SW: The Old Republic Part 3

Well, although there haven't been any in-game rewards, and I've not had access to the Light Side or Dark Side items.. my main character has pretty much walked the path of neutrality regardless. So at the moment it balances out around positive 450 points on the scale.. with a few thousand light side and dark side points..

But then I started the game with the idea of seeing how well a Sith Inquisitor could walk that route rather then go Light or Dark. Characterwise, you can pull it off without being schizophrenic.

So I'll be looking forward to see what possibilities might open up in the future for people who poke at the grey path.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Seems weird to get that as a non-Force user.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

NEW CONTENT ON THE 17th! That is all.

New hangar bays ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

NEW CONTENT ON THE 17th! That is all.

Wow that's fast. Hopefully it will be something good.

Turbine used to release a content patch every other month for Asheron's Call. Those were good days. I'll be very happy if they give us some new content every 3-4 months.

Hopefully it's more Black Talon than Hammer Station, heh.

Well here's some of the info given out on the upcoming patches and updates..

First up, GameSpot spoke to James Ohlen, Game Director for Star Wars: The Old Republic. In the talk, Ohlen elaborates on the intentions of the Legacy System:

We wanted to have a system that encouraged players to create alts and to play the game through the different story paths. So the legacy system is meant to do that.

As an added bonus, Ohlen reveals that the next game update, coming in March, will be when they release guild banks, PvP rankings, and more including something that intrigues me greatly

Wasn't that in beta ? I'd also like some sort of commendation exchange too (or maybe have them BoA, so your alts can benefit from your leftovers).

Yeah.. I know my Sith Inquisitor is walking the grey path.. but I managed to get him matching robes and all (orange ones so I've been able to mod them) but dang it..they're all grey and a sort of "mint blue". Not exactly sharp Sith Assassin wear... :)

Now if I want to take all the mods out, it'll cost a small fortune, and I won't be guaranteed that whatever I put them in will actually match/improve what I'm currently wearing.

It would be really nice if you had some sort of function that would let you know what the overall stats would be in something if you do transfer all armor/mods/enhancements across.

The "match to chest piece" option was in beta, but apparently there were some issues that cropped up when they had to change other things. So rather then have something broken, they took it out, and have mentioned that they do plan to reintroduce something in the same vein, but "improved". But so far, there have been no details on that...

I'm not sure what you mean here. All mods do what they do regardless of what gear you put them in, do they not? A mod that gives +14 endurance will do just that in all gear it gets added to?

Not that specifically, I mean things like improvements to the Armor and level of the actual article itself. Not the direct "enhancement to stats" parts of it.

Hm, and from Emmanuel Lusinchi, the Technical Design Director

Edited by Raithe

Still not getting it. Only armoring mods change the armor value, and they will be identical between two orange pieces of the same type, ie two chest armors. Afaik there are no hidden stats when it comes to mods, they all do what they say they do.

I think to a degree, they might make it so that the mods will also change the color of the armor, in the same way lightsaber crystals change the color of the blade.

I finally managed to get my Knight back... it took me re-doing two questlines to pull it off however

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And apparently to get a purple/amethyst lightsaber crystal is an end-content type of thing. With some rather serious effort to plug away at...

Among the things you have to do, is defeat one of those "World boss" monsters, which will drop certain schematics needed to create the crystal..

That's not counting the efforts involved in getting the materials needed.

the purple thing were a pain in the tukus. sure, the world boss on belsavis were ridikulous, but one expects that, no? nope the pain came from world boss only respawning ever 2.5 hours or so, and those tatooine vaporators having a similarly glacial respawn. we only got 3 crafters with artifice o' 400, but am suspecting it is gonna take a week and a half to get all o' us the recipe.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Still not getting it. Only armoring mods change the armor value, and they will be identical between two orange pieces of the same type, ie two chest armors. Afaik there are no hidden stats when it comes to mods, they all do what they say they do.

Yea, I did test this out with my orange gear, two of my lightsaber's one I have had for at least 10 lvls now and my newest one. I don't like how they did this, there should be some base number diffenences between orange loot as you lvl up, and not just because it has higher lvl mods on it.

I use the Kath Hound server as a Jedi Knight, Tyranzel lvl 36 , if anyone wants to group quest.

Trailer for the new FP