RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

I'm looking forward to it too, but calling it the most beautiful and fun game ever is a big overstatement.

Also, learn what the edit button does. It's not that hard, even you can do it.

I agree with Morgoth, GW2 looks weak, and also very generic. I didn't get into the original story, I doubt this one will be better.

Also that was one of Morgoth's tamer criticisms, I'm surprised Oner got so mad about it.

Perhaps he wasn't expecting a non-bioware game to meet with any kind of criticism on this forum. ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I agree with Morgoth, GW2 looks weak, and also very generic. I didn't get into the original story, I doubt this one will be better.

Also that was one of Morgoth's tamer criticisms, I'm surprised Oner got so mad about it.

I assume by generic you're referring to the graphics. Which I frankly don't get. For one, they went for a "painterly aesthetic" (to quote the lead artist), and I've yet to see any WoW gelatenous men in huge spiky armor. Watch the homeland trailers, then explain to me how they look weak.*

If you were referring to the gameplay, then I suggest actually reading up on it.

And as I said, I'm not mad. I'm tired of his moronic "I hate everything hurr-durr" comments.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQfprmoSRiI

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/human-race-guild-wars-2/718726

Edited by Oner

It looks kinda nice in a girly way, but I wonder why the design isn't more pink in general. That girl really seemed to enjoy it and she had action bar lined up with all the pink'ish purple skills.. I felt a little sorry for her, that she had to cram all the cuddly cuteness into such a dull, bland, brown and boring interface. Seriously.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Perhaps he wasn't expecting a non-bioware game to meet with any kind of criticism on this forum. ;)

It's funny actually, GW2 offers pretty much everything TOR does (SP story, AFAIK full VA, etc) without looking and playing like a SW themed WoW total conversion. Yet most people here ignore it altogether while they're all over TOR just because it has BioWare stamped on it. ;)

It looks kinda nice in a girly way, but I wonder why the design isn't more pink in general. That girl really seemed to enjoy it and she had action bar lined up with all the pink'ish purple skills.. I felt a little sorry for her, that she had to cram all the cuddly cuteness into such a dull, bland, brown and boring interface. Seriously.

Did Morgoth multiply when I wasn't looking?

One, it's a married woman with several kids, two, that's purple, not pink, 3, purple is the mesmer class' "signature" color, 4, brown interface, really? That's the best you could come up with?

Well the poor victimized company does get brought up in threads for no reason, hmm, always funny how that works. It will be interesting to see if GW2 sucks any life out of TOR.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The graphics are serviceable, it just isn't stylized enough for my tastes. As I said, they seem rather generic with a strong dose of bloom. Unfortunately the story also seems rather generic. I played the original a fair amount, and I never found the storyline particularly engaging. I noticed they went with a bit of a steampunk vibe this time around, but again it still seems rather...generic.

That's really the only way I can describe it, I guess.

A guildie told me they hired some new writers, and the quality is noticably better if you look at some blog posts.

I've played through most of the first game at this point and they really became better at writing/storytelling with each expansion. Not perfect, but leagues better.

They have put one of the most over the top games on the planet on sale for 5 bucks today on steam. Just Cause 2.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.