Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kingdoms Of Amalur Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts

You probably also afraid of the boogie man or what?

It would be foolish not to learn from past experiences.

And it's not like nightlights are expensive.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 6988 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I got the black screen on the demo too, and post processing fixed it, but it never crashed on me. But yeah, I wouldn't buy it yet with that kind of experience.

greylord

greylord

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1052 posts
I finally tried the demo, very buggy overall. I also think it's another one of the made for console games that simply got shoved off to PC in hopes to make a few more bucks but without spending tons of effort.

The game actually seems intriguing though from the Demo...sort of has almost a Planescape vibe at parts.

BobSmith101

BobSmith101

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 303 posts

I finally tried the demo, very buggy overall. I also think it's another one of the made for console games that simply got shoved off to PC in hopes to make a few more bucks but without spending tons of effort.

The game actually seems intriguing though from the Demo...sort of has almost a Planescape vibe at parts.

Kind of....Can't really say anything on the plot without giving something away.

I think the enjoyment comes down to two things.

1. Do you like the combat system
2. Do you like brighlty coloured worlds over the shades of brown.

There are a lot of side quests and they don't really add anything (besides money/items xp). The exceptions are the faction quests which have interesting stories behind them and are also very well done.There are exceptions though one of which rewards you with a house quite early on whjich is nice to have. But there are other ways to get a house so it's not essential.

I'd say your looking at a 15-20 "investment" hours before everything starts to come together. That's why I highlighted those 2 key points.

I've been playing it since last friday on and off. I've gave up doing every side quest (as I had to a certain point) now I just do the ones my character likes the look of. That means I'm making more plot progress and more faction quest progress , which I think is where the real fun is.

It's really not a fault of KOA I think the same is true of all sandbox games.

If you play a mage "Meteor" will make you go Muuhaawhaa whenever you use it. It's totally over the top and makes the 70 points getting there totally worth it.

Edited by BobSmith101, 17 February 2012 - 09:02 AM.

Maria Caliban

Maria Caliban

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3945 posts
Finished game. Liked it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users