragons, a red bellied male and what we assume is the smaller female (real world lizards, not the fantasy monsters) that has grown accustomed to getting fed. While they eat the ham and chicken they get served, it's nothing compared to the feeding frenzy when there is cheese on the menu. Since the bush turkeys and crows also seems to have taken a liking to the cheese, there is sometimes growling, flapping, hissing and a lot of threatening gestures taking place when there is little or no cheese left. Who needs TV anyway? :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Have begun a conspiracy to bump off English football pundits (well ok, maybe not Alan Smith). Also have a day off today, best election bribe we've ever received from our provincial government - always nice to have a public holiday, although some people seriously argue against it as it costs us productivity.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm watching Steven Fry travel through America and he just got done with a pair of hippies who live in a former nuke bunker.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watched Fight Club and V for Vendetta on AMC. Funny that they would pick such an anarchist lineup for president's day, a coincidence if you believe in them.

• Like 1

village_idiot.gif

Didn't actually manage to fall asleep in bed till around 5am'ish. And currently ploddign along with a dull headache.

I think I'll chalk most of the day up to as vaguely lost and just drink tea....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Bad: Had to package my video card up for RMA today. The fan bearing was going bad, and making a lot of noise.

Good: The new keyboard arrived. Ooh... Clicky! (It was $20 off the listed price when I ordered, so I decided to splurge.) It's an extravagance, but even my wife said "Oh, that is satisfying" when I had her try it out.

Also: I had to take some work IT training on Office-related stuff while they updated some other stuff my computer. On the otherwise-generic computers in the training lab, the one I sat at had, of all things, a circa-1990 Guns n' Roses publicity photo sitting on the desktop. I spent most of the training session inserting it into all the practice files they had us messing with and trying not to giggle at the result.

Watching a f**king tarball extract while I try to calculate what the appropriate moping time is after a relationship ends. Is rather entertaining though, trying to quantify the various factors and get a relation between them all. :lol:

Watching the soap opera that is Australian politics on the morning news. Glad I'm not allowed to vote. The choice is effectively between somebody whose tools are lies, poison and daggers in the back (the current PM) versus somebody who is just a moronic simpleton (the opposition party). Yay for democracy.