What you did today

Rosbjerg

While reading a post from one of the more literate members of the board, I made a wiktionary lookup on the word moran - just in case I'm missing something... and indeed, it all makes sense now!

Also played some 12 bar blues today. Happy.

I made the same search and was surprised to find that a moran isn't a moron with bad spelling.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm probably going to end up with a D in my History 411 course... but I learned two things about it.

1) The teacher is probably getting fired (He'd told us "I'm fed up with the educational system and thus I'm quitting" before), or at least not offered tenure because, as my favorite teacher put it "He's boring, he's terrible at teaching, and can't get anything published".

2) I'm am not the only one, by a long shot, to have gone to academic advising to complain (and promptly be sent to the department chair). Still need to go back to the adviser though to figure out how to mitigate the disaster this is shaping up to be.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm probably going to end up with a D in my History 411 course... but I learned two things about it.

1) The teacher is probably getting fired (He'd told us "I'm fed up with the educational system and thus I'm quitting" before), or at least not offered tenure because, as my favorite teacher put it "He's boring, he's terrible at teaching, and can't get anything published".

2) I'm am not the only one, by a long shot, to have gone to academic advising to complain (and promptly be sent to the department chair). Still need to go back to the adviser though to figure out how to mitigate the disaster this is shaping up to be.

That is a mess. I once walked out of a class when I got a bad vibe from the professor. It was the last day to drop the class and still get a refund so I couldn't waste time with him.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Vaya con Dios todos amigos! Voy a Hermasillo en el Domingo.

It's been fun but I've got to back to work. You guys be good until I get back!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Chuckling at how small talk with coworkers ended up becoming a discussion on the effects of different calibers and types of bullets.

Weirdly, that is exactly how I ended today.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Chuckling at how small talk with coworkers ended up becoming a discussion on the effects of different calibers and types of bullets.

With different calibre bullets? :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Actually it was more to do with bullet forms and their characteristics in different mediums. Thinking back if we'd carried on long enough I guess we'd have asked the question exactly how to make a macarena round.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Actually it was more to do with bullet forms and their characteristics in different mediums. Thinking back if we'd carried on long enough I guess we'd have asked the question exactly how to make a macarena round.

For some obscure reason, that reminds me of the Muppet skit with the Swedish Chef making donuts...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bokishi is one year older, today. Happy Brithday!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Birthday salutations then.

Really didn't feel like getting out of bed today.. But the sun is shining, it seems summer is breaking out here..,

The dogs are being all needy and playful. Couldn't even finish my first cup of tea in peace.

Updated my antivirus software, told it to do a "quick scan" and then it spent 20 minutes doing that.. and my system pretty much slowed down to the pace of a dead cow with broken ankles for the entire duration. >_<

If I'm not careful, I'm going to turn into a "grumpy old man" a few decades early..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just got back form a school trip to Yosemite. I'm exhausted, and now I need to go replace the microwave that broke while I was away.

It was an interesting trip though. On day one a student disclocated her knee cross country skiing. We had to carry her on a stretcher through about 200 yards of knee deep snow. Her father was a chaperone, so he took her to the hospital. Then I lost another chaperone that day because a death in the family. It left us pretty short handed for the trip, but luckily the rest was smooth sailing.

Slept ten hours. Feel groggy as hell. :)

What a week. Next week is either going to be legendary or it's going to be a disaster. There is an outside chance I may have to resign my job because I disagree with policy. Good to have to put your money where your mouth is occasionally!

-Elwood Blues

Also when the jackpot is really large, a near miss is still a very sizable win.

It's really just fun escapism to play the lottery though, for a few bucks you can daydream about what it would be like to be instantly rich.

• Like 1

The former doesn't play into the "hope" aspect and the latter is too much effort and hard work as opposed to the escapism from effort and hard work that a lottery works for.

I get what you're saying, I too think playing the lottery is a waste of money because the likelyhood of returns is just very, very small, but it does offer something besides that.

Typically when I daydream about poker or blackjack, I eventually drift back to the reality that it is a very easy way to lose a lot of money fast. The lottery is such a small risk for a very large reward.

edit: Oh, lottery profits help education, so technically I benefit from the few dollars I might spend on tickets :)

Edited by Hurlshot

I don't think people understand just how miniscule the chance of winning really is.

The odds are astronomical, 1 in 176 million, but somebodys eventually going to win (three winning tickets in this case). So a mere five dollar investment buys you the chance for instant retirement.

Fell asleep, dreamt I was at a reception celebrating the end of WW2. Goebbels and Goering were there, in back and white filmgrain as you remember them from the clips. Everything else in color, except the potato mash. There was a guy who came up to the front desk and kept nagging them for heroine, but he wasn't allowed because his previous dose had'nt run out. I stole rather a lot of coins and a little antique keyring with a swastika on it from the lost and found drawer.

The potato mash was tasteless, but everything else was delicious.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.