Updated Forums

The Guildmaster

Hi everyone,

Today we upgraded our forums which now include a lot of features you have come to know and love on other, more modern boards. We're going to continue to evolve the forums over the coming months and we welcome your feedback. If you notice any problems, please reply here and let us know!

The blog section of the forums is currently closed however; we're going to migrating those over to our blogs site at blog.obsidian.net.

If you see any weird graphics or things just not looking correctly, it might just be that your browser needs a quick hard refresh. On most Windows-based browsers you can hit Ctrl-F5.

Fixes (thanks for the reports!):

- Toned down the edit box under edited posts so it's not so loud.

- Interests is no longer displayed in the poster's profile area.

- Quotes on posts and signatures older than the upgrade should appear correctly now.

- Emoticons/smileys should be working correctly again.

- Overlap issue of "edited" box and attachment icons is fixed.

Thanks!

The Guildmaster

• Like 4

quotes are borked :skeptical: in my browser at least (latest Firefox ver.)

and finally the Like button! xenforo is pretty cool, eh

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

What? Change? But I don't like change! I'm young and set in my ways! I don't like this one bit, no sir!

Seconding the "quotes are broken" from above. Also, the "this message has been edited" bar overlaps with images that are attached to the post. Like this:

BlIRX.jpg

Edited by Deraldin

What? Change? But I don't like change! I'm young and set in my ways! I don't like this one bit, no sir!

Seconding the "quotes are broken" from above. Also, the "this message has been edited" bar overlaps with images that are attached to the post. Like this:

BlIRX.jpg

YOU FAIL AS A CHANGING UNDERLING OF THE MAN!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

@Deraldin: I'm running a process that will probably take a couple hours but will hopefully clean up the old quotes. It should (in theory) fix the issue Deraldin reported above too with the attachment icons overlapping the edit message.

@Enoch: One of those still exists at least - if you look at the bottom right of a post way down at the bottom, there should be a link back to the sub-forum itself.

2 things I miss: the little drop down menu that let you quickly switch between sub-fora, and the link at the bottom of each page of results that let you quickly go back to the parent forum.

Okay, I either didn't notice it the first time, or issue 2 has already been resolved.

Is there no way to increase the number of posts per page anymore? I can't seem to find an option for that.

I would also suggest removing the "Interests" section from people's posts otherwise you can end up with things like this:

KCWnC.jpg

Edited by Deraldin
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone - please do keep the feedback coming. It has been awhile since we upgraded the fora infrastructure. for the last year Admin has been busy with lots else, but the Bot issue finally pushed toward this recent upgrade. I cannot guarantee 'hopes' will be implemented, but broken or non-functioning aspects will be dealt with asap based on feedback!

F

• Like 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Thanks everyone - please do keep the feedback coming. It has been awhile since we upgraded the fora infrastructure. for the last year Admin has been busy with lots else, but the Bot issue finally pushed toward this recent upgrade. I cannot guarantee 'hopes' will be implemented, but broken or non-functioning aspects will be dealt with asap based on feedback!

F

Not something broken, just an aesthetic change I would like to see:

Could the *edited post* be a liitle less orange? Or not so big?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif