Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The funny things thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
538 replies to this topic

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 9449 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Tale82
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

A meter will always be a meter.

Would you be happy to know that the meter has changed several times? The most recently being in 1975, where it was based on the speed of light. Prior to that it was something like the wavelength of light from a krypton-86 lamp. Which was apparently asymmetric, hence the problem. And before that it was a particular metal bar.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 9748 posts

Would you be happy to know that the meter has changed several times? The most recently being in 1975, where it was based on the speed of light. Prior to that it was something like the wavelength of light from a krypton-86 lamp. Which was apparently asymmetric, hence the problem. And before that it was a particular metal bar.

Which changed size depending on the room temperature... ;)

Raithe

Raithe

Lurking Caped One of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2703 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
All numbers we impose on the universe are arbitrary. Some just appear to be less arbitrary then others...
  • Walsingham likes this

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wasn't even born there. And by how much did it change? Ám?

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5620 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Raithe has a point. ANY number we choose to measure things by is no more or less sensible than a monarch's appendage. The only hilarious thing in this discussion is your touching and childlike faith in the men in white coats.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5620 posts
  • Location:The drawing room of Lady Muldoon's residence one morning in early spring
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

Courtesy of Liberty Meadows.

Oner

Oner

Loner of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6995 posts
  • Backer
http://uncyclopedia....n_(walkthrough)
Pac-Man Walkthrough

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3951 posts
House of the rising sun on electronic devices.. I don't know why, but I really like this :)

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5280 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Getting those TekTronix oscilloscopes was a God-send back in my labs. Cool video

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2703 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

Gorgon

Gorgon

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 3514 posts
Ever wonder i Firefly was good because it didn't get a dozen seasons.

Walsingham

Walsingham

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 5620 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
How many is The Only Way is Essex into now?

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Ever wonder i Firefly was good because it didn't get a dozen seasons.

Well if it had more seasons it would have gone through the usual, everyone hooks up with everyone, someone dies/transforms into a demon from another dimension, then they get back together; despite all the grudges, for the sake of something greater than themselves and just when they are about to fight it they cancel the series without a conclusion.
It's the Whedon cycle.
  • Walsingham likes this

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5280 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Scale of Universe

Pretty cool. Ah the Sloan Great Wall. Also ****ing embedding

Edited by Gorth, 09 February 2012 - 06:10 PM.
Language

• Rosbjerg likes this

Nonek

Nonek

Not of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Whilst perusing the Witcher forums for mods, I came across this rather biting piece of ribaldry:

This just in: Renowned video game developers Bioware/EA have announced that despite creating over one thousand seperate pieces of downloadable and pre order content for their latest eagerly awaited masterpiece, they have forgotten to make the ACTUAL game.

One Mass Effect 4 developer who has been on the crunch since disco admitted that the game just got overlooked. "Dude, we were just so busy coding various tat for nickle and diming the suckers that we kind of forgot there WAS a game."

An EA executive when asked for comment announced that all dlc will be fully playable in other games and that there are no plans to actually release Mass Effect 4, because and I qoute: "We've allready made more cash selling a non existent product to our discerning customers than Michael Jacksons plastic surgeon, so screw 'em."

Fan reaction has been mixed with many long term fan stating that this was just a matter of time, however a large and vocal majority of fans (the Dragon Age 2 Fan Troop or 2 D.A.F.T.) have come out defending Bioware's corner. Stating that the developers are implementing all their dlc in other cross promotional games and that players shouldn't have the temerity to ask for an actual stand alone game, 2 Daft have called for the imprisonment and eventual execution of anyone caught criticising or not offering blood sacrifice to their lord and god, a move which EA has stated that they are considering for their next end user license agreement.

In this reporters opinion the assault course, kidnapping, robbery and torture that are required in the current eula are enough, but it seems that the pirate menace which funds terrorism and the drug trade (which EA are currently trying to corner the market on) may drive the publisher to develop such stern measures.

As always this is the Dirk Thrustington AI, bringing you your future news. Give us a minute and we'll condense ten thousand years of history into easily manageable soundbites.

Bit harsh but rather amusing.

Edited by Nonek, 09 February 2012 - 05:27 PM.

Raithe

Raithe

• Members
  • 2703 posts
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

Morgoth

Morgoth

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10099 posts
  • Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Posted Image

Posted Image

Compare, find the differences, win a price!

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1936 posts

LOL America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-gtbvm9sA&feature=g-all-u&context=G2df1bf6FAAAAAAAAAAA

Being an officer is a physically demanding job. If you can't restrain a non violent middle class kid you should be behind a desk or not in the police force. In other words, stupid lazy bitch.

And in the background:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2xV8cBnGu4

Edited by Drowsy Emperor, 12 February 2012 - 12:08 AM.

Drowsy Emperor

Drowsy Emperor

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1936 posts

I still get a better sense of someone's height when they say they're 6'3" than I would for 190 cm or something along those lines.

191cm, ha!

Your puny inches would deprive me of that important cm.

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 7137 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

LOL America.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3-gtbvm9sA&feature=g-all-u&context=G2df1bf6FAAAAAAAAAAA

If you can't restrain a non violent middle class kid

How come you didn't tell us you were visiting the states, Boo?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users