Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I want ALPHA PROTOCOL 2 or similar videogame! Please!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

ryden

ryden

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 3 posts
Obsidian try to convince SEGA, or create a similar project for Alpha Protocol for another publisher.

For me, Alpha Protocol is one of the most brilliant ideas you had, instead of promoting NEW VEGAS who genuinely is really ugly, you make a new Alpha Protocol 2 or similar game, so why miss a game platform in the market VG.

In italy there are so many kids waiting for a sequel to this game, because the only defects were:

-the graphics, animations and camera view a little jerky.

the rest was simply divine.
  • Jancarius, Kindo, kaiki and 1 other like this

Troller

Troller

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 283 posts
Maybe just call it another name, and have similar gameplay mechanics, with spy histories...no need to call it alpha protocol 2

Rattaplan

Rattaplan

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 11 posts
yes.. and make it a Kickstarter project! :)

Posbi

Posbi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

yes.. and make it a Kickstarter project! :)

I read that AP cost something in excess of 8 million to make. I doubt that much could be raised via crowdfunding.

MetalCraze

MetalCraze

(0) Nub

• Members
  • 1 posts
As far as I can remember Sega said no to the sequel due to the poor sales. And as Posbi states it's too big project for ks, shame, it was a flawed gem but I liked it very much.

Troller

Troller

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 283 posts

yes.. and make it a Kickstarter project! Posted Image

I read that AP cost something in excess of 8 million to make. I doubt that much could be raised via crowdfunding.

well but maybe raise 4 million with crowdfunding and then more 4 million with company funding

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1612 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
I would kill for AP2. :( It was this game that brought me to these forums the first time, to find out if there were others who couldn't understand the hate for this game. Oh, and if anyone's wondering, that is a serious offer to kill someone if AP2 were offered as payment... :skeptical:
  • Joukehainen likes this

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2890 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Kickstarter Backer

I would kill for AP2. :( It was this game that brought me to these forums the first time, to find out if there were others who couldn't understand the hate for this game. Oh, and if anyone's wondering, that is a serious offer to kill someone if AP2 were offered as payment... :skeptical:

Going to try to find a target for you :)
Is the offer valid outside the US?

Edited by melkathi, 19 October 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Kindo

Kindo

Modron of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7 posts
Alpha Protocol is one of the finest RPG-experiences I've ever had. While the gameplay itself usually was little more than "OK", the way the game handled characterisation, dialogue, and the whole choice & consequence formula, are nigh-unparalleled. It's sad that it was not a more commercial success, of course, but then again, aren't many of our masterpieces often overlooked not only in this day and age, but throughout history?
  • Azdeus, Joukehainen and syn2083 like this

RosesandAshes

RosesandAshes

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I would love another Alpha Protocol (or, barring that, a spiritual successor with the same kind of character development). I don't understand why it didn't do that great. Sure, the combat was kind of minimalist but I thought it was fun, and I'm not really a spy movie person.

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1612 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Going to try to find a target for you :)
Is the offer valid outside the US?

I'm British so I'm already outside the US anyway. :) As long as you pay for the flight (first clas I ain't that cheap!)  and hotel rooms I'll go anywhere...

Hassat Hunter

Hassat Hunter

Royal Bug Catcher of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 5637 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Who wouldn't?

Except for the ones bashing AP without playing it of course for reasons beyond human comprehension...

Falcon084

Falcon084

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts

Maybe we fans should be telling Sega direct!

Aoyagi

Aoyagi

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Maybe we fans should be telling Sega direct!

Yes. In front of their HQ with pitchforks and torches.

I hate companies that hold an IP hostage even though the creators would be interested in making a sequel (or so I understand).

Edited by Aoyagi, 27 June 2013 - 06:11 AM.

Freddo

Freddo

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I would love to see an Alpha Protocol 2 or a new real-world environment RPG from Obsidian :)

Was some interesting talk about it here.

Edited by Freddo, 06 July 2013 - 04:03 PM.

syn2083

syn2083

Venom Vanguard of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

AP was a fantastic game actually. Mechanically it was ok bordering on really good. But we all know that.

Story wise it was fantastic, and RPG mechanics were excellent. I loved the story and dialogue. We all know obsidian can write, but their range and skill really showed in this one. Clearly outside of their normal territory they crafted an immense diverse story that hooked me from go.

If not a specific sequel I would love to see an RPG crafted in the spy thriller setting again. Heck make it in the style of an IE game, the story and setting would still rock and you could do some really neat things with that setup.

Aoyagi

Aoyagi

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So... any news? Denials? Even rumors? :cat:  It's too silent.

SummerDay

SummerDay

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yes, and the silence is deafening, isn't it?

melkathi

melkathi

Teddy Bear Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2890 posts
  • Steam:melkathi
  • Kickstarter Backer

I'm British so I'm already outside the US anyway. :) As long as you pay for the flight (first clas I ain't that cheap!)  and hotel rooms I'll go anywhere...

I always forget that you are you, the fellow Teasman from that time when hanging out on the Bioware forum was not associated with wierd alien erotic fetishes.

SirBlackjack

SirBlackjack

Dread Judge of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Agreed. AP was one of the best shooters I played even though it had some faults. Really miss those spy shooters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users