What you did today

Rosbjerg

Yeesh. Just spent 3 hours "helping" my dad put in a new dishwasher... oh the joys.

Now time for tea and snack break...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's the joys of working with the family. One, he can upon occasion, fairly rock the whole passive-aggressive style. Two, he wants help but explicitly on his terms and the way he wants it done. Three, if he's saying how to do something, and you do it and it's wrong, you were obviously not paying attention to his comments.. Four, he has a habit of moving stuff out of his way and putting it exactly where he'll want to be moving 5 minutes from now, and then start complaining because there's stuff in the way.

It's that typical, long, hard slog..and it's just surviving through it and getting the job done. Any arguments over it, just means the job doesn't get done and is a lot of hassle for no payoff.

Defrosted a freezer at work today. Was amazed to find an ice cube tray afterwards.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Defrosted a freezer at work today. Was amazed to find an ice cube tray afterwards.

I've had that happen too, the minifreezer I had in my student housing back in the day had a leaky door and which resulted in massive ice build up.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm actually OK with Breivik getting publicity. The more he talks the stupider he sounds.

Largely, but not entirely recovered from that fever last week. Can't stop coughing, though. Weird.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It is 11pm at night in Australia in Autumn in La Nina. The temperature outside is 16 degrees. That's pretty warm. I mean, I'm sitting on my chair naked, and I don't feel cold. The weather has been chaotic here for a while now. I mean, we're used to extremes - it is Australia - but now the weather also changes so rapidly between days and even hours.

Thinking I'm really sleep deprived or sick. Will have to try to get to bed before 2330 tonight.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sick again. Ever since I moved last May, I've been getting sick more and more often. I wonder if that's connected, and if so, how.

Is the air being properly filtered in the new place? Mold? Allergens?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I got new glasses.

Everyone tells me I look younger. I'm not sure if they mean it, or if they're humoring me... :mellow:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sick again. Ever since I moved last May, I've been getting sick more and more often. I wonder if that's connected, and if so, how.

Maybe you just feel more anxious in your new place

try roaring while beating your chest

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Maybe you just feel more anxious in your new place

try roaring while beating your chest

So... you do that often? :)

But I second that, less stressful environments are more healthy naturally.

I got new glasses.

Everyone tells me I look younger. I'm not sure if they mean it, or if they're humoring me... :mellow:

Are you closer to the sexy librarian look or the sexy accountant look?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I got new glasses.

Weird, no one notices my new ones when I get them, which to be honest is nice as I need them to see not be fashionable :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have got to get off my butt and go buy a different SB audio card...this one has that funky thing where it doesn't record internal sound in most program use (no 'what u hear'). Fraps works fine (it's own recorder/format?) but nothing else does. Annoying when I can't use Fraps, haha.

Spent the afternoon playing games and enjoying the sunny day. It's almost hot in my office/gaming room! Roast beef for dinner then...uh...more video gaming!

Weird, no one notices my new ones when I get them, which to be honest is nice as I need them to see not be fashionable :p

Most don't notice when I change either, but that's because I usually try to get ones that look very similar to my old ones. heh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well tis been off/on raining hard and hammering the windows.. Although I had a wee bit of a headache, I just felt really comfortable and warm in bed so was a serious effort to actually get up...

But the day moves ever onwards..

Hm, one of my friends has apparently found their 5 1/2 year relationship ended, so I shall make general attempts to let them know I'm around if they need a vent or such like. Give some ponderings on how I might be able to cheer them up in the near future.

I got new glasses.

Neither. :mellow:

I need them to see as well. The world's a blobby impressionist painting without them.

Maybe its because I'm a supervisor now, and everyone who noticed is either a potential employee or family... :getlost::lol:

Edited by Amentep

I got new glasses.

Neither. :mellow:

So somewhere in between? Cool :thumbsup:

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Happy birthday!

And just wait for the type of sigh you'll do when you turn 30...