SW: The Old Republic Part 3

Arg. Having a very irritating time right now. I've just got The Ritual quest of my class-storyline to the point where I'm facing the nightmare of Darth Andru, and the world quest of facing the Avatar of Sel-Makor.... and no matter what I'm doing, they both keep killing me within about 30-50 seconds.

And somehow, I'm out of money. :lol: So my equipment is all trashed, I've done all the available quests... and of course there's only like 10 people on planet and no-one wants to do the heroics...

And whats really bugging me, is that both of those two quests are classed as Level 47, and I've just turned fricking 49 - which is probably why I went broke so quickly after picking up the assorted class skills from the trainer. So I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong facing those guys...

Meh, now I'm going to take a firm break and see if any of the stuff I've dumped on the Trade Network gets picked up over the next few hours.. then I might be able to repair something...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That'll be fun, sitting in fleet, spamming general with LFG. Memories of UBRS runs.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That'll be fun, sitting in fleet, spamming general with LFG. Memories of UBRS runs.

Yeah, that does sound pretty lame. Thinking of that makes me thankful that I rarely reach the end game content in these games. By the time I get anyone to level 50, the cap will be raised.

Finally got off Taris today, spent almost a week there (did the bonus series too).

Are you doing the dailies Raithe? IIRC they are supposed to be a pretty good source of cash (I've been doing mine and I'm frankly rolling in it for the moment, no speeder training yet, so might change in the next hour of gametime) :p

Wish I'd have the time for a healer/commando alt, probably going to have less and less time to play in the near future, though. :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Did Cademimu and Boarding Party, I must say the former was so dull, especially after Hammer and Athiss. But Boarding Party was pretty cool, if only for the intro bit of kicking down the door.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Didn't do Boarding party... but pulled off Taral V where i was sent by Jedi Master Whinnie the Pooh to retrieve a specialized computer that could calculate a way for me to get into the Maelstrom Prison. It's actually DAMN hard all things considered.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I had him wipe 4000hp in one hit. You got to use disruption/force choke/push etc, anything that stops his charge up attacks.

Yeah, it's all about the interrupts with that guy.

What I ended up doing was spending half an hour flying starship missions to get some cash, repaired all my equipment...and went back for more.

Heh, actually ran into someone having exactly the same problem, so we just teamed up for the mission and wiped the guy in a minute.

Just arrived on Correllia now, to start the "Kaggath" with Darth Thanaton, and hit level 50. That's where I called it a night. Although I now seem to have a ridiculous amount of new skills to buy.. so I'm probably going to have to get some more credits together....

Have to wait for my friends to catch up, I'm 44, they're 40 and 35. So good enough time to roll a new class (and RE barrels in a vain attempt to get an epic one).

Haha, speaking of Avatar of Sel-Makor, that bastard just wiped the floor with me 4 times.

I have three interrupts and two of those has a long cooldown, really fun how that ****** spams lighting and force choke (which affects also the henchie by the way, I'd like my force choke be like that too).

Well, I've still got a chunk of my class storyline to finish off with my SI, even though I've hit 50. Heh, now all my xp earned is going directly to my "Legacy Bar"...

I have got a couple of other characters I created just to have a short poke at, but I haven't really played them that much. I think my Bounty Hunter is about 7th level, a Jedi Knight at 11th just on Coruscant, a Smuggler who is about 5th, and Sith Warrior at about 4th.

I have to admit, I do like the way they've blended the mechanics and they have those different feels to them.. Sith Inquisitors who have to regenerate Force, and then use it up , while Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors have to "build" up their force with certain attacks, and then have other attacks that use up force.. Versus Bounty Hunters who build up "heat" with their attacks and have to either vent it, or allow time for it to cool down naturally.. It does give a different feel to each class style.

Edit:

And further news time..

according to game director James Ohlen, who told CVG in a recent Old Republic interview that Game Update 2 will include three major pieces of content, as well as "full" Legacy game content.

Ohlen said: "Game Update 2 is much bigger in scope. It's further out from launch, so we can have much more of the team focussed on it. There's Part 2 of Rise of the Rakghouls, a brand new planet called Denova which has an 8-16 man Operation and a new Warzone.

"We might also be able to get some new space game missions into it. In addition to that we have single player content that you'll be able to go through as well..."

Update 1 releases tomorrow and the highlights include level 50 bracketing for PvP WarZones, the addition of anti-aliasing and changes to Open World PvP on Ilum.

Regarding the "full" Legacy game update, Ohlen explained: "It's a system that really benefits players who like to play alts - instead of having characters who have no relation to each other you can create a family, and when you're playing any member of that family you earn experience points for your Legacy tree.

"Those then unlock abilities and perks that help improve all your characters. I think that's going to be popular. Characters can be related to your main character in all kinds of ways - siblings, father, son, friend, you could be married to them..."

He also touched on Guild Banks, as well as the addition of PvP rankings for the competitive-minded players.

Edited by Raithe

Yeah, it's cool having your alts be related to each other. But I guess we'll be getting XP perks or something along those lines (wish the commendations were BoA though). Heh, remembering Cademimu, I wonder if Bioware was just trolling people with that elevator that stopped on 3 floors before the one you need to get to. :lol:

Yeah, it's cool having your alts be related to each other. But I guess we'll be getting XP perks or something along those lines (wish the commendations were BoA though). Heh, remembering Cademimu, I wonder if Bioware was just trolling people with that elevator that stopped on 3 floors before the one you need to get to. :lol:

It would be nice if you could pass commendations over... I mean, I found my SI still has Korriban commendations .. :lol:

Doh, I forgot to put the link in for that interview in my earlier post

PC Interview - "We've already got people working on content that won't be out till 2013"

Game Update 1:

Rise of the Rakghouls is aimed at level 50 players: it's going to be many, many hours of gameplay. It's a high-level Flashpoint so you're going to have to get together in a group and face some really tough monsters. It depends on your skill level or group composition in terms of how long it'll take you to do.

We're also releasing part two of Karagga's Palace, which is an Operation for 8 or 16 player groups. It was in the initial release, but it only had the initial event there - it involves Rancors. It's very much inspired by Return of the Jedi.

In Game Update 1 we're now expanding it to three or four times the size of what you saw in the initial release. New cut-scenes, new boss monsters, new encounters... it's completely fleshed out. People are going to be really excited. That'll probably take longer to finish. It's going to be very challenging.

We've put in anti-aliasing, which was something we wanted for launch but had to push out because we had our team working on performance and stability. Players with higher-end machines are really going to appreciate the graphical goodness that will come from that. Most of the game systems we're saving for Game Update 2, which comes in March.

Anyone recommend a class for a new start?

My main is a operative and I like that class a lot. I've played it both healing and dps speced and I think both are a lot of fun. You have to like resource management though, because the operative has a lot of that (much more than other classes). Apparently the dps operative is a house in pvp (wouldn't know, don't play pvp) while the healer seems to be the weakest healing class. It's still fine in PvE, but suffers a bit in PvP. From what I've read, no first hand experience (other than it heals fine in PvE, at least during levelling, can't say anything about endgame).

Also, the Imperial Agent got a cool story and the best male voice actor. And I like the first companion you get.

I've also tried a Sith Assassin tank, and while it's fun to play, it has nothing on the Operative. It is a bit fun to be tanking in light armor though (but the first companion you get is such a bore).

With the huge team they have working on this game, I'm really not surprised how quickly they are going to be pushing out content. Realistically that is the only way to maintain those big subscription numbers.

I hope they do something about commendations. They stack up and pretty much go to waste as you level. In beta you would trade them in for higher level commendations. I get that this can be exploited, but if they could figure out something useful for them other than the slim selection of gear, mods, and surprise boxes that would be nice.

Well, Here's another reason why Guardians and Warriors SUCK to level up at the moment.

Apparently if you are in a fight and your character dodges/parries an attack... it interrupts your own attack so you have to reque your ability.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread....3944&page=5

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

With the huge team they have working on this game, I'm really not surprised how quickly they are going to be pushing out content. Realistically that is the only way to maintain those big subscription numbers.

I would appreciate more if they would push out more fixes before new content.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I would appreciate more if they would push out more fixes before new content.

I imagine its really two different departments. But I get what you mean, there definitely are some bugs to work out.

Why do I get lag in the middle area of my starships? It makes little sense, I go into the other compartments and it runs fine, it's an instance... very bizarre.

I'm thinking about cancelling my subscription. PvP is unplayable. I get around 60 fps when I'm questing, 40 when in a flashpoint and 10 in warzones. 10 frames per second with ability lag makes it unplayable.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Anyone recommend a class for a new start?

At least my server seems to have a serious d(e)arth of healers (at least on the republic side), so any class that heals might give you an easy way into flashpoints and heroics.

I'd really like to try a medic commando, but I don't really have enough time for even the one character.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif